Tournament nominations

Do you think there should be a non-refundable deposit paid for tournament nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Yes, but only non refundable a month from tourney

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Yes, but only non refundable a week from tourney

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
I voted no and I think the solution is fairly simple.

Using the Sunraysia Cup as an example......we have a list of 97 names, 65 of which bowled the tournament. Next year we have this list at our disposal. If anyone that had their name down this year and pulled out puts their name down next year their name will not go onto the squad list until they pay a deposit.

This way we do not have an inflated squad list followed by deflated tounament organisers. We have a more realistic expectation of the tournament.

One of the excuses for pulling out of the Sunraysia Cup that confuses me a little was....."I would have had to take the Friday off work to bowl but if the holiday was on the Monday then taking the Friday off to travel would have been ok.":confused:

Rob

Find a good wall & keep banging ya head on it....Gave up trying to work out bowlers reasoning years ago.

bowlrig
Re: Tournament nominations

Using the Sunraysia Cup as an example......we have a list of 97 names, 65 of which bowled the tournament. Next year we have this list at our disposal. If anyone that had their name down this year and pulled out puts their name down next year their name will not go onto the squad list until they pay a deposit.

This way we do not have an inflated squad list followed by deflated tounament organisers. We have a more realistic expectation of the tournament.

One of the excuses for pulling out of the Sunraysia Cup that confuses me a little was....."I would have had to take the Friday off work to bowl but if the holiday was on the Monday then taking the Friday off to travel would have been ok."
Rob

Like WTF???

Animal
You won`t win Rob.
Animal

Animal, Rob will win, he owns the bowl, he has the final say in who bowls and who doesn't!!!

In my opinion, I think that deposits should be paid. It is a way of securing your spot in the squad and the tournament. For those bowlers that are serious about bowling, they will make the necessary arrangements to get time off work and make the necessary arrangements to find accommodations and travel whether it be by car or plane or bus.

I know that it can be hard when it comes to last minute circumstances that may come up, however all employees of a corporation or goverment department must take leave through out the year. There is absolutely no reason why time can't be arrange off so long as it is done in a timely manner and in a appropriate time frame. As you are on leave from work then there should be arrangements made by the person if not the organisation you work for to have someone do the job you are doing. Ok this can't be done in every case but in most cases it can be.

I think also that when names are put forward to bowl in a tournament, then the name shouldn't be listed until a deposit has been paid. This may pose a problem for those that are looking to bowl the tournament don't know how many bowlers have paid deposits but havent been updated on the squad listing. Having said this though, it doesn't mean that the names can't be listed but when the deposit is paid then the bowlers name is written in bold writing to indicate payment of the deposit. Then the bowlers out there know how many certain starters there are and how many possible spots that are left.

I don't think that the deposit for a tournament necessarily needs to be paid at the same time the entry is sent in but the deposit should be paid in a timely manner. If the bowler has to pull out, then if it isn't deemed a satisfactory reason for pulling out, then the deposit should either be refunded or not refunded depending on the decision of the tournament director.

Just my Opinion.

DAVID SNIEDZE

bowlrig

One of the excuses for pulling out of the Sunraysia Cup that confuses me a little was....."I would have had to take the Friday off work to bowl but if the holiday was on the Monday then taking the Friday off to travel would have been ok."
Rob

Like WTF???

Animal
You won`t win Rob.
Animal

Animal, Rob will win, he owns the bowl, he has the final say in who bowls and who doesn't!!!

In my opinion, I think that deposits should be paid. It is a way of securing your spot in the squad and the tournament. For those bowlers that are serious about bowling, they will make the necessary arrangements to get time off work and make the necessary arrangements to find accommodations and travel whether it be by car or plane or bus.

I know that it can be hard when it comes to last minute circumstances that may come up, however all employees of a corporation or goverment department must take leave through out the year. There is absolutely no reason why time can't be arrange off so long as it is done in a timely manner and in a appropriate time frame. As you are on leave from work then there should be arrangements made by the person if not the organisation you work for to have someone do the job you are doing. Ok this can't be done in every case but in most cases it can be.

I think also that when names are put forward to bowl in a tournament, then the name shouldn't be listed until a deposit has been paid. This may pose a problem for those that are looking to bowl the tournament don't know how many bowlers have paid deposits but havent been updated on the squad listing. Having said this though, it doesn't mean that the names can't be listed but when the deposit is paid then the bowlers name is written in bold writing to indicate payment of the deposit. Then the bowlers out there know how many certain starters there are and how many possible spots that are left.

I don't think that the deposit for a tournament necessarily needs to be paid at the same time the entry is sent in but the deposit should be paid in a timely manner. If the bowler has to pull out, then if it isn't deemed a satisfactory reason for pulling out, then the deposit should either be refunded or not refunded depending on the decision of the tournament director.

Just my Opinion.

DAVID SNIEDZE

Back
Top Bottom