Updated AMF Scoring system

Computer Score is better than anything AMF ever had in the past, from my experience with it, score corrections should also be a thing of the past, it will catch that late falling pin.

AMF in America has just linked up with Qubica, now they should be able to get a good Scoring System.

willey.

Is it possible that like with most things in life now a days, we have created a "McDonalds" type life style and want everything "Fast" ? ](*,) ](*,)

Liz

Look there is no doubt the scoring system is better than the one most centres had before. I'm not disputing that fact at all.

My beef is with the processes used in implementation and delivery of the system.

That is where the troubles and problems lie. All systems and input devices should have been thoroughly checked and accounted for before any installations were done. Afterall I expect that AMF want to project a professional image. That did not happen in this case.

As per normal I am assuming AMF has bought only half the package and is trying to get it to work faultlessly with current AMF equipment ie: cameras, CWC's etc. If this is the case then yes it probably will work like a pig because the 2 systems are barely compatible. Computer Score is being used at Narre Warren. Mooroolbark, Altona, and alot of other independant centres and they work perfectly. The system is arguably the best scoring going around but unless AMF has the full system then it wont work properly.

Matthew Lambrick

I haven't seen it in action at an AMF centre so can't comment on how they have installed. I can say that I have worked with Computer Score for almost 8 years and found it to be very user friendly. Everything mentioned in this post as being unable to change / do are things that obviously haven't been set up properly as the staff haven't yet been trained. Recaps, score changes, line up changes, skipping a bowler and blind scores are all very easily implemented.

If there are problems at the moment it must come from the sheer cariety of systems and hardware that were being run by AMF. I have great faith in the boys at computer score, having seen the program develop over the years. I'm sure that they will work as quickly and efficiently as possible with AMF to get it all working at 100%.

In the mean time, come and see the scoring system work as it should at either our Altona or Narre Warren centres.

Luke

I must give huge wraps to Computer Score as well. Is a great Australian Product that should be a hit world wide. I have been using computer score for about 6 years and the system is excellent. Again, AMF must be in the implementation stage of installation, and have initially installed just the base level of the software. The back office portion is huge I know for the centre management. For us bowlers, it does offer a whole lot. Be patient and let them finish introducing it, and you will see.

I'm not sure about everybody else, but being able to recap scores isn't what makes league bowling enjoyable for me.

Hi everyone
i started this subject and feel great that ppl are responding to it as it is a matter that does concern all. I am on the committee in my league and for us as bowlers okay it will be getting used to i agree, but was there any consideration given to any bowlers????

This system may be for the better but why cant we change our line up or put blind scores in etc? i found last week in our league and also because of the start of the school holidays staff were run off there feet with kids running all over the centre and we had 2 not just 1 lane break down with this new system and it was very poorly handled, need less to say i will not mention the league or staff that i know so well.

how else is everyone feeling about this? Also as far as i am told every centre in Victoria will also be getting the new system also.

Chaz

I think some centres should think themselves lucky they get considered for updates sooner than others.

Just think when it all beds down how much better it will be while other centres are still waiting to be considered. (or even left out all together)

Kinda gets annoying when so many bowlers complain about developments their centre makes when other centres have to put up with the bare minimum.

Have to remember also most of these decisions would be coming from Head office not your local managment. And they have to fall into their deadlines not the other way round. Rome wasn't built in a day and the powers that be really can't afford the little things to bother them when the bigger picture is the ultimate Goal. To have a successful empire pawns are going to get squashed. Show your bowl a little patience and I'm sure the staff will respond more positively - last thing we need is more bitchy casuals behind the counter - and this is exactly what will happen if bowlers give them attitude for things out of their control.

My centre doesn't have the latest and greatest technology, Doesn't bother me. in fact its more humbling knowing that we are part of a centre that doesn't get much and has the quality of Staff, Bowlers and people that make the centre a success and not by its Assets or particulars but the dedication showed by its supporters.

I say bring on the new technology and just bloody appreciate what you get cos I know there are some centres who have been waiting years for even the smallest of upgrades.

The upgrades are all good Buzz but when your league runs 15-20 mins late cause you have to go to the counter for every score correction and pin deck resetting starts to become very annoying. Why didn't AMF head office do there research a little better with the software. If we try and change the scores down on the lane we may lose our scores altogether. There is nothing worse than having a late falling pin then having to go and stand at the counter for 2-3mins while waiting to be served just to get a score correction. Last night in the last frame of the night it took 6 mins to correct a score. This is the issue not that the new system is in, the time it takes to get a a score correction done.

I know dandy hasn't had any upgrades yet but when they do and you need to do score corrections and new decks and you have to go to the counter you and fellow bowlers will find it very annoying.

My thoughts may not mean much but since this system has came in i have seen only dis-advantages not one positive has come out of it yet..

Alan Notman

Alan
I havn't seen what AMF has installed,but i think that the staff are not upto speed yet and are holding back a little with the system. Sale has Computor Score and you can do anything with it,including any form of championships with all events and take your highest series or first attempt.When you and Jenny come down ill show how good it is from the lanes and then tell me what AMF are not letting you do. :) ;) ;)
Gunther

I here what your saying Alan and must admit we had a similar problem when our keyboard consoles were changed over a while back and yes it was annoying. not being able to change your own scores is hell ;)

I work in the IT profession so I may be looking into this in a different perspective as I constantly have to put up with different environments and outcomes for similar upgrades.

the problem is I believe are upgrades possibly have not been done on similar environments in the past so each upgrade is something new- testing would cost far too much could you imagine AMF testing every scenario in each centre across Australia to get it right the first time. Every time. if they did this where would the money come from. They'd have to jack prices up.
Then everyone would be happy right ? :-?
We all know every AMF centre is not the same when it comes to scoring, lanes, machinery and so on. so when upgrading every centre to be identical is going to have many different outcomes and problem solving to be addressed. And I'm sure they have invested enough money into these elements to not put our prices up.

Prices are high enough without running the risk of getting any higher.

You should see some of the problems when upgrading Banking corporations and accounting firms. AMF's upgrade problems are nothing compared to other business'. So saying that AMF is not doing there job properly I am just here saying that they are no different to most others out there.

Every situation can be handled better i know theres always a better solution that goes with out saying. Geez I have just been informed today in another post that this world isn't perfect - DUH!!!! - you don't say. but honestly blaming AMF for problems I see happening every day I don't beleive are waranted.

Knox have have had their upgrade and we did not even know it :D We were able to do our normal change's and every thing and it's only through this post i relised we have been upgraded. So it can work ok ;)

Staff been trained on the job but never affected customer's as i saw it, at Knox. So well done Girl's :rolleyes:

Gary.......................

as far as i know, correct me if i'm wrong, but these 'upgrades' are the Computer Score Back Office System mixed with an AMF 'Accuscore' or similar scoring system. ???

back when i was working at Kedron up here in QLD, we had an upgrade of exactly that. AMF's infamous Accuscore scoring system mixed with the latest version of Computer Score at the control desk. this would have been done about 3 years ago now. it did take a little while to iron out some faults, and there still are some faults still to this day.

i have to say, once properly trained on the system, i know i found it a whole lot easier to use both behind the counter and at the lane's consoles. the only thing that you cannot do from the console is change a line-up (which is much easier to have done at the control desk), or reset the pins (because the buttons have been de-activated). the pins can just be reset at the ball return anyway.

the biggest benefit in my opinion is that you end up with some you-beaut looking standing sheets which can be done as soon as the last lane(s) are cleared. and what's more is that once AMF have completed their upgrades, you can actually have your standing sheets displayed online. i'm sure AMF might have a section on their website for standing sheets soon. (maybe???)

while it would be great to have a complete upgrade to Computer Score all-round, ladies and gents, you will find this is the closest to the best in an upgrade in the long run. and for the record, i no longer have any association with the company.

happy bowling people !!

Jason

I bowl at Chadstone and they have had the new system running for a few weeks now.
My only dislikes about it is the fact that as others have pionted out you have to go to the counter staff to make changes to your line up change bowlers, fix scores ect.

It was so much easier when team caps could enter the system and change these things and especially when we could recap at the end of the night. I have gone back to having to pull the calculator out again to telly up the score sheet at the end of the night (Is this what they call Technology?)
but what can you expect from AMF!!!!!

when they implemented the new scoring system at Mooroolbark , they set up a computer on the front counter with the scoring system on it , so all league bowlers and center staff could have a play with the system , find out what it could and couldn't do and gain feedback from the customers ( league bowlers ) on anything that needed to be added or removed before it was put in place. Surely a company lik AMF could do something along these lines , before upsetting the customers.

" if the ten stands it wasn,t quite right "

DEar Chunkster

AMF should have done their research better - it would have given all us bowlers a better idea of the 'system' that they were bringing in.

After many weeks using the system - Yeah we are all getting use to using it and initially it was a pain but not now. :)

catch ya round
Chaz

What a joke half the bowlers didnt know how the old system worked. Why the sudden concern with a new system. It works fine just normal teething issues which have all be resolved. Lets get over it its not a issue.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom