Would Something Like this work?

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
I know we are pretty lucky up here having two really successful tournaments like the sports series and Marys Twin tour.

But thing ive noticed since ive been back bowling is there isn't really alot of tournaments regularly unless you want travel interstate and im sure i wouldnt be the only one who isnt at the level to compete and pay out the money to go to all the National ranked tournaments at this stage.

Do people think there would be room for a something like a South Queensland Bowler of the Year Circuit of 10 to 12 Scratch tournaments with a points system where the top 16 bowlers would contest a final at the end of the year.

Am i dreaming or could something like this work, the way i see it could only be a postive thing for the sport up here giving more bowlers exposure to scratch tournaments up against the likes of states tops bowlers.

What do people think?

I think the same QLD bowlers who are winning the ranked tournaments now, would undoubtedly dominate a SQ circuit. Other than that, I say go for it!

You can look forward to joining ATBSOQ in 2221 Cam:D It is a great local tour;)

Seriously, your idea is a good positive one - run with it. :cool: Only snag would be date clashes and that would need some thorough groundwork.

Cheers

Feral said:
You can look forward to joining ATBSOQ in 2221 Cam:D It is a great local tour;)
Seriously, your idea is a good positive one - run with it. :cool: Only snag would be date clashes and that would need some thorough groundwork.
Cheers
what are you talkin about Reg
im only 20 :D or atleast thats what i tell the girls after a few bourbons

seriously though u point about the seniors is right something like that for adult bowlers would be awesome.

Yep as Wayne you are right the Georges and Carls etc would dominate but for the bowlers not at that level like myself the exposure to bowling against those guys regularly would only improve us.

Your idea is a positive one Ninja299 but sometimes flooding the bowling scene with TOO MANY tournaments can sometimes do more harm than good. You only have to go back to the AMF circuit a few years ago, in conjuction with other lone events held, where certain tourneys (for reasons I believe that there were too many events on each weekend) would not pull the numbers.

I think having an Open Tournament that is aimed at the bowlers, despite ther love of the game, stil have a handicapp not suiting that of their passion and drive of the game. Why couldn't we do a bi monthly tournament similar to the inter-centre tournaments that was indivual based not team based??

One thing I have noticed is the same as before, everyone wants to run something on their own. Why not simply combine what is already there, we keep re-inventing the wheel.
You could have what you want using both Mary's and the Sports Series plus all the independent events but that would require organisation. Its why golf succeeds they have direction. The reason you have clashes is because it's not co-ordinated, it's not rocket science.
Lets work together and support whats already there and the game will grow.

twenban said:
One thing I have noticed is the same as before, everyone wants to run something on their own. Why not simply combine what is already there, we keep re-inventing the wheel.
You could have what you want using both Mary's and the Sports Series plus all the independent events but that would require organisation. Its why golf succeeds they have direction. The reason you have clashes is because it's not co-ordinated, it's not rocket science.
Lets work together and support whats already there and the game will grow.
that sounds great

Yeah, I agree why not simply work with what we already have. In Cairns we had monthly Bowler of the month Tournaments and an end of year Bowler of the year. I would say the majority of these were supported only by beginner bowlers for some reason, perhaps it was the handicap system used??????? Twin Tour having both Scratch and Handicap points makes it something for everyone and is probably why it is so well supported.

I think it would be great to simply increase the number of Twin Tour events to say monthly in 2007, though I am not sure if poor Mary and her team will agree with all the hard work they have to put into them. We might have to have start a drink fund for the team of tireless workers LOL. Perhaps it is just because I enjoy them so much but it does seem along time between tours.

Ice said:
Perhaps it is just because I enjoy them so much but it does seem along time between tours.

Yes but Ice once you finally find your way home from one event its time to pack the car up again and start to navigate your way to the next one so you don’t miss check in...:D

Too close an event would see you living out of a suit case and your car...

Of course unless you have gotten that Satellite Navigation installed to you car yet...;)

No, I haven't got Sat nav yet, but Feral did offer to loan me his a while back LOL

P.S Can you give me directions to Aspley????? LOL

I agree with the organisation aspect of bowling. As I've said in another post, it seems to me that too much emphasis is on the social aspect of bowling compared to the competition. Sports like golf and the football codes have integrated the two aspects into one and are successful as a result.

Back to the main topic, yes, I would like to see all regions of australia take up a tour of their own in this respect. The problem is reorganising the sport's timetable through the year to allow this to happen.

Back
Top Bottom