1,000 Perfect games per year in Australia

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Seven perfectos in seven months at Fairlanes in Western Australia..and SCOOPS says it's a good thing. :roll:

Next, we'll be counting no-tap 300's as real. :oops:
Assuming every centre in Australia used a Kegel to condition their lanes..would that mean we could have over a thousand 300 games bowled in just one calendar year?
Better get that ring ready for my 3 year old..should be happening any day now!

How things have changed !!
I've never forgotten the very FIRST300 in OZ by wrong foot Joe Velo at Corrimal.
I was bowling at Leichhardt in Sydney when the news came through. Can't recollect the exact year, just the excitement, probably around '65 and THERE WERE NO MORE FOR ABOUT 7-10 YEARS .
Hmmmmm....who did bowl that second one ?
Was it AMF's Guenther Gsodam at Rushcutter ?

Actually the second 300 was bowled at Mt Isa in February 1964. It was bowled by Wayne Sullivan who received 1000 pounds cash from Ampol and a bowling ball.

:idea:Correct:idea: Wayne "Rip" Sullivan at Mt Isa, February 1964.

Australian Sanctioned 300 Games - 1960's
Total: 14.
Australian Sanctioned 300 Games - 1970's
Total: 27.
Australian Sanctioned 300 Games - 1980's (To 8/8/88)
Total: 95.
Australian Sanctioned 300 Games - 1990's
Total: No figures available.
Australian Sanctioned 300 Games - 2000's
Total: No figures available.

State by state break up of 300's - later :!:

Stats courtesy of "Tenpin Bowling In Australia" Published 1988.

It was always going to happen.
More 300's
alone with
Golf Drivers and soft golf balls have changed Golf. 360 yard drives are common place. The average in the seventies was 240-260 yards.
Rosco Tanner changed Tennis with the first 120mph serve back in the seventies, now the ladies regularly do it.
In the seventies the 15 minute barrier would never be broken in 1500 metre swim, well Grant Hackkett did 14.08 in the short course. Thanks to his Fishie Skin Suit and "soft" water.
Big Daddy Geralitios, the fastest man on 4 wheels once said "we just can't go any faster" referring to his world record of 6.53sec for the quarter mile, Now its below 5 seconds.
"We''ll have to slow down these F1 cars this year" states the President of F1, and Schumaker breaks the track record by 3 seconds.

I am sure there are plenty more examples.

A good thing? I dont know, but it was always going to happen.

BTW, ZERO Count!!!!!

Stax
Bring back your Avatar.

In reply to Stax, I also unsure whether all those improvements are good or bad, but look at it like this.

Excitement
setting the fastest lap
breaking a speed limit
driving the ball the furthest
more strikes in a row
more goals in a game

The list goes on and on, the excitement of the game is why we watch, well one of the reasons anyway.

Im sure there are bad things to improvements in technology but there are good ones to.

Sorry micky_macca but the more often 300 games are bowled, the less exciting they become. They've become so prevalent in America that most of the time no one from more than two pairs away even stops to watch.
Excitement?..I think not!

Yes true wayne, but did you catch my drift, there are pros and cons to advancements in technology.

Wait until people start getting closer to 900's :p sounds far off now but unless something or someone intervines, it probably will happen, although theres still that factor of LUCK.

Back
Top Bottom