Which is better, Holden or Ford?

Which is better...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well you asked about both with no internal mods, hence the stock times...

You can get an LS1/2 with heads and cam do under 11 secs

I dont know what it is for a ford, you might have to fill me in, but im guessing a low 11

The quickest LS1 unopened is 11.07 but the car weighs 1350 kg and the LS1's count changing valve springs still to be unopened.
My pursuit is the quickest unopened Boss at the momment and has been for nearly 10 months or so and has run 11.76 totally unopened, but I removed approx 100 kg of weight and still was around 1700 kg.

In drag racing, normally for every 100 lbs of weight reduced is good for 1 tenth of a second.

Most holden guys do not realise the potential of the Boss V8 when set up properly, which is what I gathered from your original comments, I was just trying to clear things up, not sh1t stir at all.

:D

The quickest LS1 unopened is 11.07 but the car weighs 1350 kg and the LS1's count changing valve springs still to be unopened.
My pursuit is the quickest unopened Boss at the momment and has been for nearly 10 months or so and has run 11.76 totally unopened, but I removed approx 100 kg of weight and still was around 1700 kg.
In drag racing, normally for every 100 lbs of weight reduced is good for 1 tenth of a second.
Most holden guys do not realise the potential of the Boss V8 when set up properly, which is what I gathered from your original comments, I was just trying to clear things up, not sh1t stir at all.
Unopened means everything before heads and cams.

I still haven't run my car, and I won't until the diff gears are done. Once thats done I'll let you know how I do.

why would you not run youre car now and then again when your diff gears have been changed
unless you do this you will be guessing at how much difference it has done

daniel d

Unopened means everything before heads and cams.

I still haven't run my car, and I won't until the diff gears are done. Once thats done I'll let you know how I do.

Unopened should mean the motor has not been opened at all, but springs are allowed :confused:

Good luck when you do run it and hope you get the times you are after, do let us know.

Because I have 3.07 gears. Its slow and I don't like it, but I know what a car with 3.73's is like, so I'll wait till then

Cheers Ratter, I will as soon as it happens.

HOLDEN ? FORD? ELEVEN SECOND PASSES ? EIGHTY GRAND FOR A BIG SLOW HEAP OF JUNK ? WHY WASTE THE MONEY PEOPLE HERE S WAT YOU DO GO FIND A SOME KID WITH AN RXTHREE GIVE HIM TEN GRAND FOR GO TALK TO ONE OF THE FINE ROTARY ENGINE REBUILDERS AROUND AUSTRALIA (EG PAC PERFORMANCE ) GIVE THEM THE SEVENTY GRAND OR SO THAT YOU WOULD HAVE WASTED YOUR TIME WITH BEFORE AND WA LAH AT LEAST NINE OR PROBABLY LESS SECOND CAR WHICH SOUNDS BETTER LOOK S BETTER AND REALLY PEOPLE IS

SILLY KIDS WITH THERE V EIGHTS :)

The aim of the thread was to solve that perennial debate amongst Australian petrolheads... Holden v Ford, nothing more. By the looks of it, Ford's on the ropes too!

HOLDEN ? FORD? ELEVEN SECOND PASSES ? EIGHTY GRAND FOR A BIG SLOW HEAP OF JUNK ? WHY WASTE THE MONEY PEOPLE HERE S WAT YOU DO GO FIND A SOME KID WITH AN RXTHREE GIVE HIM TEN GRAND FOR GO TALK TO ONE OF THE FINE ROTARY ENGINE REBUILDERS AROUND AUSTRALIA (EG PAC PERFORMANCE ) GIVE THEM THE SEVENTY GRAND OR SO THAT YOU WOULD HAVE WASTED YOUR TIME WITH BEFORE AND WA LAH AT LEAST NINE OR PROBABLY LESS SECOND CAR WHICH SOUNDS BETTER LOOK S BETTER AND REALLY PEOPLE IS

and has no chance of being street driven :p

and has no chance of being street driven :p
anyone heard off YES 10S my mate build it took for the first run down the quarter ran it down the quarter oh ran 9 something cams come running out" oh you cant run that here without a shoot and roll cage put it on the truck and leave " my mates says " look mate at the corner rego thank s i ll drive that home " so wise **s go run your little eight we ll see you on the street !

anyone heard off YES 10S my mate build it took for the first run down the quarter ran it down the quarter oh ran 9 something cams come running out" oh you cant run that here without a shoot and roll cage put it on the truck and leave " my mates says " look mate at the corner rego thank s i ll drive that home " so wise **s go run your little eight we ll see you on the street !
sorry posted in my bro s profile

Just thought I'd add that my pursuit was in the urban warfare section of last months street machine (HD ute on cover) :cool:

I would have to say FORDS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there mght be more holden sopperters then ford in australia but if it was a world vote ford would win anyday!

for that eighty grand you get alot more than a hardly driveable on the street 20 year old car.

you have to compare apples with apples.

Just thought I'd add that my pursuit was in the urban warfare section of last months street machine (HD ute on cover) :cool:

Nice one mate. Winter is nearly hear.... time to get racing again.

New clutch goes in mine 2morrow, so ill be back to slammin those gears again!! WOO HOO!!!

chowny are you on SC??? I thinks its you not sure.

I havent run my car down the plex yet, this wednesday coming I will go providing it doesnt rain.

Will probably be the only time it goes out unopened as by next season hope to have done what I got planned

yeah man thats me... i havent been on there in some time.

Let us know how u go down the 1/4.

Ive just had a Textralia Z grip clutch thrown in, so give me a few weeks and im gunna head out for a run.

How u travelling for this winter Ratter?

How u travelling for this winter Ratter?

Not racing the pursuit anymore at the momment, I'm going back to playing with my Bigblock fairlane. The pursuit is my everyday car and going away car, so I don't want to break anything which is allways a possiblity when racing, It doesn't matter if I break the fairlane as it can sit for extended periods of time without causing any hassles

13.03 @ 104mph 1.857 60ft on street tyres, 18's to be exact. That was my PB and my very first run on a very cold night.

Only got 2 runs, second run was all wheelspin and fish tailing down the qtr. Won't be running it till next season (october) so by then will have cam and heads and some other goodies :D

Back
Top Bottom