Vili's Super League

Well done to Brenton Manning on another 1000 series giving him another $1000.

Not only that but now puts Brenton in a commanding lead of approx. 11 point over myself.

Makes it just a tad too hard to catch in one night.

Well Done Brenton !

Cheers

Tony

Fat chance of that my boy !!

Unless you don't turn up of course !!!

There always the TV shoot-out?

Last week proved very interesting with some jostling for positions into the final round.
The first game looked awesome for many including a 288 for Greg Keep, 289 for Zac Krebbekx, 290 Brenton Manning .....

Brenton Manning stamped his mark on the lead position with a great 1031 series which lifted his bonus money to $3,000 for his 4 1,000 series.

Tony Stoppel who had to stay close got some very unlucky splits to have a 840 series but Greg Keep took the wins from him with a 961 series.
Going into the position each spot moved could be worth anything from $50 to $500 difference
Will the position produce some more 1,000's

Could the league lift it's average to 200 ?
Currently over 2204 games it's average is a pretty impressive 199.54

Don't forget Saturday 4th April 12 noon at Cross Road the TV playoff for a bonus $2,000 in prizemoney - top 5 get automatic entry and everyone else has a one game bowl off for the final position. That person will then draw out of the hat who they play in the first TV game.
Drinks and presentation will take place straight after final game along with the draw for $2,000 worth of travel anywhere you like so you have a one in 23 chance (Vili's name is not included) but you must be there to win the prize. Only people present will have their names included.

Greg Keep
President Vili's Super League
Cross Road Bowl Mondays 6.15pm
0447 225 424

Attachments

• 090316 Vili's Super League week 23 for positional.doc
    52 KB · Views: 21
Congratulation to Brenton on Winning this season Vilis Super league.
Full results will be out after the T.V. finals Saturday 4th April.

Editors note: I made Brenton work for his win. I was 11 points behind and I it came down to the last game. Unfortunately he didn't win any points tonight and I won 7 points and picked up 2.32 on pinfall. I had a 229 last game, if it was a 253 I would have take out the title. Not to worry, still a season for all. As I said earlier Well Done Brenton!

cheers

Tony

Thanks for the season. It was smoothly run.

My only regret would be the pattern used.....as much as I didn't score well (and I may get flamed for not adapting well), I'm not complaining. But I had hoped to bowl on a more challenging pattern (as in heavier volume of oil, blocked off, which would make the playing field level.....as opposed to "whoever has a soft 5 board shot is going to average 230 for the season"). No offense of course to the bowlers that tore it apart, but I just don't think the pattern was universal enough as to suit all types of bowlers.

See you all Saturday week.

My only regret would be the pattern used.....as much as I didn't score well (and I may get flamed for not adapting well), I'm not complaining. But I had hoped to bowl on a more challenging pattern (as in heavier volume of oil, blocked off, which would make the playing field level.....as opposed to "whoever has a soft 5 board shot is going to average 230 for the season"). No offense of course to the bowlers that tore it apart, but I just don't think the pattern was universal enough as to suit all types of bowlers.

not our fault you cant' bowl on a ditch! Maybe you should practice more, maybe using one hand first!

What does our sponsor think!

Toughen up princess........build a bridge!!

cheers

Tony

not our fault you cant' bowl on a ditch! Maybe you should practice more, maybe using one hand first!

What does our sponsor think!

Toughen up princess........build a bridge!!

cheers

Tony

AS POSTED BEFORE.......I'm not complaining about the results I had this year. Yes they were piss poor, but I still maintain the shot was not universal enough. Favoured one type of bowler too much. Besides, why on earth would I want to practise bowling on a ditch? What does that teach you?

There's always one who takes a cheap shot..........the guy who bowls with two hands gets criticised for doing so. As Belmo once quoted, "After one and a half games of bowling one handed, my wrist starts to ache". Look where switching styles took him.

There's a good reason why I bowl the way I do.....my right hand is screwed, I didn't start bowling til I was 18 (and as such I don't have the muscle memory you guys have gained bowling for many a year)......I feel most comfortable using two hands. Not that I have to explain myself to anyone anyway.

As for the sponsor, if you owned a business and had to write off a sh*tload of dollars every year, what would you do? SPONSOR A CASH LEAGUE.....and the only way you can write off dollars is by giving it away. How? Ditch the lanes up so everyone that bounces it off 5 board all night can cash in. Makes good business sense, but does that create skilful bowling? I don't think so. Being the premier league in the country to bowl in, I kind of expected more.

I'm tough enough to take your criticism.....but now take mine. If (and only if) you think you're a great bowler because you average 230 on a ditch, you're only fooling yourself. Yes you have the results from the seniors tour, and kudos to you. But are those patterns really that tough? I'd love to see you down at my events this year.....there will be tough conditions and they won't be favoring any one type of bowler. The most skilful bowler, regardless of shot type, will win.

Well done on finishing second.....but I think the field would have been a little closer had the shot been equally as tough for everyone.

See you Saturday week.

Michael,

I'm not taking cheap shots at you or ash or anyone who struggles on a ditch.

I would bowl on your sport patterns if you were smart enough to put them on days that didn't clash with other events, What Youth, Seniors. You could have put it on the weekend after on the Sunday. Mate I've bowled for over 30 years and seen my share of tough patterns, and some of them I've done ok.

Put down fairer conditions on Vili's, how much difference is it going to make.
OK we wont shoot 230 ave, it might be 215 ave. Does it mean that you guys are going to lift above that because you will have your favourite pattern.

Don't get this impression that I'm a great Bowler as you call me, I'm not, I class myself a bowler who make a difference once and awhile.

As far as bowling 2 hands, that fine with me, bowl with 3 hands if you feel the need, make no difference to me.

I'm just sick of the *****en over the conditions, especially from people that don't even try to overcome, you feel you are duped because you have to bowl down the lane, instead of you winging it out and in.

I am one that really doesn't care what condition is put down, I'll be there no matter what.

cheers

Tony

Here is a interesting quote by Brenton on other post,just recently

There are 2 constants in bowling right handed.

1. The right will always break down faster than the left

2. The right handers will scattergun the condition by playing all their different comfort zones instead of all playing the same area, thus opening up the pattern.

There are also 2 constants in bowling left handed

1. The pattern will hold up a lot longer

2. The few lefties there are will almost invariably play the same zone which will act to open up (eventually) the shot even more (if there is one already there)

Assymetric patterns are not the total answer. The righties will still scattergun the pattern until they all band together to play the same area and open up the track area. Lefties naturally all play the same area and have a smoother playing surface, even on synthetics.

There is one particularly unusual aspect to this debate in respect to tournament players in this country. Nearly all the true greats have been right handed. Looking at the overall records, only Cara Honeychurch as a lefty has a record to compare to Bradford, Batson, Putney, Belmonte, Sullivan etc in an era of supposed left handed domination.

Why is that?

Please don't change to condition - I am only just getting used to it & I want more money at the end of next season ;););):p:p:p

Still for such a ditch no 300's :D

Anyway bring on next season - whatever the condition - we all bowl on the same lanes.

Dave

Why do you need to change the condition????????

Almost a 200 ave. over a stack of games for the whole league.

looks like a very fair condition from the outside.

Just my opinion.

Dolly :)

Just checking the positional and preparing end of season sheet will be out soon
most of you will now looking at this sheet where you ended up.

Greg Keep
0447 225 424

Attachments

• 090316 Vili's Super League week 23.doc
    55 KB · Views: 27
Well there were no more 1,000 series to mark the last night but Tony Stoppel tried his hardest to upset what looked like a very comfortable 11 point lead that Brenton Manning enjoyed going into the positional round.

The final margin just 1.15 points or 65 pins

The top 4 matches were

Tony Stoppel.....defeated.....Brenton Manning.......26.07 pts to 16.25.... (957 - 825)
Zac Krebbekx....defeated.....Louise Ingoe.............21.47 pts to 18.41......(847 - 841)
Greg Keep.........defeated.....David Wyborn...........21.21 pts to 19.35..... (871 - 785)
Dave Kuhn........defeated.....Tony Long ................22.38 pts to 19.33..... (888 - 783)

The TV shoot out is on Saturday 4th April at 12 noon - top 5 automatic One game roll off for 6th position for all members
Presentation straight after last game and the extra draw for $2,000 in travel for all members present at draw only

24 Players for next season 1st night week after Easter 20th April - ALL PRIZES STAY THE SAME INCLUDING BONUS PRIZES which totalled $9,100
overall prizemoney $28,300 approx full details at presentation

Dion Alexander..................Cameron MacKinnon
Steve Barratt.....................Brenton Manning
Matt Bernhardt..................Glenn Maud
Tony Cottrell......................Vili Milisits
Frosty Gorostiaga..............Chris Mowat
Adrian Hill.........................Conor Quail
Louise Ingoe.....................Carlos Quaremba
Peter Jones.......................Tony Stoppel
Greg Keep.........................Jason Turai
Dave Kuhn........................Ashley Warren
Zac Krebbekx....................Joe Weisz
Tony Long.........................Michael Weisz

undecided
Chris Walden
Kim Hodge (depends on shifts for work)
Chris Cummins
?

Greg Keep
0447 225 424

Attachments

• 090323 Vili's Super League week 24 FINAL.doc
    47 KB · Views: 15
Well I think everyone who watched yesterday's playoff and filming for the TV show enjoyed the afternoon and we had a few laughs too.
Big thanks to Tony, Brenton and the crew from the bowling show for taking the time out on their Saturday afternoon for us, and of course our sponsor Vili's Pies and Cakes.
Ashley Warren won his way into the TV show with a nice 258 in the one game roll off to tackle the top 5 players.

Everyone except Ashley Warren and Louise Ingoe had a few shots cross over, but by 3.30 yesterday afternoon Louise had been dubbed the "The Leftie Slayer".
Louise impressed everyone with some very accurate and claim bowling to dispose of both Tony Stoppel and Brenton Manning who for the last 24 weeks had dominated the Vili's Super League with averages of 230.5 and 228.6 respectively. Louise was hovering close behind on a very respectable 223.9.

Game 1 - Ashley Warren.....defeated....Zac Krebbekx.....268 - 188
Game 2 - Greg Keep...........defeated....Ashley Warren....213 - 195
Game 3 - Tony Stoppel.......defeated....Greg Keep..........194 - 193
Game 4 - Louise Ingoe........defeated....Tony Stoppel.......235 - 227
Game 5 - Louise Ingoe........defeated....Breton Manning...258 - 191

Louise takes home a bonus $1500 and Brenton $500 in addition to their league winnings (full payout summary attached) total payout $ 32,263 !!!!!
The regular draw for $2,000 worth of travel went down to wire between Tony Cottrell and Greg Keep, but Ashley drew out Tony's name to give Greg the prize. (thanks Ash)

After the positional round last week the league average over 2,300 games was - 210.02 VERY IMPRESSIVE no matter which hand you hold your balls in......

Next season again has 24 or possibly 25 players so anyone interested in playing for some of this very impressive cash should confirm your spot now
Season starts Monday 20th April at 6.15pm sharp - $60 entry and $30 per week for 4 games.

Greg Keep
0447 225 424

Attachments

• Payout 2009 31 24 players.xls
    115 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom