Wide Bay Cicuit points shananigins!!

I am all for giving cards but as long as they are fair across the board. Not just to people that are not in the crew up there. Just to let you know i never got a card or a warning or any thing , It is just from what i saw was not fair. But this has othing to do with this thread so it stops now.

The old ATBA of Victoria points system is the fairest ive seen. The super 6 circuit used it for a few yrs back too but dunno why they changed it

There will be a wide bay next year. The bowlers are paying for the payout with $5 from every bowler going to the payout at the end of the series.
Its dumb comments like yours George that kill tournments all because you might not get a few extra dollars in your pocket, wake up to yourself.

Mark…perhaps you should do the sums before assuming…

Where is/was the other $3879.00 coming from?????? Maryborough Bowl???

• Rum City Classic – 71 Entries @ $5 each = $355.00
  • Kingaroy Cup – 50 Entries @ $5 each = $250.00
  • Maryborough Open – 72 Entries @ $5 each = $360.00
  • Gladstone Harbor City Classic – 41 Entries @ $5 each = $205.00
  • Caboolture Open – 59 Entries @ $5 each = $295.00
  • Gympie Grand Slam – 37 Entries @ $5 each = $185.00
  • Charlie Greyson Open approx 50 Entries @$5 each = $250.00
  • Tweed Doubles Approx 50 Entries @$5 each = $250.00

Total is $2150.00 (Also who has this money as we speak I know Total Bowling doesn’t)

Jase, just looking at the sticky that is in the top of this forum, the prize fund does not say either guaranteed or based on x amount of bowlers. Were the organizers expecting higher participation this year? I also assumed the joining fee would go to end of year. Has every bowler paid it? If it does go to end of year, that still leaves the payout way short anyway. Where was the money coming from?

I think George is mostly right, it is a shame to see it dwindling like this. What is it that bowlers want? I thought the balance of cost/games etc was quite good. You get two appearences at qualifiying. If you bowl well you get matchplay against some very talented, well seasoned bowlers. Do we want higher scores, tougher shots, different formats, multiple re-entries, or just to kick the crap out of ball returns? Does the travel factor kill it? Would the holy grail of decent sponsorship help?

Adrian, could you post the points system you mentioned so we can all see it?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

No Mate TotalBowling (MY POCKET) was making up the Difference…The short fall we expected to be about $3000.00 + expenses…Your right in saying it wasn’t guaranteed but I will stand by what I said I would do, and that is Pay as close to if not all of that advertised prize fund…Both Men and Woman…What I will need if for Andrew or someone to make sure that Memberships are collected…Maybe PM me if you have paid already…

As for the joining fee yes that too was going towards it also, problem is no one can tell me who has and hasn’t paid because some centres didn’t want to do it the way it was supposed to be…Some centres have insisted they collect the membership, some decided that It wasn’t that important to worry about so long as the tournament ran…

So the answer to Mark is NO the Bowlers weren’t paying the end of year payout… I WAS

As for the bonus points it was discussed last year to TRY IT this year and reward those who travelled to ALL events…George may or may not be right in what he is saying, but who cares as he was retired at the end of Tweed Last year...This is the rules for this year and if you change them for next year, then some may or may not like them either…You won’t always please everyone…

I agree with rewarding those who make it to all events otherwise Numbers at Gympie and Gladstone would be worse than they are…

V8 Super cars series winner the other year was a bloke who never won a race but was like Shayne has pointed out the most consistent person all year…

Hope that helps

I never said that total bowling was not putting money up, I said the bowlers were putting money in. You know where this money.
This is the wide bay you started, no one knows or has heard from you so how are we to know if total bowling was going to keep the prize fund as it was.
You say you will so congrats to total bowling.
I am trying to help for next year and andrew said he will do scores and take membership for tournments.
Shayne has said he will try and put a aircon up for a raffel for all the bowlers that bowl all eight events and I am working on more prizes to give away.
i have also ask for a bowling ball for the first 300 at every stop so there is something there for everyone.
As for the points the more people put there ideas on here the better idea we will have to what everyone wants.
I hope to have the support of total bowling for next year but that will be up to you.
You started this and we are greatful you did lets not try and kill the wide bay lets all help to fix it.

Series will happen, but it need more that just one person to run it.

Someone need's to take ownership of it and run with it.

As far as i know this was how the ATBA points worked

1st-100
2nd-90
3rd-85
4th-80
5th-75
6th-72
7th-69
8th-66
9th-64
10th-62
11th-60
12th-58
13th-56
14th-54
15th-52
16th-50
17th-48
18th-46
19th-44
20th-42
21st-40
22nd-38
23rd-37
from 23rd down points go down by one per position, its not as top heavy as the TBA ranking points which reward wins more than consistently finishing around 10th-15th every tournament

Chowny thats what I am trying to do now its not just me that is on board.
But if there is anyone that would like to support the wide bay now is the time to help for the rest of this year and to make sure next year is bigger and better.
Where are all the bowlers that started the year.
We need you guys to bowl and in return we will try to find more cash and prizes.

As far as i know this was how the ATBA points worked
1st-100
...blah blah blah...
23rd-37
from 23rd down points go down by one per position, its not as top heavy as the TBA ranking points which reward wins more than consistently finishing around 10th-15th every tournament
Yeah, that's pretty much how the Wide Bay Grand Prix was scored 10-15 years ago.

Jase, thanks for letting us all know. Bowlers need to know these things so that the circuit can be improved again.

The numbers are looking good for Sunshine Coast. Why do people not want to bowl Gympie? Is it lane conditions, country town or what.
I'm a big whinger over lane conditions but the old cliche, it's the same for everyone, is true.

I see a few people posting in this thread who either don't bowl the events, or have bowled just one, usually the closest to them. What's stopping you guys from travelling and bowling, you are obviously interested enough if you are posting ideas to improve and the like?

Stuart

Maybe because it was soooooooo cold. Scraping ice of the windows of the car at 7 in the moning on a Sunday sux. This is Queensland we don't do ice and cold

Oh and Stu go do some work

Hopefully more spare $ in my pocket soon and i can fit in at least Bundy, Kingaroy and Sunshine Coast as well as Caboolture next yr, hopefully more

What's stopping you guys from travelling and bowling

Fuel prices and bad shoulders.

Just let every one know Animal's proshop has just given notice they will be putting up a top of the range hammer bowling ball for the first 300 at every stop for the wide bay next year.
I am still trying to get more prizes for the end of the year for anyone that makes the whole 8 stops.
A huge thank you to animal and I hope everyone gives just as much support as animal has.

What's stopping you guys from travelling and bowling
Fuel prices and bad shoulders.

Yeah, the fuel prices are hurting me too. To me it means I have to finish an extra place higher to cover costs - if I cash.

Maybe we need a fuel station to sponsor the event and give vouchers to those that do all 8 stops. Should those that do 7 of 8 stops be rewarded? As George said, there are many genuine reasons for not making one.

Peter, bowling's a tough sport with sore shoulders, can't suggest anything there.

Hooligan, I'm considered dropping a couple of pounds in weight, but it's more the action rather than the ball. It's when I reach the peak of my follow through when it becomes quite painful. I'm wondering if the 2 handed method might make a difference. I've been in the sport on and off for 38 years. I haven't bowled in a couple of years and I miss it terribly.

Back
Top Bottom