Which way do you turn to walk back?

Which way do you turn to head back to the player's area after a bowl?

• Total voters

bobthebowler

This is ur captn speaking
Since Census Night is coming up and we need to prepare for a barrage of questions which relate to absolutely nothing such as "How did you get to work on Tuesday, July 8th?", I thought I might as well add one of my own questions which I believe should be included in the Census.

Watching some bowlers during league recently, I noticed most people always turned in the one direction to head back to the players area. Somehow this inspired me to think..'I wonder which way most people turn?'.

Doubt there will be many responses because I didn't know myself until I went up for a bowl. Plus we've all got better things to do than to study which way we turn and report back to a forum. But hey, makes for some light reading!

You never cease to amaze me :p

Naturally, I cartwheel all the way back! After riding 6 lanes of course, in front of you!

Is this all you have to do Robbie...

Start studing for your licence and stop wasting time...........

Just for you, I turn a bit of both ways, or occassionally I walk backwards..

Does this pass the boredom test.........LOL​

Believe it or not... I had just looked at a vid of me bowling 3 games and i picked up a pattern that is a bit strange... when i leave right hand spares after my first shot i turn to my left, anything that ist a 6 pin, 9 pin, 10 pin, and i come back by turning right :S and of course... like easy tiger said... if it is a strike i would've ridden a few lanes before turning back so it wouldn't have mattered (but then again i don't get strikes very often :p)
R

I moonwalk back to my seat like Michael Jackson while singing Billy Jean.... :p :p :p

Well I dont know about you all, but I know when I am on the odd lane, I turn to my right, and when I am on the even lane I turn back to my left, nothing worse then being on the even lane turning to your right, and facing oncoming traffic of the person next door bowling.

This is easily the most in-depth question I have seen asked on here.

It has resulted in me for many hours visualizing my technique and wondering if it might improve my bowling or could it in some way give me more meaning to my life? :confused:

Consclusion?….. absolutely not, not a bloody thing unfortunately…. Oh well. :rolleyes:

But I have come to the realize now that I think about it, I will mostly turn to my right when I throw a good shot, if I get a split or think I got ripped off then I am likely turn to my left.

On the very few occasions (??) ;) when I throw a very bad shot or get a reaction that was not at all expected I will very slowly walk backwards all the way to the players’ area thinking to myself, “What the bloody hell happened there?”
This is quite a dangerous exercise for me as there is a step down into the players’ area and those who know me realise I have taken a few tumbles (not walking backwards I might add) in our bowling center this year.

Thanks Robbie, I just hope you don’t think of these things when you are flying a plane?

cant say ive ever thought about it before, ill have to see what happens during league tonight

Would also be interesting to note the percentage of left and right hadned people in each option...Are right handers more likely to turn to their right?

i'm pretty sure i am random, unless it was a horrible bowl trying to get the 7-pin, then i kick the air really hard, spin around 4 times, then stagger in a random direction.

Enf...

When i play a 7 pin (right side of the lane) i turn left to walk back and vice versa when playing the 10

This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read. Talk about being bored! That's like asking "which butt cheek do you scratch?" or "which side of the bed do you get out of?"
C'mon people, why make a fool of yourself by actually taking this topic seriously?
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give this thread my seal of disapproval! #-o
thread20sucks6mi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom