Vale Eric Challenor

Captain Fudge

"Baby Boomer"
I am very saddened to learn of the passing of Eric Challenor, a coach to many bowlers at Moonah Bowl over many years.

Eric was inducted into the Tasmanian Tenpin Bowling Hall of Fame in 2007 as a member of the winning 1985 Tasmanian Mens Rachuig Team. Eric was the manager of the team.

On a personal note, I will always remember those Sunday morning practice sessions over many years, just the three of us, Eric, Ray Tilla & myself.
Eric got me to change to a 5 step approach which helped me in no small way.

The tradition of the Sunday mornings is now enjoyed by many more, but those early days are special memories for me. Eric helped so many, too many to mention. (We will miss you Ecca) R.I.P.

RIP Eric.

A person that helped many, many people over the years, many of which have made representative teams.

I can still hear his advice when I came back bowling. In his English accent "Stop throwing it like a *****. If you can rev the snot out of it, do it!"

You will be missed.

I fully agree what has has been said about Ekka in this thread RIP old mate
Lefty

RIP Eric, I had the pleasure of bowling with Eric for a couple of years.

He was a wonderful person and will be missed dearly.

xxxxxx

Vale to an old team mate of mine from the Team Hitachi days in Sponsors League.
An absolutely terrific fella was old Ecca, been around the game for decades and coached a lot of the youngsters to learn a lot about the game.
A gentleman finally at rest. Rest in Peace. :)

Back
Top Bottom