Who would be interested

Would you attend meeting to discuss concerns about current Rachuig situation.

• Yes, I would attend a meeting

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No, I would not attend a meeting

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHIN

Just thought might be interesting if we could find out who would be interested in attending a meeting between bowlers and TBA(SA) if it could be arranged to discuss concerns/issues people have about Rachuig.

I am there - as long as there is reasonable warning. Like at least 1 or 2 weeks.

I would attent if the meeting was constructive and not a ***** at Tenpin SA. Who would moderate the meeting? Perhaps Brenton Davy?

Bmann

I expected that that from you Manning.

I tell you what how we get Baylis.

Any objection to that ?

I appreciate the thought Brent, but I doubt that certain persons would object to my doing so, due to the opinions I have expressed previously. Would probably not be considered impartial.

The fact that I would be impartial.......

Well lets just say that there are those that are cynical enough to say that I would only push my agenda. But given that it no longer concerns me on a personal level, I would entertain all discussion as long as it is rational, well thought out and not some of the cynoical sniping that has pervaded this discussion for too long.

There, I have put my hat in the ring.

Makes me sound like Wayne Chester................

I appreciate the thought Brent, but I doubt that certain persons would object to my doing so, due to the opinions I have expressed previously. Would probably not be considered impartial.
The fact that I would be impartial.......
Well lets just say that there are those that are cynical enough to say that I would only push my agenda. But given that it no longer concerns me on a personal level, I would entertain all discussion as long as it is rational, well thought out and not some of the cynoical sniping that has pervaded this discussion for too long.
There, I have put my hat in the ring.
Makes me sound like Wayne Chester................

Meant to say I don't doubt

Like you said Brenton, with the views of a lot of people over the last week. I dont think its a good idea for any of them to run a meeting. Someone totally neutral would be ideal.
17 out of 21 people saying they would be interested in some form of meeting to discuss the matter.
Like Bmann said, no point in having a meeting unless everybody is going to sit down and try to work something out by discussing the matter rationally and not waste everybodys time ranting & raving.

The ball is in TBA(SA)'s court now. Its obvious there are bowlers out there that arent happy with the direction Rachuig has been heading over the last 5 years & want some changes. Are TBA(SA) going to listen or is it going to fall on deaf ears again.

Are the 4 people that said they would not attend possibly TBA(SA) committee, Managers or Coaches. If that is the case we are wasting our time if they are unwilling to even sit down & talk.

A couple of interstate people have suggested the bowlers sit down face to face with TBA(SA) and discuss the problems. Its obvious a lot of bowlers are willing to do that but the continual silence from TBA(SA) suggests they are not. Prove us wrong.

Can I make a minor suggestion about organising a meeting?
You can’t have a meeting without having an agenda. Otherwise it would have no focus, things would get off-track, and it would probably just waste everyone’s time.
So, someone needs to do some groundwork - work out what it is that people are not happy about, and collate that information into a presentable format. Then request a meeting/open forum with TBA of SA with a set agenda listing.
Perhaps this is what TBA is waiting for, after all, it’s the bowling community that wants changes …
Oh, and did I mention that the groundwork part is very time consuming?
I don't normally post, but I thought that this might help people with a direction, instead of things just going round and round in circles. Hope it is of some help.
Cheers, Anthea

Anthea has a good point and a good idea. This would also need to be someone who is non-bias to collect the points from both sides of the fence or would there need to be two agendas?

bmann

Chin posted..
The ball is in TBA(SA)'s court now. Its obvious there are bowlers out there that arent happy with the direction Rachuig has been heading over the last 5 years & want some changes. Are TBA(SA) going to listen or is it going to fall on deaf ears again

Has anybody actually approached TBA S.A. or LYN personally and asked if a meeting could be organised????...or are we just hoping that the world reads TTB and responds on this site(no disrespect meant)

Cheers

Paul K.

Paul,

I think we know that TBA have read the post otherwise why would someone be called in front of the jury for posting (they would have had evidence, surely). Also I assume that they have a copy of the posts from such meeting. And I have been on many times when Lyn has been reading the posts and physically had seen she has been in there.

I will PM here now and ask Lyn is she can organise a meeting to sort this out.

cheers

Tony

You can’t have a meeting without having an agenda. Otherwise it would have no focus, things would get off-track, and it would probably just waste everyone’s time.
So, someone needs to do some groundwork - work out what it is that people are not happy about, and collate that information into a presentable format. Then request a meeting/open forum with TBA of SA with a set agenda listing.
Perhaps this is what TBA is waiting for, after all, it’s the bowling community that wants changes …
Oh, and did I mention that the groundwork part is very time consuming?
I don't normally post, but I thought that this might help people with a direction, instead of things just going round and round in circles. Hope it is of some help.
Cheers, Anthea

Yes,

a couple have thought about that & are waiting for some form of response that there is some interest to discuss things. We arent going to waste our time trying to organise a meeting and do all the groud work if TBA(SA) arent even going to entertain the idea once we approach them with it.

A response from them is all that is required.

This may not be the best place to force or ask them for a meeting but speaking personally to them over the past few years, nothing has changed.
I have spoken to most of the management team the last couple years 1 on 1 (unoffically) about various problems that need (in my opinion) to be addressed.
Obviously 1 persons opinion is not enough to have something changed. Currently there are 22 people saying they would attend a meeting. So obviously there are at least 22 people out there that feel there needs to be some form of change.
How many people rolled off last years trials, less than 30.

Whoops, this came out wrong! Or could be misread! It should read:
Can I make a minor suggestion about the procedures involved in the organisation of meetings?​
No use rushing off to organise a meeting if you haven't worked out what you are actually complaining about. And if all the groundwork has been done, then perhaps there may also be some solutions ready as well that could also be presented at that meeting.
I haven't seen anyone ask for any ideas/solutions yet, so I doubt asking for a meeting at this stage would be of any use!

Anthea

PS Sorry Chinner, just missed your post before this reply. But if you are looking at holding a meeting, then TBA should be formally approached. But perhaps you could use this medium to ask people for constructive ideas on improvement. Just my humble opinion! :)

TBA(SA) didnt seem to have a problem calling a meeting to deal with Danielle when she voiced her opinion on this site. And as some people have pointed out, that was only 1 person complaining.

It must be easier to have 5 TBA reps & Rachuig captains vs 1 bowler +1 at a meeting (little more intimidating when you out number the opposition inst it) than being overun by 20-30 people looking for answers.

Whoops, this came out wrong! Or could be misread! It should read:
Can I make a minor suggestion about the procedures involved in the organisation of meetings?​
No use rushing off to organise a meeting if you haven't worked out what you are actually complaining about. And if all the groundwork has been done, then perhaps there may also be some solutions ready as well that could also be presented at that meeting.
I haven't seen anyone ask for any ideas/solutions yet, so I doubt asking for a meeting at this stage would be of any use!
Anthea
PS Sorry Chinner, just missed your post before this reply. But if you are looking at holding a meeting, then TBA should be formally approached. But perhaps you could use this medium to ask people for constructive ideas on improvement. Just my humble opinion! :)

Have been speaking to a lot of bowlers over the last couple years, so we know why people arent bowling Rachuig & what the problems are. Putting solutions on this site isnt going to help much if TBA(SA) arent willing to make the changes.

This is why people want the meeting, to see if common sense can prevail & some changes can happen in the future so S.A. can become a force again in Rachuig not just there to make up the numbers as we have been for the last few years.

Yes, there that phrase again "the old days", get used to it, check the records , the statistics speak for itself, build a bridge, suck it up & get used to it. As some "new era" bowlers have said you cant change the past, and your right, you cant change the facts that the results of the past are far more impressive than the last 4-5 years.

P.S. Last phrase not aimed at you Anthea.

If Tenpin SA would prefer not to have an open meeting for fear of it becoming a "free for all" :giljotiini:
how about arrangements be made for a new thread be started for each interested person to post reasonable requests / suggestions that can be answered by Tenpin SA within, say 3 weeks.
If a meeting were to eventuate, I would attend.

Rachuig should be something to aspire to - not avoid! here's to getting back there.:)

I have personal message Lyn, requesting a special meeting for all to attend.
If she doesn't respond I will be very disappointed.

I don't think any more threads need to be started, I have posted my thoughts on a earlier post what I would like to see looked at, every one else can do the same, but really bring your list to the meeting ,that's the best thing.

I don't think we need any other moderator, I'm sure Lyn can handle chairing a meeting, otherwise no point her being there.

Cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom