Australia's own Battle of the Brands

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
With a little too much time on my hands today I thought I'd do up an Aussie version of the battle of the brands. These are based on National ranked events only, will need some help completing the Seniors and Youth. Here are the Adult Guys

For a win, 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point.

Mens

Australian Open:

Trots Storm -3
Dion Storm -2
George Storm -1

Arafura Classic:

George Storm - 3
Rob Storm - 2
Trots Storm - 1

K&K Classic:

Belmo Storm -3
George Storm - 2
Carl Columbia/Ebonite -1

Melbourne Cup

Carl Columbia/Ebonite -3
Adrian Ang Brunswick - 2
Jason Walsh Hammer/Ebonite - 1

Mackay Open

George Storm -3
Jon King Storm/Roto -2
Robby Buckley Storm - 1

With 35ft in Sydney coming up, Storm again will be at the forefront with team that they have.

So far

Storm / Roto 23
Ebonite Family 5
Brunswick 2

Storm are cheap for a reason. They are garbage.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion

Not sure if you'd convince the following though

Norm Duke
Pete Weber
Rhino Page
Jason Belmonte
Ryan Shafer
and half of the PBA who have a choice and still use Storm

Storm also dominates in Australia in most events.... co-incidence? I dont think so....

They are some great names to convince. Cant say i like Storm but cant say dont hate them either. Just recently got a Storm Natural (urethane) and damn when the conditions break down im very impressed. Columbia for me though.

Deano

correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't there only been ONE tournament this year where it hasn't been ditched up or the pattern hasn't favoured the left ....

have a look at the top 3 for that tournament...

yes George you have too much time on your hands. I bet you this - you put any brands into people who won the tournaments you have listed and I think the result would be them same.

Same with PBA bowlers you have listed. The cream will rise no matter which brand. :):):):)

Anyway nice way to promote the brand that sponsors you.....

correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't there only been ONE tournament this year where it hasn't been ditched up or the pattern hasn't favoured the left ....

have a look at the top 3 for that tournament...

Yes your wrong....What are you trying to say? Storm bowling balls only work well when the pattern is easy? So what your saying is that they strike more most of the time..... good point!

I guess everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion

Not sure if you'd convince the following though

Norm Duke
Pete Weber
Rhino Page
Jason Belmonte
Ryan Shafer
and half of the PBA who have a choice and still use Storm

Storm also dominates in Australia in most events.... co-incidence? I dont think so....

And what about the half who agree with me and don't use Storm?

Storm does a lot of sponsorship of the better bowlers. They have a bigger presence and unfortunately people follow the advertising.

Having a bigger market share does not mean they have a better product.

The way I see it, it's like with Titleist and TaylorMade in golf.

Give some stuff away, pay some bonuses for playing their gear and the people without contracts come running.

Titleist have done it for years for guys playing their golf balls (Pro V1 and ProV1x) and TaylorMade for their drivers (R9 and SuperFast models).

That way, when the surveys are done as to who played what, it makes their numbers look better for advertising.

Yes your wrong....What are you trying to say? Storm bowling balls only work well when the pattern is easy? So what your saying is that they strike more most of the time..... good point!

All I was saying was when the lanes were tough....which doesn't happen very often in this country (i wonder why....) .... storm weren't in the top 3...

I wonder if someones (guess who) contract could be coming up for renewal. Or maybe it has become time to ask for an upgrade and just laying the groundwork. I think the statement re Titleist and Taylormade makes a lot of sense.

Storm may pay a bonus or have incentives, both are good for us the bowler, so good on them. I'm sure if the gear was crap though, a bonus isn't going to keep you using it.

George, since you have so much time on your hands, can you please do some research on who won player of the year on the PBA last year, and include what brand of ball that bowler used for the season?

Back
Top Bottom