state titles 2007

strop

Elite Athlete
Just looking at the calendar for next year and interesting to see the clash between the adult state titles and the senior roll off's.

Be curious to see the rules if any in reference to the seniors trying out for both teams whether they have to bowl state titles if any senior wants to bowl rachuig.?

Probably wont affect the new people trying out for rachuig but say for instance tony cottrell bowl last (2006) rachuig and if he wants to try out for 2007 rachuig , does he have to bowl adult state titles at the same time he might also want to bowl the seniors roll off's.

Are they going to allow this as a special case......

or are they trying to make it so they cant bowl both?

cheers

Tony

since there has been incidents between tba sa and the atbso sa, i would assume its been done on purpose so people cant bowl both, which is pretty silly think as i know alotta older men and women can mix it with the youngens still.

just my 1c's worth.
cheers
martina

My two cents worth is this:

Tenpin SA put their calendar together and provided ATBSO SA with a draft copy some months ago. At that time ATBSO indicated it had not finalised their calendar (and wouldn't do so until after the National AGM in Hobart) and therefore Tenpin SA made it clear to ATBSO SA the intention to use the March Long weekend as the Adult State Champs weekend, ATBSO SA did not indicate at any time they intended to use that same weekend as their roll off date.

Tenpin SA is about promoting and developing the sport of Tenpins, and therefore has made no intentional or deliberate date selections to purpoesly clash with other events. And as pointed out above, Tenpin SA have attempted to try to work with other groups.

The March long weekend this year was used for the De Veer and Rachuig Trials, and traditionally the June long weekend has been used for the ATBSO team trials.

:confused: What would have occurred (hypothetically) had Tenpin SA decided to continue to run their De Veer / Rachuig team trials on the March long weekend??

And for the record, there is no animosity between Tenpin SA and ATBSO SA from my point of view.

Regards
Jo Babic
Tenpin SA
State Manager

Well that insight gave me no answers.
So I will assume that this will then be the case, and the dates are now set or were they only tentative.?
Even if some-one like me wanted to bowl rachuig this year I wouldn't have to bowl this years state titles anyway, but was concerned for others.

Even that state titles these days are just a chore for some, perhaps it's about time that TBALSA look at relaxing some of the requirement rules to be eligible to bowl rachuig due to the amount of required event to bowl.

It didn't make a ounce of difference this year, so if you want to attract the right sort of bowlers you people need to realise that there is life outside of bowling which I'm sure you will soon understand Jo.

I think it is a shame that tournament calendars can't be decided on all together, and that goes for the seniors as well !!!

Cheers

Tony

I may well stand corrected, but from memory the ATBSO roll-offs was changed from the traditional June long weekend to March 07 at the July 06 AGM.
This change originated from the committee to allow more time for arrangements to be put in place and had nothing to do with the National AGM in Hobart.
De Veer and Rachuig is one thing, but what about the new TBA Seniors in Melbourne next year.
There may well be some ATBSO members who would want to do both.
Is it a requirement to bowl in the State Championships to try out for the TBA Seniors?

I think it's still a requirement Tony to bowl State Titles to bowl Rachuig. Thats why they have moved State titles before Rachuig roll-offs. So that if you dont bowl State Titles your not allowed to bowl Rachuig Trials the same year.

Maybe so Roby, but I might decide to bowl rachuig till just before the trials.
They would be pretty stupid to do that. I didn't hear that rule change, and how can they do that anyway, are they going to put the rachuig entry form out before the state title's ??

Your a funny man ........

cheers

tony

My family are waiting to see where the State Titles are being held this year and squad times to see if we can fit in both. Hopefully being able to bowl Opening Squad on Friday night (teams) and then singles and doubles after Senior qualifying finishes each day. Can't see any way of being able to bowl Restricted Cup to defend my title unless I give up my chances of ATBSO seniors rolloffs.

At the moment can see this as the only possible way we can at least try out for both (in our case ATBSO seniors and DeVeer). Will make for an extremely tiring and frustrating long weekend.

Really not a good position to be in and have let both ATBSO & Tenpin SA of our feelings on this.

May end up deciding to not bowl anything and have a holiday for 1 month instead (will probably be cheaper anyway).

Back
Top Bottom