Australia's own Battle of the Brands

In my opinion, Storm has a great product and the marketing is brilliant.
I look at it like this - Put Peter Brock in a Ford and he still would have won as many championships and races however Holden grabbed him first and Ford missed out!!!

At the moment i bowl with Hammer

But i have always said, if you can show me something that i can score better with.... Please do

Each to their own

I
I look at it like this - Put Peter Brock in a Ford and he still would have won as many championships and races however Holden grabbed him first and Ford missed out!!!

Consider this a written warning...:D

No more swearing like this again on the forum please...;)

Sorry Jase, I know that was breaking the rules. I don't normally swear on public forums but had to throw it out there!

Peter Brock did race a Ford, and Volvo as well! (of course mainly Holden)

Now here's a battle of the brands!

I'd forgotten about Brock in the Volvo. It was a wagon too! Unlike most wagons, Volvo extend their roll cage right to the back of the wagon. That makes them very solid, much more nimble than most other offerings out there. Must've been hard for him to get back into a Holden, hey Jase..? ;)

As if race cars have anything in common with their dealer-floor cousins.

And they use Ford diffs. (True!)

A road registered Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo costs a lot less less than a "V8 Supercar" and beats it over a standing quarter mile. Take them for a lap though and the race car will beat the Porsche badly once it gets up owing to superior race tyres and ample remaining horsepower at high speed (read 200+). So next time you need to overtake something doing 200+, there's your vehicle. Otherwise, the Porsche will do nicely.

There's a great article here

As for bowling balls, what was the last ball you saw that didn't give you a load of free hook and hit like a truck? I buy the good looking ones now... As long as they get down the lane. Speaking of getting down the lane, thanks for the heads up on NSW Open, George. I just withdrew.

Brands schmands indeed. It's a very good analogy, but missing one vital variable.

I know there are bow technologies and I'm sure there arrow and shaft technologies that make a difference. In archery though, you can't change the way the air plays. In bowling, the lanes can be changed in minutes. Look at some of the day 1 - day 2 score disparities since pretty much forever. Lanes change everything. While winning is more than matching up, the placement of friction on the lanes is the most significant parameter that sets up the field for who does it easy, who does it tough, who scores, who wins and who loses. The favoured players then work out who gets to the top.

As an obvious example, Wall the lanes up (most houses these days) and we significantly reduce the requirement for accuracy and even repetition of release. House shots also hand out a bunch of friction to create ball roll. Wrist guards dispense with a significant component of physical strength and control. Ball cover stocks create massive amplification of a bowler's ability to rotate the ball and generate their own friction. Core engineering makes an embarrassing release come good by flipping the ball track off the thumb hole to allow the cover to get done what the bowler is incapable of. And the balls just get bigger and bigger.

While ever bowling remains a competition to see who can throw the biggest hooking balls of all time straight in order to gain the greatest advantage from the factory engineers, the skills utilised in creating your own ball roll are not only compromised, they are actively discouraged.

Regardless of the brand.

This might be a very nieve statement from a inexperienced bowler but should we all use what works best for us as an individial bowler? In Ball, Shoes and Technique?

The greatest peice of advice I have been given to date in regards to bowling is "If it works for you, and you can repeat it, Do it."

almost every archery medal in the olympics has been won with an Easton arrow since 1992

Last year in the World Cups, pretty much every gold was won using an Easton Pro-Tour and a Hoyt Vantage Elite (the other gold was won with the protours and a hoyt proelite)

correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't there only been ONE tournament this year where it hasn't been ditched up or the pattern hasn't favoured the left ....

have a look at the top 3 for that tournament...

Never a truer word spoken!

Back
Top Bottom