Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

Re: Question - Who has mastered another sport other than Tenpin Bowling???

I read the title of this thread and androoo came to mind, i remeber reading of his achievents on the back page of the newspaper when he shot his 300(and the photo still haunts me) just wondered if 64 is STILL the course record? if so how long has it been standing?

i havent mastered ANYTHING

Ok i will re-phrase the topic as their seems to be a little confusion in the wording of the topic. Perhaps i should have said what bowlers have reached the pinnacle of tenpin bowling and/or another sport (being a 300 game or a hole in one or even as good as a 180 in darts)

Kelvin

I read the title of this thread and androoo came to mind, i remeber reading of his achievents on the back page of the newspaper when he shot his 300(and the photo still haunts me) just wondered if 64 is STILL the course record? if so how long has it been standing?

Andrew set the record in Aug 1999. The following year the course was changed slightly by the re-positioning of the par 3 11th hole which meant the course was officially changed so a new course record had to be recognised. Andrew's 64 will still be recorded in the history of the club. Since then the new record was 68 also by Andrew in Mar 2000 and was lowered to 66 a few weeks later by an interstate golfer. 64 still stands as the lowest round ever.

I have bowled a 300 years ago and scored a hole in one three years ago.

The previous proud Dad is quite correct, I would do anything to shoot anything in the sixties let alone a 64. That's a fantastic achievment.

I can recall a gent named John Mazza, a left hander, who cojmpleted his golf apprenticeship then became a PBA player. He won one or two titles on the PBA Tour and then went back to golf to win a spot in the USPGA as a club professional.

Represented Australia twice at Bocce (at 16 and 17)
Was the first Australian junior to win a medal at the World Championships.
Won 5 national titles whilst a junior.
Won a State League (top division in Victoria) competition at 18 after being runner up at 17 (apparently unheard of..)

I view these achievements as the best in my life.
These will outweigh any 300 I will ever bowl (if I ever succeed in throwing one)

twenban said:
I have bowled a 300 years ago and scored a hole in one three years ago.
The previous proud Dad is quite correct, I would do anything to shoot anything in the sixties let alone a 64. That's a fantastic achievment.
I can recall a gent named John Mazza, a left hander, who cojmpleted his golf apprenticeship then became a PBA player. He won one or two titles on the PBA Tour and then went back to golf to win a spot in the USPGA as a club professional.

The golfing John Mazza you are referring to is not the same person as PBA titlist. only the name is the same.

Never mastered but have come close to getting to the top if some sports

Have bowled 2 300's and represented Victoria in Rachuig
Played golf of a handicap of 1 for a year
also been selected/tried out for Victorian squads in the following
Indoor Cricket
Cricket and
Basketball

Never real could make the sacrifice or commitment to take the sports to the next
Just starting to make this commitment to bowling next year and see how this goes.

Muels1 said:
Ok i will re-phrase the topic as their seems to be a little confusion in the wording of the topic. Perhaps i should have said what bowlers have reached the pinnacle of tenpin bowling and/or another sport (being a 300 game or a hole in one or even as good as a 180 in darts)
Kelvin
I scored a 180 against an England International some years back. Left myself with double 15 to win and missed :(

Never "mastered" any sports - who has? LOL
I go alright on the lanes, had some big games, won a few tournaments (many, many moons back) played in a couple of State Teams (again, many moons back)
Was the 100m & 200m sprint champion in my age group 6 or 7 years in a row across 3 different schools - small bloke, quick as lightning, but get me running 800's and I'd be totally knackered after around 300m and that'd be the end of me.
Played soccer for about 7 years there as well back in the 80's, we won a couple of titles back in the day, one of my team mates' old man was a former player in one of the English teams (Blackburn Rovers I think) back in the late 60's early 70's and he was our coach. Although I did get sent off a fair few times for rough play
icon11.gif
I was the smallest kid on the pitch, I had to look after myself somehow..LOL

Played footy on and off as well after I stopped playing soccer, played on the wing most of the time and once kicked 5 goals in a game out at the old Bell Street ground, which I was really stoked about.
Stopped playing footy after I got more and more interested in bowling, although I still followed footy very strongly up until about a year or two back.

Had lotsa fun along the way.

mongoliantreesloth said:
I scored a 180 against an England International some years back. Left myself with double 15 to win and missed :(

Just as an aside to that, does anyone remember the huge English bloke from the darts telecasts who used to go "Oooooooone hooooooondreeeeeeeeed and eeeeeeeeeeeighhteeeeeeeee"?
I think he's still there now. Had breakfast with him and some of the darts crew in London back in 1987/88 at the hotel we were staying at.
Really nice bloke but MY GOD could he eat!! We counted at least 6 fully stacked plates that he chowed through - and that was just breakfast.

During highschool Anthony Koutoufides used to hold the under 13, 14, and 15 records for shotput, discus, and javlin in the northern zone... until i came along. discus record broken by 2 meters, shotput by 35cm but my best and the only record still in my name is the javlin, a record 27.95 meters in under 13's (kouta 13.7 meters), 32.73 meters in under 14's (kouta 25.86 meters), 47.02 meters in under 15's (kouta 41.47 meters).
mind you if i went to throw a javlin now id probly dislocate my shoulder.
i have also bowled three 300's across two different centers.

I am very good at snooker and played A grade in my city for a while. started pool and snooker when i was 7 (1981) and bowling in 1987.
Also are computer games sport? i am a master of them :p

In 1991/92 was selected in the Tasmanian u/17 Cricket Squad, ended up choosing Bowling over cricket, Highest score 103 and best bowling figures 6/29, some regretts but thats life...

Bruv

Soccer been in 3 grand finals won 1 baseball been in 3 grand finals won 1. yesterday hit a triple in under 16's for baseball n last week hit 2 home runs n a double n hav hit 3 triples 2 home runs 3 doubles 4 da year so far. hav been in reps 4 baseball

Had my handicap in golf down to single figures of 9. Plus ive scored a hole in one at Wattle Park in Melbourne.

I represented the South Coast in PSSA Sport, which was the highest level u could go to in that I believe...
Was a state rep many years ago in Marching...heaven forbid.
And Ive achieved a 300...

i used to be heavily into kick boxing. did get a fair way into it but wouldnt call myself a master because like bowling your always learning with the sport.

playn for my bathurst rugby league team in the country leagues, i loved playn on the front line and i was really good at it 2.

Craig Ryan said:
Represented Australia twice at Bocce (at 16 and 17)
Was the first Australian junior to win a medal at the World Championships.
Won 5 national titles whilst a junior.
Won a State League (top division in Victoria) competition at 18 after being runner up at 17 (apparently unheard of..)
I view these achievements as the best in my life.
These will outweigh any 300 I will ever bowl (if I ever succeed in throwing one)

I find that one very impressive

micky_macca said:
I find that one very impressive

we ALL find Craig impressive, with those incredible looks, and the great Footy team he follows....;)

haha

Back
Top Bottom