Tasmanian Hall of Fame

Cricky

Manila 2009
In Tenpin Bowling Tasmania's night of nights, Ashley Riley was inducted in to the Tasmanian Hall of Fame at the TBT Hall of Fame & 2011 Sports Awards presentation dinner on Saturday night at the Launceston Tramsheds.

Ashley has been Tasmania's most successful and decorated bowler over the past 20 years and just some of his major achievements are listed below :-

Represented Tasmania 23 times in Rachuig – 430 games, 201 Average, High Game 280.
Has the Australian Record for the most 200 games in Rachuig – 215
Captained 18 Tasmanian Rachuig teams and still counting
Captain of the winning Rachuig team in 2009
Made the Rachuig All Stars 5 times
Won 3 Australian Masters
Won Tasmanian Masters 8 times
Member of the 1991 Australian Asian Youth Team – won Gold Medals in Singles, Teams & All Events
Member of the 1992 Australian FIQ Asian Zone Team – won Gold Medal in the Teams
Member of the 1995 Australian World Championships Team
14 x 300 Games

For full details of the night including details of the 2011 Sports Award recipients, visit the TBT web site at http://www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=137

Attachments

• Ash.JPG
    Ash.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 17
Congratulations Ashley your addition to the Hall of Fame is well deserved and could not happen to better person and a great bowler. it should have happened earlier. Sorry I could not be there for your induction.
Well done and cheers from Geoff Vince

In Tenpin Bowling Tasmania's night of nights, Ashley Riley was inducted in to the Tasmanian Hall of Fame at the TBT Hall of Fame & 2011 Sports Awards presentation dinner on Saturday night at the Launceston Tramsheds.

Ashley has been Tasmania's most successful and decorated bowler over the past 20 years and just some of his major achievements are listed below :-

Represented Tasmania 23 times in Rachuig – 430 games, 201 Average, High Game 280.
Has the Australian Record for the most 200 games in Rachuig – 215
Captained 18 Tasmanian Rachuig teams and still counting
Captain of the winning Rachuig team in 2009
Made the Rachuig All Stars 5 times
Won 3 Australian Masters
Won Tasmanian Masters 8 times
Member of the 1991 Australian Asian Youth Team – won Gold Medals in Singles, Teams & All Events
Member of the 1992 Australian FIQ Asian Zone Team – won Gold Medal in the Teams
Member of the 1995 Australian World Championships Team
14 x 300 Games

For full details of the night including details of the 2011 Sports Award recipients, visit the TBT web site at http://www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=137

Congradulations Ashley on your indution to the hall of fame a very well deserved honour.. Just sorry i was not there to see it

About bloody time!

No one is more deserving of this honor. I have learnt alot from this gentleman over the few years i bowled Rachuig and tournaments. It's been a honor to be able to bowl with, and against you Ash.

Photos from the Dinner can be found here

Congratulations again Ashely from the Team at Captured Moments Productions!

Everyone is correct, Ash could not deserve this honour more and I was thrilled to be there to see him be inducted.

However, in response to the comments that it "should have happened sooner", while I love hearing people voicing their opinions on our Hall of Fame and Sports Awards, the committee calls for nominations every year prior to the event. This is the first year that Ash has been nominated. If there are people that you feel should be nominated, get your forms in! :) Unfortunately, no matter how much we try and encourage people to nominate, we continually receive very few nominations outside of the actual Hall of Fame committee. The nomination form has now been uploaded to the TBT website and we are happy to accept nominations all year round.

Thanks
Kassey.

As the closing date for nominations for the Hall of Fame are nearing once again, I wanted to bring this thread back to everyone's attention as so many people seem to have opinions on who should be inducted and/or receive awards on the night, yet so little people actually let their opinions count in the lead up.

If you consider someone worthy of these awards, please forward a nomination into the committee!

Back
Top Bottom