Whos done the biggest hop onto the lane?

M

Mantis

Hi folks
Got a new ball this week and had it drilled. All good so far eh. Took the kids with me to try out the new aggot with chest puffed out and looking good yo.
Lined up with new ball thinking, this thumb hole is a bit tight. Lined up and let it rip, only to have the ball stay firmly stuck to my hand. Well, we all know that the only option here is to hop onto the lane, with the non sliding foot, or else snap something important somewhere. Fair dinkum, I ended up a good metre and a bit down the lane standing on my right foot, with my left leg swinging in the breeze with ball still firmly stuck to my mit. Thank goodness that the lanes had not been oiled since, hmmmm, thats another story. Anyway, my foot stuck like glue and I just turned and walked back with my children laughing there silly little heads off :confused:

Got the thumb hole fixed up and havent been near the foul line since ;)

MANTIS

lol funny, that must of been embassment, one of my friends did it done it months back just after the lanes had been oiled, and he's body mark was left on the lane, with the oil all over him, that was a funny day

i remember a guy at garden city one time, just got a cuda c 2000 drilled (fantastic ball but none of that). he had rolled it a couple of times with the driller out on the carpet before going down on the lane to try it at proper speed. all of a sudden it gets stuck on his thumb and almost hits the roof. i swear this ball went about 10 foot in the air. it was really funny.
well i gtg now.

Phillip

Years ago, I showed up at bowling a bit late, raced to get my ball out, find my wrist brace, put it together..... got up to bowl, step step step SPLAT. Remembering to change your shoes tends to help :confused:

when i was a junior, i bowled with a new ball on lane one at cannon hill, it was a bit tight i went to bowl and went with the ball got the arrows the rolled of the lane into the gutter. Very painful.

One time at fairlanes city bowl, I saw a social bowler throw the ball, no word of a lie, from the cafe all the way down the lane a shoot a perfect pocket ball, then his mate went face first on to the lane and slid nearly all the way down to the pins.

Errrr. I am sure everyone who was bowling in Perth Cup can back me up on this one..
It was the second last game of the 1st day of qualifying, I had a turkey and was about to get a 4 bagger when i stuck on a piece of rubber off a shoe and went halfway down the lane... I laid there for a second... then i bursted out laughing, but everyone thought i was crying.
Biggest embassament in my life! but it was hell funny!!!

i remember i used a 12 pound plastic ball once in a prebowl at chermside hyperbowl about 4 years ago it stuck to my thumb thumb and i ended up halfway down the lane the ball went into the air hit the roof and some of the roof collapsed on 11 and 12 the ball made a very loud bang and unbelieveably a big dint appeared on the lane as i bowled the next ball and it went down the lane then went down a bit then came back up overall its not funny when your the person stuck to the bowling ball and going halfway down the lane in the end i got into trouble from some of the staff at chermside for people watching its funny when your the person stuck to it nah

Well one time i was having training to go to Rocky and i bowled and i slide then stuck on something on the lane and ended up on my butt on the lane, the worst thing was i was wearing a skirt!! I had a sore back after that and i bet Mick Muckert can remember that one because he couldn't stop laughing at me!!

sorry Rach but i have to do it!... well at state team training on the weekend miss wingett fell onto the lane yet again... on her first ball gosh that brang back memorys from roll-offs lol

There has been some extremely top notch sentence structuring in this thread.

well this one time, i was having a hack on my house lanes and i lofted the ball over the capping. and didnt lob it right and landed in the gutter and left a ding. the size of a bowling ball.

Back
Top Bottom