What's Happening?

Whasup!

Just a couple of questions i'm hoping someone may be able to answer for me with regards to the closing down of Box Hill Bowl.
Will there be another Box Hill bowl:?: and if not what will happen to Dunn shield next year will teams like Melton or Ballarat be able to rejoin the Shield:?: as there will only be 11 teams should there be Box Hill no more.

Thanx

Lets hope it isnt another shopping centre alley. I hate stairs and lifts/elevators...

Whasup! said:
Just a couple of questions i'm hoping someone may be able to answer for me with regards to the closing down of Box Hill Bowl.
Will there be another Box Hill bowl:?: and if not what will happen to Dunn shield next year will teams like Melton or Ballarat be able to rejoin the Shield:?: as there will only be 11 teams should there be Box Hill no more.
Thanx

Dunn shield is permanently over for us...was fun while it lasted tho.

Emerson is a great replacement anyway.

Good to see you are alive and kicking Milkman how is the little lady. Do you ever read your emails.;)

Most certainly do.

We'll be in Melbourne from Dec 15th, hope to catch up with a few people during that time.

REDRUM said:
Good to see you are alive and kicking Milkman how is the little lady. Do you ever read your emails.;)

Well I heard Doncaster but if at Clayton will be to close to chadstone but yeh who knows what they do but yeh i'll bowl at any of those 2 centers.
Chris

=D> This will be our last year for Box Hill Bowlers,will you guys be nice to us during the Shield or are you happy to see us go!! :rofl: Forest Hill or Doncaster ( lets assume ) next year ... :-\":-\"

The New AMF center is Not going to Doncaster. Westfield shopping center Charge to much.

Try somewhere near Springvale:rolleyes:

Who says it has to be at a shopping centre??
Y can't AMF find somewhere else away from a shopping centre to place a bowl:confused:

Well where would the put it for a start if it's not going to be a shopping center gotta have enough space plus if the have it at shoipping center they try get social bowlers.
Maybe someone else can expand my anwser.
Chris

The idea of moving the new bowls to Shopping Centres, is due to just what Chris said.

It is to do with the volumes of social bowlers available, and people are always able to associate with the bowl at what ever centre it is.

The business has changed over the years, and with declining numbers from walk ins, to pick up the slack in quiet times, this is a way to ensure they are making a profit.

The costs, if negotiated well are not much more than the factory doen the road, that does not have the passing traffic of the shopping centres.

Back
Top Bottom