Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

Re: Question - Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

Tiger said:
Just as an aside to that, does anyone remember the huge English bloke from the darts telecasts who used to go "Oooooooone hooooooondreeeeeeeeed and eeeeeeeeeeeighhteeeeeeeee"?
I think he's still there now. Had breakfast with him and some of the darts crew in London back in 1987/88 at the hotel we were staying at.
Really nice bloke but MY GOD could he eat!! We counted at least 6 fully stacked plates that he chowed through - and that was just breakfast.
Wasn't that Tony Green who also did the TV show "Bullseye" with Jim Bowen?

i was the boys all events champion in athletics in kinder, i still have the cool as trophy. ahaha.

ummmm my team won indoor soccer one time and it was after like 20 mins of exrta time with only 2 players left on the field and i scored the winning goal. but that was when i wasnt unco. and a bit fitter.

i have a 300, but who doesnt these days?

cant think of anything else.

josh from orange said:
i have a 300, but who doesnt these days? cant think of anything else.

Do you want me to name some bowlers who are very deserving but havnt yet reached the magic number???

~Mrs Storm~ said:
Do you want me to name some bowlers who are very deserving but havnt yet reached the magic number???

I'll give you one, Craig Ryan

YEH me got one aswell. Brady Pirie

Mikel Craig for sure, he deserves one, just been unlucky i suppose

brady has bowled one before, craigy is the one that pops into my head that hasnt bowled one

Bringing thread back from the dead...

Only just started bowling (highest of 225), but been playing cricket since 1990/91 and highest score of 214no and bowling of 6/15 and 4/3 :)
Getting paid to play cricket now (but losing the passion for the game)

-Paul

i had played cricket for 26 years until retiring at end of last season. played grade in sydney and central coast for quite a while, also represented at state level athletics when a teen and also had a 3 handicap at golf until knee surgery about 2 1/2 years ago curtailed the golf as can no longer twist thru the ball without adequate comfort.still bowl though as no twisting. but had a good run in my 33 years so far.

Surgery cuts short so many careers...
I had an ankle reco last year, need a scope on my knee and shoulder surgery... But it all can wait till it's 100% broken... Also got a life long spinal condition so yay for me...

-Paul

The only other game i play as much as bowling would be darts in the garage... and i'm about as good at darts as i am at bowling.
I have bowled 300 and shot 180 in darts but to compare darts to bowling you would have to say a 9 dart finish (180,180,141... t20,t19,d12)is on par with 300. (My best there is 12) As is i'd say a 147 in snooker...

9 dart finish and a 147 in snooker is NOTHING like a 300 in bowling.

In the recorded history of championship snooker, there has been less than seventy 147's recorded... there most held by Ronnie O'Sullivan, with I believe with 8.

I remember watching on Fox Sports when Phil Taylor made a 9 darter... it was the first one on TV in 20+ years, and got him around $AUD200,000.

Those 2 achievements I would put down in the same class as shooting 59 on the golf course for 18 holes. I wish I could say i've done that, but unfortunately I've only ever been good for a couple of 64's and a few 65's.

Shooting 850+ for 3, would be getting close to the 9 darter and 147 IMO.

well i play tennis national tournements go overseas for tennis n im a pretty good bowler but as paul sed surgery cuts careers down

Played A grade table tennis.

Was Australian Champ 4 years in a row for Taekwondo in the black belt division. Had the oppotunity to go international but the money became a hassle then... :(

Shooting 850+ for 3, would be getting close to the 9 darter and 147 IMO.

Fair call, I actually thought there were more 147's then that... I've seen a few 9 dart finishes on foxtel... 2 by Phil Taylor and as for 147's... Seen Ronnie O'Sullivan at the crucible get one... as well as John Higgins and Ding JunHui...

I suppose it is hard to compare with some other sports as i think a century break in snooker doesn't quite make it to achieving a 300... as well as a 12 dart finish in darts.

Jerome Bettis a.k.a "the Bus", played NFL Gridiron for the Steelers I think, has bowled a 300 game

Have bowled a couple of 300's .... have also won State Division 1 Pennant for Lawn Bowls (highest grade in Tassie - no Premier League) along with numerous other titles etc in Lawn Bowls

Bowling a 300 game, throwing 180 at darts (or a 9 dart finish), hitting a hole in one at golf, shooting 147 in snooker (and so on) does not mean you have mastered the sport.

When you can consistently do these things then maybe you are getting close.

No, it doesn't mean you've mastered the sport, but who has?!?!?!
The thread title should have read, "Who has been successful in another sport" or something along those lines...

Back
Top Bottom