'09 JNR nationals oil pattern ??

What machine they using?? An old Phoenix or Crossfire?

Our league pattern is flatter.... and I have unlimited bounce off the edge!

Just looking at the scores so far i see quite a few of the 'non elite'(not using that term in an insulting way of course!!)kiddies giving their entering avarages a bit of a belting to say the least. They'll go home happy and wanting to come back next yr. Thats why you cant lay down some flat flood at nationals.

So does that mean we should expect a McRae strike fest like last year??? No offence to him, cause it was an incredible feat Kev, but i'd prefer at least a challenging lane condition when i'm bowling at the one of top level junior event of the year. My last year was last year, and i would've wanted to go out, testing my all my skills against the top juniors in Australia, on a tough pattern that makes me want to work. Ah well, i suppose we can't keep everybody happy. Almost like wanting it to be hotter in winter, and colder in summer...

Everyone u have to remember that there r kids bowling on this pattern that r under 12 plus not many jnrs would be able to adjust to a harder pattern and i dont think TBA would like Jnrs to be bowling an average of 100

I'd like them to be learning to bowl in reality, not thinking they're way better than they are because they're scoring well and don't get motivated to improve.

I have no problem with a ditch for the Nationals, as long as they set a tough pattern for Shield with a practice session on it the night before. The champion state/zone should have to earn it on a tough "REAL" pattern.

Agree with you Brenton. For the non-shield bowlers give them a chance to experience the time away. For many it is their first time bowling interstate. How can you expect a 7-8 year old who has only been bowling for 12 months, travelling without family support, on very different lanes etc to be able to handle "tough" conditions. They are still learning the basics so give them a chance to learn slowly.

For the Shield teams it is totally different. Give them the tough pattern - after all they are the best in each State, they should be able to bowl on the harder patterns and have coaches with them to help adjust if necessary. I agree however that they should be given the chance to practice on the pattern the night or afternoon before. These kids are the future of the sport, they should be given every opportunity to use the nationals as a learning but very pleasurable experience, how to adapt to different lanes, bowling with new team members, away from family & friends etc. Make it too hard and they may lose motivation and want to quit, too easy gives them inflated egos. There is a balance there a tough but fair condition for them.

Mannah and Brenton have it right, but how can you find the happy medium??? Like i said, it's like wanting it to be hotter in winter and colder in summer.

the pattern wont change for shield, this pattern is some what of ditch but, the brake down off the pattern will determine, the winners and losers, as one the weather is different everyday up here, and will have a big affect on the pattern, and there is nothing wrong with the phoenix, as it is perfect working order,

i think you will see some big scores, but pin carry up here is very cruel, i know it has cost me at least 3 perfect games already.

and also TBAL sets the pattern not the center, so don't go blame the center, and the better and inform bowlers will always ride to the top, generally.

i say to all, wait until end of day 2 of sheild to determine, the quality of the pattern given

the pattern might look easy but it is also a trap bowl the wrong line & you will rap all day swing it a bit more & watch 4 & 6 pins go wider & be ready for headpin shots,
abyway 99.9% of tournaments are bowled in ditches just browse at all the high games bowled & tournament scores so why complain now,
storm king is correct in his comments
good luck to all the bowlers & please don't knock the sport you love

Back
Top Bottom