Greenslopes Grand Prix?

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
What's happening with the Greenslopes GP tournament? I really can't see the point of including a no tap tournament in the GP circuit, but at least AMF are trying something new. What are the entries like, and what does everyone think of the format?
Rob.

<sarcasm on>

I think the series should be handicapped.

<sarcasm off>

whats the point in having a scratch bowlers Grand Prix and having a 9 no tap tournament ?

Enough Said.

Craig, I think that is it AMF at state level in QLD only.

NSW Grand Prix events still get great turnouts with some decent prizemoney. They even increased the payout on the last one as they got a few more entries. Then again who knows how much AMF Aust injects into the QLD circuit to support it?

I dont know why the grand prix scene is down the toilet in QLD, it should be just as good if not better than the NSW circuit as there are usually more bowlers going around up there. Then again maybe paying $170-180 to win back $800 is not much of a great incentive to play (not sure on entry and prizes for Greenslopes). At least making the cut in a NSW Grand Prix gives you double your money back plus $1100 for 1st.

George, let me know if you are bowling the Mr Mac?

well guys with numbers falling at scratch tournaments what did u want them to do ? keep throwing money at the tournaments and getting 20-30 bowlers show up .amf isn't here to cater for the tournament bowler they are here to make money!!

i honestly think that the tournament scene died in qld because of 3 state circuits (wide bay, amf qld and have ball) and a national circuit.

it averaged out to over a tournament every 2 weeks, who can afford that!!!

i don't think no taps are the answer.

and to michael, hows the family going, and the bowling???

the double your money if you cut and substantial 1st place prizemoney, is what has been working for years and bottom cash gets money back, is proven to be good.

there should only be 1 tournament every 4-6 weeks, whether it be marys or amf it doesn't matter.

marys circuit is fantastic for the people that like to bowl a tournament, without trying to make a profit out of bowling, but i notice of late, the odd tournament elite bowler has turned up for some easy money.

and to jeff (bfcc), congrats on the sport condition circuit, i hope it gets the elite backing that it deserves, and yes i know amf are out to make money, gees i buy my spare parts for twice the price their own centres pay, but to ask the elite, to bowl a no-tap is a joke, and the point to my sarcasm was this is a tournament scene, a state level one, that probably attracts national recognition at times, how can a full on circuit get credibility with no taps etc etc, they are NOVELTY GAMES and how can anyone take that seriously.

the only thing i can think of to the reason why they have invented up this contest, is to stop everyone whinging about it being a carrying contest, this way everyone carries
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

WHO SAID YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE

Hi Craig, family is going great. Kai is up and walking about everywhere. He actually knocked over a rather large vase today so we might have to put a leash on him
icon_biggrin.gif

You are right about so many tournaments being on in varying circuits. The Grand Prix circuit down here only consists of 6? tournaments plus a final. There arent any other circuits to bowl in unless you bowl in centres challenges and the like. Makes it a lot easier to afford $340 every month and a half rather than every week or two and back yourself to get back $680 min. I mean last year I cut back on the amount of tournaments I bowled in and still struggled to cope with them mentally.

Jeff I wouldnt expect AMF to keep throwing money at failing tournaments up there seeing the level that the Grand Prix series has gone down to. But you would be suprised at the amounts AMF do inject into tournament bowling in NSW and Nationally. Maybe QLD is missing out or is just being poorly organised. At least with the Sports series and the Have a Ball tournaments bowlers know they dont have to fork out big bucks to win a bit back and they actually enjoy the tournaments.

Well I got my entry today and I can't beleive this is a no tap event. What is this state coming to? If you do the sums you'll also find they are putting up some decent cash as well, paying 1 in 2, with 20th being money back. Why inject all that sponsorship money into a no-tap?

I haven't come on here to bag AMF, but I can see no reason or benefit why they would have in running a no-tap instead of a Scratch event. I guess the chances of jagging 180 league bowler to play are alot greater but I'll be surprised if they get the 40 needed especially at $170 entry.

The format??? 14 games, pinfall carry over (like it matters) and then 8 games on the Sunday (why?). I'll be there to pick up a cheque and have some practise (really how hard can it be) but I can't say I agree with this new logic or direction.

Lucky for us that the next event (Koolfoam) is a scratch event, it may be our last for the rest of the Grand Prix series!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

To everyone who is going to or is thinking of competing, PLEASE ring Sue Fryer at Greenslopes(33976191) and put your name down.Don't wait till the last minute!!! So far they have 14 on the books ( 4 in A squad & 10 in B) with 3wks to go.44 bowlers MAX no more. And to Quote Ge-o" how hard can that be"
HAMO
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom