Senior Grand Prix type Circuit

twenban

After the success of last weekends Senior event I was wondering why don't we start up a Senior type Grand Prix circuit.

My thoughts are $100 for ten games, as it's easy to remember, one squad on a Sunday morning. Maybe four or six a year paying down to tenth with $50 bucks back. Over 45, looking for 25 - 35 entries at each event with some cash or a golden (plated of course) walking stick for the winner of the series.

Anyone have any thoughts to include. Oh nearly forgot, 5 start to women ... I couldn't resist Mary.

Hello Terry,
I think it’s a great idea for you guys to start your own circuit and try and win your walking frames :D !

There is only one problem i see with it and that is, the Adult AMF circuit that runs at the moment struggles for numbers as it is and there is a few of you over 45's that take the wheel chair parking spots out the front on these days. If you guys start your own circuit i would hate to see these parking spaces all of a sudden become available at these tournaments if you get my drift.:p

It’s always a pleasure to assist and bowl with you guys it’s a shame we could loose that chance.

Maybe we could recommend a seniors division in these tournaments.

Terry, you forgot about the 1 pin extra for every year over 50 as well as the 5 pins for being female - Gary Bernardin and John Whillans would love you - 15 pins per game added and I could have 5 for being female + ???? pins over 50 years.............WOW!!!! I could do that !

Flower

Firstly, to Jason us old fellows could probably handle bowling both but I do I accept your concern about numbers. That's one reason why I posted this we will wait until a few oldies have responded to see the reactions.

Now Mary, I gave you five pins but the way you have it calculated it would be way too big a number and I wouldn't want to upset you, I know how sensitive you are.

I am sure a compromise could be arranged. But what do you think of the concept, they wouldn't mind and we could have a hoot.

I'm there. You put up the dates and I'm looking forward to it. I assume I qualify given that I've probably bowled for as long as most the target group your talking to so count me in!

Carl

Carl Bottomley said:
I'm there. You put up the dates and I'm looking forward to it. I assume I qualify given that I've probably bowled for as long as most the target group your talking to so count me in!
Carl

I have to agree with Carl, Seeing as he & I have bowled about the same number of years (and I'm closer to 45 than Carl).....

Back
Top Bottom