Tournament - Greenslopes Classic - Sunday 27th April

Graham

Staff member
Download entry form from here :
http://www.amfbowling.com.au/amfpages/entryforms/greenslopesclassic.pdf

2003 Greenslopes Classic

This event is open to Sports Registration Card Holders of TBA & TQI

Welcome to the first event on the All New 2003 AMF Brisbane Region Bowling Circuit - the Greenslopes Classic.
AMF are committed to improving the scratch Tournament Scene in Brisbane. As well as our regular bowlers, we are inviting the many 180-190 average bowlers who bowl League to come along and bowl in these events.
As part of AMF’s commitment to this cause, we will be analysing the house condition several weeks before each event and making changes if deemed necessary, which we hope will make the conditions suitable for tournament play.
We look forward to seeing you on April 27th for the Greenslopes Classic

Format
QUALIFYING
Bowlers bowl 12 games in one appearance. Bowlers change pairs after every 2 games, Even numbered lanes move 2 pairs to the right, odd numbered lanes move 2 pairs to the left
FINAL
Top 3 bowlers will bowl a “Best of 3” Step Ladder final - Pinfall does not carry over.
Game 1 : 3rd vs 2nd - best of 3 games.
Game 2 : Winner of Game 1 plays 1st - best of three games
(Should a bowler win the first 2 games, a third game will not be required)

Tournament conditions
1. This is a scratch event which is open to all bowlers who are TBA or TQI Registered Players. All games will be bowled in accordance with TBA rules and regulations.
2. No bowler is permitted to have more than one entry in this event.
3. Check in and briefing is detailed in the tournament schedule on day one only.
4. Bowlers must wear acceptable attire. Jeans, track suits, collarless T shirts or shorts (men only) are not permitted.
5. Should a tie occur for 3rd after Qualifying, a one game playoff will decide the position.
6. The Tournament Director reserves the right to check any bowler’s equipment at any time. Any equipment found to breach TBA regulations will result in disqualification with no claim on any prize money.
7. Bowlers are not permitted to smoke whilst actually competing in this tournament.
8. Bowlers not checked in by the advertised time will be disqualified and will have no claim on any prize money.
9. Any matters not covered in these conditions will be decided by the Tournament Director whose decision will be final.

Entry Fee: $95 including GST

Tournament Schedule

Sunday 27th April 2003
1.00pm Check In & Briefing
1.30pm All Bowlers Bowl 12 Games
5.30pm Top 3 Announced
5.45pm 3rd vs 2nd - Best of 3 Games
Winner plays 1st - Best of 3 Games
7.00pm Presentations

Prizefund (based on 50 entries)
1st $750
2nd $500
3rd $350
4th $275
5th $250
6th $230
7th $210
8th $195
9th $180
10th $170
11th $160
12th $150
13th $140
14th $130
15th $120
16th $110
17th $100

Call AMF Greenslopes on 3397 6191 to reserve your spot.

For those interested, you should redownload the entry form as some minor changes have been made. (most importantly the update of the rest of the years dates on the back of the entry form)

Cheers
G

This one is only 3 weeks away. If you are thinking of bowling call Greenslopes on 3397 6191 and let them know.

Currently there are 16 names down.

That's right.....if you are thinking of bowling in this event put your name down asap so AMF can tell if this event is a goer. Entry fees have been reduced to attract more bowlers so why not get in and support this move. 50 bowlers is not that hard to get in this state of ours. I'm sure at this price alot of Juniors will show some interest. It is a good opportunity for them to mix it with some of the states best. Take a look at how well Ben Coupland did at the last Sports Series. Well done Ben. Anyway get your entry in NOW!!! :)

As of this morning, this event has 44 ENTRIES !!

Stephen Adams
Kim Munson
Ricky Carlos
David Brown
Carl Munsie
Zane Que
Richard Brown
Mark Vruken
Tony Hamilton
Ken Speare
Peter Cottam
Sean Marjanovic
Cathy Elwell
Lawrie Hill
Chris Grundon
David Powter
Jason Walsh
Cameron Walsh
Barry Walsh
Don Lindsay
Mark Sheehan
Kelly Warren
Mark Enright
Lisa Ireland
Tony Roffey
Brendan Heathwood
Ray Trenham
Graham Trenham
Corey Goldie
Anthony Ambrosio
Allan McKay
Chris Roloden
John Fry
Jason Lambert
Robbie Buckley
Sid Ciancio
Derek Kniffe
Kylie Walker
Todd Martin
Daryl Alford
Duncan Messanger
Shane Jacobs
George Frilingos
Carl Bottomley

Anyone name spelt wrong I apologise. If you havent got your name down yet please call Greenslopes 3397 6191 or contact me via email or Private message and i will do it for you.

Cheers

It is quite possible that Derek will be bowling the South Queensland Zone Championships which are in their second weekend during the 26th and 27th of April, at Chermside Hyperbowl!l!! This explains the low number of junior entries. I know i would be bowling if the Zone championships weren't on.

Cheers

Hey Graham, I don't know who put my name in but it's a little far to travel from Townsville.
Anyway, after Kirwan I can hardly pick up a ball let alone throw one.

Don put you down Jason, so I would speak to him. Ive taken you out but if you want to bowl let me know.

As of this morning, there are 65 ENTRIES. We will be adjusting prize fund accordingly.

Stephen Adams
Kim Munson
Ricky Carlos
David Brown
Carl Munsie
Zane Que
Richard Brown
Mark Vruken
Tony Hamilton
Ken Speare
Peter Cottam
Cathy Elwell
Lawrie Hill
Chris Grundon
David Powter
Jason Walsh
Cameron Walsh
Barry Walsh
Don Lindsay
Mark Sheehan
Kelly Warren
Mark Enright
Lisa Ireland
Tony Roffey
Brendan Heathwood
Ray Trenham
Graham Trenham
Corey Goldie
Anthony Ambrosio
Allan McKay
Chris Roloden
John Fry
Sid Ciancio
Derek Kniffe
Kylie Walker
Todd Martin
Daryl Alford
Duncan Messanger
Shane Jacobs
George Frilingos
Carl Bottomley
Brian Pilkington
Vaughan White
Jayde Flanagan
Brandon Qualischefski
Chris Quail
John Filko
Scott Lutvey
Barry Morgan
Damien Peterson
Melinda Martin
Nathan Stein
Jon King
Albert Mazzoni
Steven Hampson
Andrew Drew
Michael Filko
Lee Matthey
Adam Lack
Emma Rutten
Phil Ramsay
Jim Murray
Scott Sadler

Its great to see the numbers back to what they should be for tournaments in Qld. I'm sad to say I have had to pull out of this one but I can't wait for the rest of the series. Hope to see numbers like this at every stop. Well done to everyone! :D

I think a big congrats goes to AMF employee of the month - Graham Williams :D for organising the event. I can't even remember the last time we had 60+ for a tournament. It goes to show that with a little pre-planning, good format, reasonable entry fee's and fair payout bowlers will support events.

Look forward to seeing everyone there, better bring your flippers, I heard that is a lake there!

GeorgeF said:
I think a big congrats goes to AMF employee of the month - Graham Williams

Hey mate there is no way that I can take all the credit, there are plenty of people out there responsible for getting people interested to bowl, and all Brisbane Centre Managers and staff for promoting it to their bowlers. It's been a team effort and so far it's worked.

See everyone tomorrow at what should be a fantastic tournament ! With the extra numbers im thinking we will probably run about an hour and a 1/2 overtime.

Back
Top Bottom