124 bowlers at a tournament!!!!!!!!

bfcc

no i am not talking about the 1980's on the weekend at the twin tour stop at aspley bowl in queensland mary flower had 124 bowlers at the tournament!! well done to mary and all her helpers for running a great tournament , just goes to show you don't need a huge prizefund to attract bowlers, mary works hard getting any sponsorship she can , she gives everyone the right encouragement to keep them coming back.

how many can she get at kedron ?? do i hear 130!!!!

:shock: :shock:

Its wonderful to see Mary's Tour getting these numbers. But keep in mind these tournaments cater for the handicap bowlers more than the scratch. Considering lower average bowlers make up most of the numbers in bowling accross Australia, Mary has used her head and it is really paying off. It is a little bit harder to get these numbers at a scratch tournament that's for sure. This is not a post to down grade anyone or anything. It is simply my point of view as to why Mary's Tour is such a success. Well done Mary. :D

Congratulations Mary on a terrific effort, it takes an enormous effort and a great deal of planning to get the bowlers to turn up to a tournament.

I understand they are not necessarily scratch bowlers but still, they amount to 99% of the bowlers we have in Australia, and they are the ones we should be nurturing, remember that true scratch bowlers don't just appear.

Hope you have many more successes with your tournaments Mary.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig
TD Melbourne Tenpin Cup

Back
Top Bottom