What Have You Broken?

broke my finger - caught between two balls on the ball return - really made my eyes water but got me 2 weeks off work (can't type with fingers taped together) but didnt stop me bowling in a tournament meanwhile. Lesson learned: dont stand with your back to the lanes and mouth off at your opposition when you should be thinking about your next shot!

I also had a bit of a temper during my younger days. Many a ball return felt my wrath :twisted:

I never actually broke any of them though, which is surprising because I really laid into a few of them. The worst would have been at Parramatta during Intercentre, I kicked one and it gave out a huge metallic crash that caused all eyes in the bowl to be on me. Somehow it stayed in one piece and I stayed in the building.

These days I just curse under my breath, it's much safer.

A guy in my bowling team on Thursday night threw his basketball Soare Storm into the air and dropped it, which put huge cracks around it. I don't know whether it'll be usable anymore :? At State this year I saw Curtis Mcnamara chuck a ball up in the air and catch it about 10 centimeters off Cow's face :shock:

A little while ago at Strikezone again a casual bowler managed to somehow chuck his ball up into the air and hit the roof and also put a hole in it. I think he/she also cracked the house ball in half or something. :lol: This could have turned out a lot worse than it was...

I was bowling practice after my Wednesday league one night, because I was getting a coaching lesson. I was riding shots a lot. My friend bowled his shot on the other lane and he rode his shot by kneeling down on one leg, which is what Frawls does sometimes. I saw him doing this halfway though my shot and decided before i released the ball i would ride it. So there's a 14 or 15 pound bowling ball up in the air in my left hand, and I'm bending down to ride my shot. The ball ends up hitting me in the side of the leg and kneecap hard, i fall over hard onto the lane, and my ball ends up going over the little barrier between the lane I was bowling on and the one next to me and rolling down the gutter on the lane next to me. So I was lying on the lane in agony and I actually look down to see where my ball went. I wasn't worried about my leg :lol:

I ended up having to be carried over to the chairs because I was in so much pain iI couldn't stand up. That's not the best thing to do if you want 2 days off school. My leg swelled up twice the size of my other leg. The next day it got really stiff and was pretty hard to walk on. That's a lesson for people who ride their shots :lol: I'm just lucky it wasn't my sliding leg. :oops:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

:lol: bit of bad timing there chap.Anywayz sometimes my temper gets the best of me especially when i first started bowling in my old league called the kingpins.Anyway i used to spin my bowls till they scratched,chucked my towl onto my opponents,throw my wrist guard out of the lanes area,smacked the walls right next to the lanes need i continue? :lol:

LATER :twisted:

About 5 yrs ago a mate cracked the shits and threw his wristgaurd into the players area. Problem was it bounced off the chair and struck his team mate under the eye. He was carted off to hospital where he required 5 stitches. His team had to forfiet as the guys daughter was also part of the team. Funniest thing was the next week when the team they were playing all put on full face helmets when about to commence play. Probably the funniest thing i have seen on the lanes.

I have been following the posts for a while and decided that I should add my little comment.

I have never broken anything, but the worst I've done was bowling at Cross Roads in Travel League two months ago I was attempting to spare the 4 - 10 split when I kicked my leg out too far and lost balance. I fell sideways (to the right, which is the arm I bowl with) and landed on my right arm, which jarred and popped out of place. :lol:

I didn't realise what happened, just felt a lot of pain, but still proceeded to bowl another game and a half before we realised and popped it back in. :wink: :!: :!:

Keep the posts coming.

Im dobbing in Macca!! HAHAHHA!! Who today, bowled into the sweep on lane 12 and broke the light fitting! haha...the whole light fitting fell down and the globe smashed all over the deck.
There was then a warning from someone working at the counter to all bowlers, not to bowl until the sweep has completly raised itself. lol.
Nice one Macca! :wink:

~Mrs Storm~ said:
Im dobbing in Macca!! HAHAHHA!! Who today, bowled into the sweep on lane 12 and broke the light fitting! haha...the whole light fitting fell down and the globe smashed all over the deck.
There was then a warning from someone working at the counter to all bowlers, not to bowl until the sweep has completly raised itself. lol.
Nice one Macca! :wink:

From the looks of it he was lucky his Spare Storm's still alive and kicking :lol: Macca tells me that the pins actually started to come back down rather than keep going up and I thought something looked suss because the boom gate and pins were a bit slower. Still, maybe he will be careful, or do like me and just keep doing the same thing wrong :lol: I've seen the light fitting fall off before but it was by itself :? How do you explain that :?

Bubyee

Hahahaha thanks so much Jen!!!

I really still don't know why it started coming back down, guess it just felt like it. Oh well it was an accident thats for sure, I was so phased by it, thats my excuse for losing to you Rowey hehehe :p jokes jokes

Ciao

A couple of people i know like to bounce bowling balls and catch them in one bounce like the ball is a basketball or something :? Funny to watch, though :lol:

Bubyee

Missed the $100 270 game jackpot one night because of a smash 9 pin, almost tore the handle off the bingo machine, told one of my teammates to go for the 2 pins in the gutter at the end of country cup practice one night, his ball bounced up and assainated the flouro tube!!! One of our current juniors booted an as-80 unit so hard one night it blacked out, his pair had to restart their 3 frame old game because the scores couldn't be retrieved. Also broke the out tray on the photocopier during a game of managers office basketball one afternoon(we do things a little different here in Mt Gambier!!)

2nite i broke my bowling ball :mad: :mad:, and had to buy a new one and the funny thing was i bowled a strike with it when it broke

000_0057.jpg

000_0058.jpg

Last night at bowling I ripped half my finger nail off in the 8th frame of the 1st game, blood everywhere. Needless to I had to retire for the night and I have one sore little finger today! Think I should remember to cut my nails before bowling...?

i have a question ........ what centre were you bowling at to get a stike with plastic and break it aswell on the same shot???????? or did you hurl it straight down the guts?????????????

holden said:
i have a question ........ what centre were you bowling at to get a stike with plastic and break it aswell on the same shot???????? or did you hurl it straight down the guts?????????????

well, u get to know the lanes, when u work there, bowled there 3 days a week, and have alot of hook and yeh, i think the ball broke when it hit the pins, because they find the piece in the gutter near the deck, but i will never know, just a question, havent u even gotten a strike with a plastic ball not being rude or a smart ass

yes many with plastic but i try not to use it i pay $300+ for a ball so its nice to be able to use them. but quite often i have to resort to plastic when the handbag release doesnt work. that ball must have had some speed on it!

where to start with the legendary birkett temper! i used to be rly bad! i broke my wrist guard,my grip sacks, my bowling bag, my bowling shoes (constant stamping an kicking) i even threw my ball and it in a wall! lol no that was stupid took a chunk out of me ball right on me track lol!

bones and body wise not much, dislocated thump and sholder thats bout it!

Cheers

Birkett

holden said:
yes many with plastic but i try not to use it i pay $300+ for a ball so its nice to be able to use them. but quite often i have to resort to plastic when the handbag release doesnt work. that ball must have had some speed on it!

the speed is only bout 26Km/h is ave 4 my plastic ball, but yeh, thats wat i think sometimes, and then am getting 3-4 strike in a row with a plastic ball, but the plastic ball hardly get any hook when is at a different centre, so i think thats when my reactive gets used half the time

Back
Top Bottom