Youth Team Challenge 2003

Sandi,
Good for Northern. But not every State is in that position. I don't see this as griping. You have expressed your opinion with how wonderful you believe this idea is. We are expressing what we see as problems with it. That's all.
Kassey Fechner.

well hell my turn..
how about i say i am extactic that its on and very well done for TBAL for finally bringing something like this in!! (oh and in my first year of youth as well... (oh yeh i have to make the team first.. whoops..) anyway im still happy for us youth :p)

and in true TBAL fashion... its the worlds worst kept secret... rumors were flying around for ages before. Maybe this is the TBAL's form of communications? *shrugs* works for the rest of the bowling world! :p hah
The only thing wrong was no OFFICIAL confirmation or press was released early enough!

Sure Northern isnt as hard off as tasmania or WA or many other states.. but our roll offs arent until like november.. so even tho we know about it, you wont know until then if you need to save like crazy or not (i mean, i am thinking about buying some stuff but if i KNEW i was in this team i wouldnt be buying it .. if u get what i mean) and i wont most likely go back to work until december again!
so it seems everyone is in the same scrappy boat.. well.. everyone that has posted on here anyway.

we'll see what happens i spose...
but still, congratulations even if the organisation wasnt perfect, to the TBAL!! step in the right direction for SURE!!
:D :D

Oh my Gosh! Are you serious?!?!?

why try and have an opinion - when nobody else is open but to hear their own thoughts?

Id just like to say that this youth challenge is an excellent idea and its about time it happened. Everyone is always going to have different opinions on what they think should be done and there is really no point in dragging it on. I understand that the tasmanians are always going to be disadvantaged but arent they always? Every state has used a different way of selecting there team, and while i dont agree with some of them knowone was given much time to organise rolloffs.
To Martina: you sound as though this topic has really got you worked up but you wont gain anything having a go at Kimi. You said it wasnt a personal attack but it sure sounded that way to me.

Good luck to all youths involved :D

hi all
jamie sim here.
the northern team will be for the boys:
me
michael little
nathan kennedy ( if he pulls his finger out his arse)
most likely trent cage if he is old enough.

so dont even bother rolling off anyone else, full stop(.)
but for the girls
as long as the hitman makes it, i dont give a rats arse who else makes it.
Jamie Sim. OUT!!!!

Hitman - I think you'll find that Michael Little will be ineligible as he is already 23.

The rules state that a participant must be eighteen years of age or older on the first of January in the year of the competition and must not have reached twenty three (23) years of age on the first of January in the year of competition.

Year of the competition is 2003.

(Laughing while typing)

All i can say is that ms - i also read that a personal attack on kimi.....but yeah i do agree with you in some aspects i also dont think this is the same as president shield....

but also i really think people should actually think and read what they type before they post.

Sarah

and jamie, trents not eligable either (for like 3 years i think?) , so umm... i dunno who else is down there nowdays, nathan jenner? :?

Martina ... Kim ...

Can you not subject us to this utter crap? Thousands of people read this daily, stop making yourselves look like fools.

Martina, if you have issues with the way the tournament is run, voice your concerns to the people that count. There are only a handful of TBA people that actually read this forum, and its not hard to see why.

Kim, Martina is fishing, she baited you with her post, you bit the line, and she reeled you in ...

Im sure even Peter Coburn, the VICTORIAN TBA representative would be happy to answer any questions you have in a PERSONAL email.

As for the tournament in itself ...

Its replacing the International Youth, which was declining in numbers anyhow, so this is a boost for the tournament. I am hoping Doc Kee and his associates are involved in the tournament, their contribution to this sport is invaluable.

Negative, negative, negative. Lets just focus on the negatives hey? What positives does this tournament actually bring to this lovely country for our youth bowlers:

1. A chance to find a happy medium between Junior and Adult. You get out of juniors, and suddenly find you are against people who average 20 or more pins than you, doesnt it just make you want to give up? This is a way you can get around that, and develop your maturity to a level where you can match it with these guys. Some are already at that level, some learn a little later on.
2. The format is exactly the same as FIQ. Since when have we ever been trying to develop our top national bowlers in the format they will bowl overseas. This could be the second tournament in a year that does this, I am imagining the youth roll offs will also be the same. I cant find a reason as to why this is a bad thing, people cry about the same old boring format, this gives everyone an opportunity to bowl, you bowl 6 average games, you are still in a hunt to win.
3. A more stable youth circuit seems to be what is happening next year. NSW has their grand prix, Victoria has numerous state and national youth tournaments. I cant really speak for the other states, but NSW and VIC are pioneering the importance of youth and junior bowling in this country. How can we support this? Bowl the tournaments ... You dont like the format or something about the tournament? Speak to the tournament director or committee instead of just bitching about it to your friends, whats that going to acheive

People want their cakes, want to eat it, then take whats left over home for their pet dog. Im out of youth next year, but Im going to try and get involved with as many youth tournaments as I can.

Back
Top Bottom