more junior tournaments.

luke

hi everyone in the qld area. i post this topic because i would like to see a junior circut be set up, something simalair to the adult circut that happens, this is just an idea so juniors have more tournaments, if there is ne one out there that can give me an idea if anything like this could happen that would be great. thanks luke green

amf is supposed to have a junior circuit this year... keep an eye out for it
not exactly sure what the go is with it though

i mean tournaments that are close for us that live in the brisbane and surrounding areas

jl said:
amf is supposed to have a junior circuit this year... keep an eye out for it
not exactly sure what the go is with it though

I think you may be refering to the intercentre teams challenge, similar to what the pennants was last year. This is all well and good but I think what Luke means is a series of individual tournaments. Doesn't NSW have something like this?...I have seen how their juniors get "ranked" but have no idea how it works...

hey luke!
there is an AMF jnr circuit... check out to see if AMF Mt Gravatt has any forms (or even Greenslopes or Kedron at roll-offs)....

chips,

after being an amf employee for four years, and even bowling in the pennants competition numerous times, i know the difference between that comp and the new circuit they have set up in 2005. i have seen flyers for it at kedron already. i might remember to pick one up tomorrow night.

i hope for bowling's sake they aren't doing the qld pennants in 2005.

i also hope that didn't sound too rude. if it did, i'm sorry

jason

more junior tournaments

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know about the New AMF Junior Tournament called Centre to Centre Shootout. Each AMF centre will host a round of this tournament. It is a tournament open to all Junior bowlers who currently bowl in an AMF centre. It is a tournament designed to encourage the up and coming bowlers. Flyers are available at any AMF centre.
Also the 2nd Junior Redcliffe City Open will be on again this year on the 9th October, will post more info as it gets closer.
Cheers

but what about the junior bowlers that do not bowl in a AMF centre and and are these 'tournaments' also open to the higher junior bowlers

:p 8) MATTY J 8) :p

more junior tournaments

Firstly guys the new Centre to Centre Shootout is a tournament designed to encourage up and coming junior bowlers to bowl in an enviroment of Tournament play. It is open to higher average bowlers, however it is a 100%/180 handicap with a negative handicap for bowlers over 180 average.
At AMF we aknowledge that numbers of Profile Juniors in South Queensland are not as strong as has been in past years and want to contribute to fixing it, that is why our Tournament is only open to bowlers who have a current AMF League Average, so as to offer a pathway through Tenpin Bowling for those Juniors who would like to take the sport more competitively.
I agree with the fact that there is a lack of competitive tournaments for juniors in Brisbane, hence why I started the Junior Redcliffe City Open last year. It is my vision to rebuild the Tournament Circuit however it has to start at the beginning by encouraging new talent to participate, to build the numbers to make a Tournament Circuit work for the long term.
Also I have in the workings a new tournament for juniors in South Queensland the info is at the printers currently and will take place on 10th and 11th september and is called The Ken MIlls Kup, look out for the flyers soon.
Cheers

what is this 'ken mills kup' going to be also handicap...you say that the junior profile of south queensland is not as strong as it used to be...but then didn't they win the presidents shield last year coming 1st in the girls and second in the boys. out of the 14 juniors that made up the junior state team last year i think it was about 3 or 4 that bowled in an amf centre all of the rest were from the 'outside' centres

what about opening this amf circuit thingo to the other junior that dont bowl in a amf centre. not being able to participate in the amf curcuit is it like punishment for not bowling in a amf centre. what about all of the other up and coming juniors that dont bowl in a amf centre what is going to happen to them.

if you wanted to create more junior tournaments for south queensland elite bowlers then it should not be handicaped as the junior redcliffe city open was. surely these elite bowlers should be bowling off scratch as they will have to do when they become seniors.

8) :p MATTY J 8) :p

more junior tournaments

Thanks Disco Stu for your input, however a couple of your comments are not acurate, firstly I wrote "At AMF we aknowledge that the NUMBERS of profile juniors in South Queensland are not as strong as has been in the past"
Also The Junior Redcliffe City Open was run with 2 divisions both Scratch and Handicap so as to promote all catagories of bowlers.
The Centre to Centre Junior Shootout is not designed to punish any bowlers merely to encourage juniors who do bowl in an AMF centre to participate more on a competitive level to help build a strong Tournament circuit for the future. To benefit ALL bowlers Bowling in South Queensland .
Cheers

dufus, why cant u run a sperate thing for the more experianced level, for instance we havemore of the redcliffe city opens, but at differnt centres. if u have a look at how many higher averaging juniors were at redcliffe, there was heaps, which means that they are all looking for things to bowl in.

thanks luke green

I agree with luke and matty, there is nothin in the sq area for the higher average juniors. Junior Redcliffe city was great, but there needs to be more like this. But u cant just expect AMF to do it all, as matty said, hardly any of the state team bowlers actually bowled at an AMF centre, so what are the non AMF centres doing to improve bowling for the higher averaged juniors in sq?

Hamish

hey guys,

just to help, in nsw there are many major tournaments like the size of the Junior Redcliffe city tournament but have an open and a graded division. the winner of these tournaments gets a prizefund but also recieves a reserved paid entry into the nsw state open. These tournaments are put together by the different bowling center commitees that run local junior events and attract alot of juniors from the three state team areas and the locals. The ranking system is a points system where points are given for first to tenth position in the masters and also in the single, double and team placings, all tournaments roughly run the same format . The nsw tournament scene is awesome and should be adopted into all states

later

why cant amf and non amf centres try and work together? after all we are supposed to be trying to get our juniors more experinced. and if there is nothing for us to bowl in wat are we going to do, not all of us can afford to fly to tournaments every second weekend.

thank you mad tookey for your suggestion if we can run something simmalr to wat they have in nsw, junior bowling in qld we would be so much better for it.

luke green

I agree,
As i did bowl this "centre to centre" shootout thing and you are up aganist little kids with 140 handicaps there is no way you can beat that unless u chuck high 250's every game!! we bowl 4 games so thats like what...560 HANDICAP! thats massive!!

Back
Top Bottom