2005 Brisbane Cup

Easy Tiger

According to the calendar this event is supposed to be on this coming weekend, the 3rd of July at Mt Gravatt. Is the Brisbane Cup going ahead? I haven't heard anything about it mentioned anywhere.

Cheers.

The Brisbane Cup is still going ahead on Sunday. Entries are down but I wish to maintain a tournament presence in Brisbane. A couple of extra incentives for everybody. Entry fee will be reduced to $100. A & B squad winners receive a bonus $100 each. High ladies entrant $100 and 2nd placed lady $50.
First place $600 will be guaranteed. and a payout to 18th place $100 will occur if we receive 36 entries. Am happy to take entries via this post.
Thanks
Tony Goodwin
Regional Manager
AMF Brisbane

Thanks for that Tony, excellent to see AMF offering these extra incentives and for standing by the tournament scene. Great move reducing the entry fee from $120 to $100 as well.

Please put me down for B squad. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Cheers,
Tim Reichel.

Hi everyone,
Thanks to those that have responded so far. We have to date 3 entries in A squad and 40 in B squad. So in fairness to everyone I have decided to make it a one squad tournament. So those that entered in A squad through this forum should note the change. I would be happy if anyone had contact numbers for Chris Valentine and Terry Wenban and if they could contact me on my mobile 0418 510499 to avoid any inconvenience.
Looking forward to seeing everybody Sunday
Thanks
Tony Goodwin

If B squad check-in is at it's advertised time, I will probably have to pull out due to work commitments, unless the tourney is scheduled to be wrapped up by around 5:30pm.

check in same time 1.00pm sharp.
All things going to plan finish around 6pm.
My apologies Chris if you cant make it. I/We will get better at this for the future.
Hope to create a data base of tournament bowlers, vary some formats and generally create some interest in tournament bowling but ultimately that will come down to the support we receive from the bowlers of Brisbane/Queensland.
Thanks for now
Tony Goodwin

I will keep my name down at this point in time, I may be able to work something out to start work a little later on the Sunday.

Must say a big thanks to you Tony and AMF for really getting behind the tournament and supporting it. I know things will start to get easier in the future.

Tony a good call to have one squad, thanks for Tim kelly as he sits just a few feet away at work. This may be a better way to go forward to have one squad at 11am that will suit everyone.

Thanks for the support to drop the entry.... see you this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom