Tournament Gradings

Loose Cannon

Bowlers always have time to spare.
After a long layoff from the sport (19 years) i have finally got myself a good reactive ball and long term plans for me is to bowl in some tournaments to gain some valuable experience again . Back in the day i remember going to tournaments in bateau bay,gosford,belconnen,shellharbour,campbelltown city bowl,orange,goulburn & wagga to name just a few, sadly last two no longer around

When i last bowled I was a junior way back in the 90's gradings in tournaments were naturally reflected on your league average . If i remember rightly a jnr open bowler had to have an average of 190 and over, at the time i was graded in A grade as i had an average at the time of 175. I think add 10 pins to these figures which roughly equated to mens gradings in tournaments.

As i have found out the sport has changed so much over the years ive been away with ball and lane technology etc ,just wanted to check if tournament gradings have changed much over the years also.

I have in front of me a couple of different junior tournament entry forms.

OPEN BOYS> 170 & up
OPEN GIRLS > 155 & up

OPEN BOYS > 180 & up
OPEN GIRLS > 170 & up

You would have been in OPEN grade nowaday. Times & averages have changed with regards to junior tournaments these days.

Cheers
Mrs P.

Back
Top Bottom