Who owns who?

From the recent flame wars that have erupted I have deduced that Track are owned by Columbia, and Hammer are owned by Ebonite. Are there any other "brands" that are in fact sub-entities of a larger brand name?

Are Columbia and Ebonite some kind of "super-brand"? Bowling's "big-daddy's" perhaps?

Columbia owns Track and Circle and the ball section of AMF

Storm own Roto-Grip and I think Dyno-Thane still

Brunswick pour the covers for MoRich and Lane#1

androooo said:
Storm own Roto-Grip and I think Dyno-Thane still
Dats affirmative drooo

Elite are also poured by Brunswick, and they use old styled cores from old Brunswick balls.

Dynothane is a privately owned company by Phil Cardinale, formerly of Track. Storm manufactures Dynothane balls under contract, using Dynothane cores and coverstocks. Storm does NOT own Dynothane and Dynothane has full research and development as well as component independence from Storm. Dynothane merely utilises Storms manufacturing plant.

Brunswick - Independant
Visionary - Owned By the Previous Owners Of Faball
Ebonite - Independant..Owns Hammer
Hammer- Owned By Ebonite
Storm - Though they own both Dynothane and Roto Grip, many rumours that they are being bought my Columbia 300
Dynothane - Owned My Storm
Roto-Grip - Owned By Storm
Insite - Independant, Howevertheir balls are made by brunswick and had one made by Visionary
Lane 1 - Independant. Coverstock made by Brunswick cough cough twice the price
Track - Owned By Columbia 300
Lane Masters - Independent
Columbia - Owns bloody everything
Morich - Independent . Brunwick makestheir coverstocks
Azo - Independent. Their ideas....but Brunswick makes them
AMF - Owned By AMF..And funnily enough..besides the TNT Triumph...are bringing out the best balls in years now
Circe Athletics - Owned By Storm
Revolution - Independent
Elite - sorry cant put this one nicely......Recycled Brunswick designs ownedby tha PBA and the most pathetic money making scheme ever.

I hope I'm as accurate as i am

haha im sure tonx will fix my errors

um this is from the dynothane site

Since Dyno-thane was purchased in April 2002 from Storm Bowling

Thanks Shannon, and yes, im going to tell you that AMF300 is owned by C300 :D

Storm came out about 2 months ago, and said the rumours of being brought out by c300 were just that, rumours :D

Oh for gods sake....dont i read things before i post...hahah silly me

Columbia Industries currently have the following brands under its wide and diverse umbrella

* Columbia 300
* Track
* AMF 300
* Circle Athletic
* Pro Grip

Columbia also have made cores and covers for various other ball companies over the past several years. Columbia was started in 1960 when it successfully utilized polyester resin for manufacturing.

For more information on their history check out

http://columbia300.com/corporate/default.cfm?p=history

Here is some interesting trivia for you, Columbia made Brunswick cores for the Inferno line up until the Absolute Inferno last year.

Hope this helps!

Revolution - Was for a long time an independent Asian company that later became (and still might be) an Asian marketing arm of Brunswick. Nearly all of their balls have been Brunswick Zone cores and covers, often released prior to Brunswick releasing them with Zone labels. As an example they released the ECX Rebel in about 1999, with the same core and cover as the Strike Zone released in 2004. When independent its equipment was made under license by Brunswick and that continued later when it became a marketing arm of Brunswick.

This label has been fairly quiet of late, only manufacturing limited releases on demand from Asian markets.

Lane 1 - Independant. Coverstock made by Brunswick cough cough twice the price

I don't mind the odd snide remark from a bowler who has earnt the right to do so, but i hate it when an idiot has to open his mouth and prove to everyone how big of an idiot he really is!
oops hang on maybe he can open his mouth because i forgot he is one of the blokes that has paid twice the price for them.
Hey by the way mate, has the hefty price got anything to do with why you never ever came and picked up or payed for the last one you ordered. Or was that whole ordeal about the same time as you blew your so called visionary sponsorship?

No need for little unwaranted niggles Shannon, especially when the price of Lane #1 balls are in the process of making a substantial price decrease within Australia. :cool:

oh come on ronnie....cant we kiss and make up!!!!

actually i didnt get that last ball off you...cos you never told me it came in.

good to hear that the prices are coming down. But i thought you were getting out of the ball business mate?

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom