2004 K&K CLASSIC SQUAD LISTING

Unbelievable though it may be, the K & K Classic has reached maximum numbers (100 bowlers) with 4 weeks still to go.

At the moment, Kedron bowl is negotiating a squad for the Friday night - 19th March - check in at 6.00pm. This has yet to be finalized as we will not go ahead unless we have the full centre to use. Anyone wishing to book in, I would suggest that you do so ASAP and your nomination can be confirmed as soon as arrangements have been finalized....please make certain you leave a contact number.

Squad C had been extended to four to a pair to allow another 10 bowlers but these spots were snapped up over the weekend. It is hoped we can encourage some C Squad bowlers to transfer to the Friday night to keep C Squad at 3 to a pair. (Please!!!!!) Anyone in either A or B Squad may do the
same !!! Congratulations to all bowlers from all over for your support - naturally, prize fund will be INCREASED.

Many thanks to AMF, Sports Series, ATBSO and Twin Tour centres for the co-operation we are all receiving - the numbers being generated in all our tourns. are testament to that spirit.

Attached is the new squad list - please contact:
Mary Flower - Ph. 07 3865 8887 - Mob. 0409 499 006 or
email: [email protected]

YES!! Friday Squad to go ahead - thanks to Kedron Bowl. Check in at 6.00pm.

There are already 10 entries so I would suggest you get in EARLY as we do have reserves in the other squads who are waiting to fill some of Friday night spots......

Peter Coburn (TBA) has offered to put live scores on the TBA website - will advise you of links at a later date....many thanks.

Extra Prize Fund - to be announced - with such a great increase in entries we will pay further down with $$$$$.

Another upgraded squad list will be posted at the end of this week.....thanks to all who are supporting, especially the locals who are really standing up and being counted.

Flower

Mary....I think I am in C squad at the moment...could I please be put into an earlier squad on saturday if there is any chance or can you put me in the friday night squad and I'll just have to leave work early.

Thanks.

Hi Mary,

I just wanted to check that everything is still ok for someone to pick me up at the airport on the Saturday morning. I am arriving at Brisbane airport at 7.10am. Also if something goes wrong with the flight or something will it be ok to move me to another squad?

Regards
Brett

Mary

As much as I know you Banana benders would like to claim him as one of your own, I believe Paul Trotter still hails from the great state down under called VIC. Was wondering why I couldn't find him on the spreadsheet. Looking for VIC entries.

Regards
Terry
It's time to be Hammer-ed!

Wot a blunder!!! Paul Trotter is definately VIC......I will amend on the next Squad posting.....I probably thought he was one of the many ex-patriates that have migrated to the most beautiful part of the world.....apologies!!! Yes, and we will still collect him from the airport.......

There are officially 17 entries in the Friday night squad now - there are reserves in all three squads on Saturday - no more vacancies at all for Sat. Would love to hear from you for Friday night........still two weeks to go!!!!! so make your decision now.

Will post upgraded squad listing after this weekend.

Mary Flower: 07 3865 8887
Mobile: 0409 499 006

Mary

Was wondering where that squad listing update got to. Interested to see the new one with the addition of the Friday squad.

Regards
Terry

Attached is the squad list for the K & K Classic at 12.3.04 -

Friday night (19th March at 6.00pm) has been a great go-er with 21 bowlers now (plus a reserve for B or C Squad) and the probability of filling it by next Friday....I will be 'cruising' (XXXX in hand) at the Western Open at Richlands tomorrow and again at Mt. Gravatt on Sunday for ATBSO (no XXXX - will be bowling!) so you may give me your entries then.

Prize Money will be increased by $2000 (right now) and the possibility of even MORE!!!

For nominations, queries and airport pick-ups (if you have not already done so) -

MARY FLOWER - Ph. 07 3865 8887
Mobile: 0409 499 006

Mary,

Can you confirm that National ratings points still apply to this event. I heard a story that it wont receive points if 1st place remains at $1700 for the men as a TBA have a $2000 requirement as part of their tournament accreditation. I know you have checked this a few months ago but I would appreciate (I'm sure some other bowlers would too) if you could check with Alex from TBA and get a clear and consise ruling on this event.

I'm bowling no matter what but I wouldn't want a damper on such a great event by not having points allocated to this event.

See you Wednesday night,

George

Rumours, rumours!!! Typical bowling environment!!!

Yes, George - the tournament is definately ranked - we paid our $$$$ and received our Accred. Number - it has been on the list since TBA posted the tournaments very early in the new year - why has no comment been made until Cannington?????

TBA has confirmed this only a couple of weeks ago after the comments surfaced.......'Open tournaments with a Men's and Ladies Division must have a total first prize fund of $2500'. The K & K Classic fulfilled this criteria for TBA.

As I stated to TBA and you well know, rankings points are just as important to many bowlers as are the $$$$$ - maybe we do not have the 'big' first place but we also do not have the $290 entry fee and I feel there is a real place in the scheme of things for rankings for tourns. such as the K & K Classic. Ladies tourns. and Seniors also are in a similar state as numbers, sponsorship and entry fees do not allow big payouts unfortunately but still attract rankings. Wait until you are 50 and bowl for $700 first place in a Seniors event (and there were 56 starters!!!!)

I do not wish to offend anyone with this post but for those who know me - I am passionate about 'low cost' tourns. supplying the best value for money we can achieve. That is also what the sponsor's DREAM is. With the increase in entries our total prize fund has increased to over $18000 with good money now for your $170 entry. 15th place will now be $375 approx. - a big rise from the original $190.

Good luck, George in your overseas endeavours and see you Wed. with $$$$ in your pocket.

FLOWER

Mary

I have to inform you that I may now be a doubtful starter for the tournament.

Although I will be definately making the trip up, I have a major problem.

Yesterday afternoon while watching the second squad of qualifying of the Werribee Cup my car was stolen and along with it went all my bowling gear.

I am hoping I get them back, as on the bowls camera we saw that it was a couple of youths and I am hoping that they wanted to just get from A to B and saw my car as a way of getting there.

I can only sit and wait now and hope I get a pleasant phone call in the next couple of days.

I suggest you hold my spot until at least Wednesday and then I will contact you first thing Thursday if I have not had any luck by then.

Hoping!
Terry Silva
I've just been Hammer-ed!

Good luck Terry with getting everything back. I know how it feels i had all my stuff stolen a few years back and its a real pain. They even took my bowling shirt with my name on it, why i dont know but maybe you can look at it another way which i did and you can start to get some new toys to play with.

Brett

Yeah I was planning to drop ball weight but unfortunately not this soon. Although it's early and I might get them back I'm already resigned to the fact that my bowling may now be on hold for awhile.

Regards
Terry

Back
Top Bottom