Wide Bay Cicuit points shananigins!!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
After reading the 'points to consider' for this years series and after Carl informed me on the weekend, even if I win the last 2 stops I probably still couldn't finish in the top 5 for the year for the POY awards.

Even though my best 6 events would be 5 wins and 1 x 4th placing... The whole series which allows the best 6 results from the series to count towards your pinfall has a 'participation' bonus for bowlers bowling in an event.

The problem I have is that this bonus represents more than half the points of some tournaments which I think is miles too high, not to mention participation points do not get dropped.

If you want something for participation you can get a McDonalds voucher like all the other kiddies who participate, not win a series by default, especially a series in which the eventual winner would not have won an event.

The whole reason you get to put your best 6 results forward is that through circumstance or family reasons you are not able to attend one of the stops you can still bowl in most of the events and put forward your best 6.

Obviously Carl and Pilko are playing within the rules set down but its clear shananigans by the rule maker. Numbers for the Wide Bay circuit are dwindling, I'm guessing this is one of many reasons why....

PS. To Carl and Pilko, I'll ensure your 100% participation certificates from McDonalds are available on the Sunshine Coast for you to use.

Bugger the certificate, I want the animal crackers. Oh and the bonus money that comes with supporting ALL the events!

George, everyone knew this before the tour began. Take it up with Jase and the rest who set the rules this year. As for paticipation points, I'm only using mine to beat Shayne.

Stuart

P.S. I only replied because of my love for the word shananigins.
Pilkos and Bottomleys - See you at Maccas again next month. :D

After reading the 'points to consider' for this years series and after Carl informed me on the weekend, even if I win the last 2 stops I probably still couldn't finish in the top 5 for the year for the POY awards.

George

Based on Best 4 appearances and appearance points you are current in 5th place. So if you attend the last 2 stops it will pretty much ensure that you will be in the top 5.

If you were to win one or both of the last two stops you may even get higher as the winner gets 5 points bonus for winning.

But Carl has looks to have the ciruit won for this year.

As for the rules......any ideas about whats happening next year???

How about dropping appearance points, but have a set points system instead of how many entrys an event gets.

I don't beleive dropping two results is fair. If we get rid of the appearance points, we should not drop any points either. This would be fair reward for suporting every event.

Set the points at something like 100 for first, 90 2nd, 85 3rd, 82 4th, 81 5th and so on down.

Also I think the ladies should be able to score the points on where they finish in the whole event not just against the ather girls. It makes it almost impossible for them to place if they miss one event. Also I see some girls will bowl really well and get 9 points and another will be 500 pins behind and get 6 points. How is that fair.

I have had some time to burn today and think I know why George wants to drop the bonus points.

This is what I worked out it would look like

No bonus droping 2 worst
1 Frilingos, George 259
2 Bottomley, Carl 239
3 Meads, Brendan 235
4 Pilkington, Brian 234
5 Qualischefski, Brandon 211
6 Alford, Darryl 195
7 Hill, Lawrie 180
8 Drew, Andrew 179
9 Green, Luke 180
10 Crowley, Stuart 176
11 Quaill, Chris 172
12 Christopher, Andrew 169
13 Looby, Brian 168
14 Melton, Shayne 168
15 Schloss, Jason 135

I also worked out what the points would be on what I said ( Ihave had alot of time today to do nothing)

On a set points system
1 Bottomley, Carl 505
2 Qualischefski, Brandon 490
3 Meads, Brendan 484
4 Pilkington, Brian 472
5 Quaill, Chris 404
6 Crowley, Stuart 404
7 Christopher, Andrew 395
8 Melton, Shayne 392
9 Looby, Brian 390
10 Frilingos, George 381
11 Alford, Darryl 378
12 Green, Luke 359
13 Hill, Lawrie 357
14 Drew, Andrew 356
15 Stein, Nathan 340

In my personal opinion, this is a better indication of this years results. there is reward for suporting the tour and also reward for good results.

I do believe there should be an encouragement for participation but to award 25 points per stop (where sometimes first place is around 45) is crazy. I mistakingly thought that winning tournaments and being consistent from tournament to tournament earn you a series win, not participating in every event.

Some people including myself have legitimate reasons on why we couldn't bowl all the stops, hence the 'put your top 6' results forward option during the series. My best 6 results could result in 5 wins and I can't break the top 5? your kidding me.........

and yes Shane we already knew you had too much time on your hands and that your wife is a much more consistent bowler than you.

25 points I too think is a bit over the top.

My quick answer is this.

Based on say 50 entries
1st gets 50 plus bonus 15 for winning
2nd gets 49 plus bonus 10
3rd gets 48 plus bonus 5
4th on wards get place points only ie 4th 47 5th 46 and so on

Instead of 25 points how about 10 points. Wont hurt you as much if you only miss 1 or 2 events.

Set the points at something like 100 for first, 90 2nd, 85 3rd, 82 4th, 81 5th and so on down.

This is more or less what they were doing when I used to bowl. I always believed it encouraged more bowlers to bowl the smaller events because you can come 30th and get 60 to 70 points. Sure, it's harder to finish higher up in the Maryborough and Caboolture stops for someone like me, due to the number of bowlers, and being rewarded for beating 50 bowlers rather than 30 is a fair point; but with the current format the winner at Gladstone or Kingaroy can get 40 points, then possibly drop the event after finishing top ten in the other events. I think if you win, you should get 100 points. If it was a thin field then that's your good luck for being there.

To be honest I didn't like the format when I saw it at the start of the year. I knew it wouldn't matter to me as I'll be lucky to make top 10. I thought it would encourage more bowlers, maybe it has the opposite effect - miss one, might as well miss another, etc.

Shayne, do some god damn work you bum. If you're going to tool around, at least copy those discs for me.

Georgio, Farnham, Frilington:D

Forget about this year – go and sip on a XXXX Gold because: “RULES IS RULES MACCA”:beerchug:

Yes, there probably is a better way however the conditions for this year’s series were published before the first event at Bundaberg even kicked off. I paid my joining fee at Bundy and knew exactly what I was getting myself in for. Did you pay your joining fee? Did you not read the conditions?

Maybe you should forward your proposal for the 2009 points system to the organizers of the TotalBowling series!

Qualla

George stop complaining and retire, wait you already are.
There will be a wide bay next year. The bowlers are paying for the payout with $5 from every bowler going to the payout at the end of the series.
Its dumb comments like yours George that kill tournments all because you might not get a few extra dollars in your pocket, wake up to yourself.

Your kidding Mark, I bowl more tournaments than anyone else in Australia. I hardly think my comments 'kill' tournaments, its bowling centre proprietors who don't promote tournaments or the sport enough that kill tournaments as well as bowlers who couldn't be bothered having a crack. Tournaments and tournament series don't happen by themselves, they need organisation and structure, who is going to do that next year? you? maybe not....

I would love to see the series continue but I'm a realist, if something is on, I'll bowl and support it but I don't see the level of support that we once saw at the start of the year where Kelly played a more proactive role in the series. It's a not a negative comment and if you think my comments influence bowlers that much your dreaming. I hope someone does take on the series and promotes it correctly but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My retirement is on hold, I will continue to bowl as much as possible between now and the end of the year, to which shouldn't really matter to you anyway as you don't bowl anything. Expect to see me on the winners dais real soon....

Your kidding Mark, I bowl more tournaments than anyone else in Australia. I hardly think my comments 'kill' tournaments, its bowling centre proprietors who don't promote tournaments or the sport enough that kill tournaments

Couldnt agree with you more George I know of one stop that myself and a fair few others wont be making next year

George stop complaining and retire, wait you already are.
There will be a wide bay next year. The bowlers are paying for the payout with $5 from every bowler going to the payout at the end of the series.
Its dumb comments like yours George that kill tournments all because you might not get a few extra dollars in your pocket, wake up to yourself.

LOL at you mark !!!!!!!!!! George F does not kill tournments. But I do know one stop that I have given my self a RED CARD from next year and it has nothing to do with george. Think before you speak It helps some times.

To the both of you dont come some respect for the center will be good for once.
If kicking ball returns and swearing is what you want from a tournment then dont come here.
All because you could not find the carry well thats your own bowling fix it and move on.

Couldnt agree with you more George I know of one stop that myself and a fair few others wont be making next year

Scott

Does this mean you will be making more appearances next year than this year ;)

1st year at maryborough i got a yellow card from John Lawton, this year i went back and knew they were serious. I praise them as they have juniors who come out and watch. Not many other centres encourage their juniors to come watch the big boys play. Juniors is also whats needed to keep our sport moving

Back
Top Bottom