and in all this time my father has owned many modified holdens and fords
i like to think i have been brought up not being single minded
not picking between them gives me more choices for a lot of nice cars
holden has many nice cars
ford has many nice cars
i like all makes and most models
i have friends that are holden or nothing
its like they would drive around in a hd special with a smoke blowing 161
then to drive a luxury 78 ltd 5.8 litre 4 wheel disk brakes a/c p/s if they were theirs for the same price
heaven forbid you should drive the other make
and yes i have owned both holdens and fords more holdens than fords
but my next project i have my mind on now is a vg valiant coupe

my say

daniel d

They're both pretty much the same in my view, however I won't buy another Holden as my key head failed a few weeks ago and I was unable to start my car. Cost $85.00 for a new one.

When i had my Vt Commodore towed the other day...the towie said he tows 10 commodores to one falcon......go figure...:rolleyes:

FORD all the way. Dominated the V8 Supercars since 2002. Holden had to cheat to win this year. The XR6 Turbo's and the FPV's are HOT. The new Holden Commodores are FAT and UGLY. You all know its true

They're both pretty much the same in my view, however I won't buy another Holden as my key head failed a few weeks ago and I was unable to start my car. Cost $85.00 for a new one.

Ok my first post here

If you had of left your ignition turned on for 20 minutes (I think it's 20) the key head security is over ridden in the computer and you would have been able to start it, but you would have to do the same next time to start.
Most cars these days have some sort of chip in the key or key head for security reasons and can cost a lot more than $85 to replace

the Aurion and 380 flog holden and ford to death!!! BMW M3 was the best touring car ever too but scaredy cat Holden and Ford had to ban them too didnt they:rolleyes:

Ok my first post here
If you had of left your ignition turned on for 20 minutes (I think it's 20) the key head security is over ridden in the computer and you would have been able to start it, but you would have to do the same next time to start.
Most cars these days have some sort of chip in the key or key head for security reasons and can cost a lot more than $85 to replace

Nothing like that I'm afraid. Drove to my destination, took keys out of ignition and noticed that the remote button wouldn't lock the car. Locked it manually and didn't think anymore of it until I returned to the car and tried to drive away. VR Commodore by the way.

Wife's Falcon key has no electrics or circuits as the remote fob is a seperate entity. Ford for me next time.

VR Commodore gave you that problem?
Crap! Something for me to look forward to...D'oh!
Personally, I prefer Ford to Holden. I only drive a Commodore because I didnt buy it...promise.

FORD all the way. Dominated the V8 Supercars since 2002. Holden had to cheat to win this year. The XR6 Turbo's and the FPV's are HOT. The new Holden Commodores are FAT and UGLY. You all know its true

No comment on the V8 championship for me.

Must admit that I like the XR6 and Typhoon, would drive either if it was a courtesy car... ;)

AP6 Valiant slant 6 for mine, but if I have to choose, HOLDEN! Ironically I just bought a Ford.

I own 2 Holden's, but id still take a Typhoon for a burn. Or maybe i should just add a turbo to the SS :)

Nothing like that I'm afraid. Drove to my destination, took keys out of ignition and noticed that the remote button wouldn't lock the car. Locked it manually and didn't think anymore of it until I returned to the car and tried to drive away. VR Commodore by the way.
Wife's Falcon key has no electrics or circuits as the remote fob is a seperate entity. Ford for me next time.

It would have worked, it is a system that is there for when the remote head fails, as in your case.

Ford use a chip inside the key, the remote opens the doors but the chip signal is picked up by the computer and the electronics will not operate unless it picks up the chip signal. If you were to get a key cut without the chip installed, the ignition would turn, ignition lights come on and the motor may crank but it will not fire.
When you get a proper key cut for the ford it must be programmed to the car, when programming the key, all other keys must be reprogrammed also, any keys not programmed at the same session will not work the car.

I worked at a holden dealership for quite a while which is why I know about the holdens and I presently own a FPV pursuit which I've played with a bit.

I like the XR6Ts and the Phoons, but I hate Ford's V8. Biggest clunkiest pieces of crap on the road.

They're slow and every XR8 and GT-P with exhaust sounds like a 6 Banger. LS1/2 for the win.

Oh and the new VE's aren't fat and ugly, but they certainly are different.

but I hate Ford's V8. Biggest clunkiest pieces of crap on the road.
They're slow and every XR8 and GT-P with exhaust sounds like a 6 Banger. LS1/2 for the win.

What do you call slow? Have you run your car, what times did it get?

:D

drag racing is bad for you.... hahahahaha

who'd wanna do a thing like that ;)

post-8836-11558041511401548903.jpg

Back
Top Bottom