What Have You Broken?

I have been bowling for 6 years and i haven't broken anything. The closest i have come is tearing the skin on my thumb.

I have done that, and at the worst possible time. My 6th game of a masters. I got a blister, then the next ball i tore it off, had an awful 138 and missed consecutive 5 pins. But then 4 out of my next 5 games were over 200 (including my stepladder to get to the final), so it wasnt too bad in the end. But i had to take a week off because it was so sore. Was just a shame my thumb couldnt hold out long enough to win the final, where i bowled an atrocious 147...at least i had an excuse heheh

Yeah, I've torn my skin. First ball of practice in NSW Classic Junior Masters and my thumb starts bleeding. I had 19 games to bowl that day :shocked!:

That was a loooooooong day :D

Bubyee

Rowey :p

toe, finger, nose (lots of times), almost shoulder, injured my knee lots of times and just recently almost did my neck gettin speared playing a harmless game of footy :p i was knocked out for a couple of minutes and i still cant move my neck that well

as for bowling stuff...puffball, pen holder thingo, flower in cafe, heaps of pencils they give out to write ur scores, bowling shoes and umm im sure i did somethin at woden but i cnt remember

Allllright :cool:

<±>|{ÿ£è<±> said:
recently almost did my neck gettin speared playing a harmless game of footy :p i was knocked out for a couple of minutes and i still cant move my neck that well

Well I hope you end up better than I did. I had the same thing happen playing school footy in 2000, got spear tackled, got a small chip fracture on the c5 vertabra in my neck and I haven't been the same since... There isn't a day that goes by where my neck isn't stiff, it seriously messed up the nerves in that area as a result. Not suppose to play football again.

Good luck getting it better, I wouldn't advise playing footy again until it's 100% good again..

Fractured my ankle playing hockey and i also broken 4 fingers playing hockey and i had knee surgery last yr cause of were i got hit with a hockey ball at pretty fast pace any higher and would of completly smashed my knee cap in peices now it's stuffed my knee up i have to wear a knee brace everytime i bowl now. Which really sucks

Chris

biggest dummy spit i have ever seen is a well known junior from quite some years back going out the front door, ball in hand, walking outside and launching his ball down the carpark, that did all sorts of things :D

Ive broken a few things over the years, a couple of balls, a finger, a few foul lights, even had one of my balls take out a camera one day, that was kind of funny watching the replay.

The one i will remember most is from my junior days, bowling at a center that had peg board and plastic lettering for high games above the approaches. Like danny, i used to have a very high backswing. Bowling one day and getting very sick and tired of leaving 10 pins, i tried to throw it a little too hard. I hit the board on my back swing, walked back after the shot and the board swung off its hinges and landed flat on the approach smashing into pieces and sending the little plastic letters off in many directions. =D>

I haven't broken anything, but damaged a few things with one shot.
Bowling on lane one, ball stuck on thumb ( regular occurence ). The ball went a fair height and dented the ridge caping between lane one and two. It bounced somewhere on lane two, leaving another dent. It continued on its merry way to lane 3 and went down lane three. I scared the living daylights out of the old dear on lane 3 who had no idea where the ball came from.
Lesson - always have talcum powder handy or even better - learn to bowl.

This wasn't me, but one day working I heard something rattling in the pinwheel. It was the head of a rather unfortunate pin, and the body rolling on the carpet.

The "Marie Antoinette" pin took pride of place in the workshop for a while, next to "Steve McQueen", the pin that tunneled its way 3/4 of the way to the ball return.

Well I got a ganglion on my wrist will bowling Twin Tour last year at Kedron but i didn't find it till that night so i bowled 10 games and now i have to wear a wrist gaurd! i know someone who use to have the worst temper worse then he has now would have to be Ben Taylor i remember about 2 yrs ago he punched a wall and turned the screen off at Gympie! oh i've also permantly damaged my knee from bowling that will teach me to smake the ball into my knee! i've damaged other stuff but that was through pure anger not bowling!

From Chooken!

myself knew one story case about wrong ball.....

one deaf from sydney and another deaf from adelaide while both deaf using same type of grey wolf ball each on same lanes for our national deaf championship few years ago.
they took two grey ball to either sydney or adelaide home way in "swap".

they realised it was wrong ball in same type of grey wolf ball when check it at their home place so leave it inside the shed for one year(most one year)until found out it was swap.

one adelaide deaf man bowled their ball gone on lane 1&2 in middle of first game on next national deaf championship that he did looked at their ball is already crack after return from machine so went to the pro shop.

sad ! It is throwed into rubbish bin followed show it to lots of deaf bowlers

Then he bought a new one in different.

grey wolf ball is in damaged by caused heat inside the shed through most one year.

never leave it in heat of summer season while a any ball inside the tin shed-careful

from deaf lefty did seen this ball was crack !

ANOTHER ONE FOR MYSELF ONLY:

Myself alway have a some blister on our left hand each every year.

worst one is 5 blisters skin on our left hand on amf castle hill wondabowl in 2003 while myself bowled 18 games in one day-won our national deaf men's individual championship also previous day was all event-9 games in one day.

so myself decided about pulled out of master event in next day ! because too bad painful sore over big blister skin off.

only myself is dissapointing -would be playing master event that is really sad (only one time master event was in perth 1997)

from deaf lefty

lol i have a good one when my sister was young she was goin up to bowl and the techs left the oiling machine on the lane with the cords she triped over the cords and smashed her left pinky open and its looks mutated now lol

Back
Top Bottom