To all the lefty bashers

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Are you happy now?
Melbourne Cup was a good one to bowl if you're right-handed..LOL

See yas at Bankstown

As displayed in the Pro-Shop window the Lane Condition was both the same on the Right as it was on the Left.
May-be we should have made the Left even easier.
Is that fair to the entire field ????????

The better bowlers finished at the Top !

Andrew,
You don't get it mate...I'm not complaining. Just wanted to let everyone know that the left side doesn't present an advantage at EVERY tournament. I knew I'd be in for a rough time going in as Ed Fleming Lanes usually favour the righties. I bowled anyway, because I'm not afraid of a challenge. Did you notice the lack of left handed competitors? If it were not for a piss poor 165 final game, I would've joined Brenton in the cash line, but instead I bowled like crap..Oh well, that's bowling for ya!
ps...graphs mean very little

oooooooh poor wayne

you mean to say the lefties were out of business ONCE this year

my heart bleeds

Wayne you old stirrer!!!!!!!!

I am assuming this was a deliberate ploy to get the number of posts up. Fancy giving the righties that type of ammo! All I can say is that Romeo, Allsopp, Rodrick etc, must hav eknown something 'cos there was no sign of them. It is not the first time I have finished as the top lefty and been so far out of contention in this centre. Indeed, I only went this year 'cos I thought the Kegel machine would equalise the condition. I have to think it has something to do with the lane topography, cos IF (and I do mean IF) the graph was accurate, then there is no other explanation as to the disparity between the lefties and the righties.

That said, congatulations to Mike Muir for a dominant performance over the entire weekend as was indicated by his final game of 268 for the win. Well done indeed.

Topography???? You are kidding me right

I know about topography, so dont think i dont, but did either yourself Brenton or Wayne think that with only 7 lefties in the field of 120, spread over 4 squads, that the lanes wouldn't "open up" for your shot???

Maybe its just me being crazy, but didn't nearly all the field of right handers bowl better when they had the carry down from the squad that went on after the squad that had the wash and oil???

Sure topography would play a part, but i honestly think that it isn't that bad.

OK what about the AO, where were all the righ handers there??? cry cry, whah whah, now its my turn to complain, but i wont cause i am not that shallow

ROY
icon_mad.gif

OK Roy. There are some serious flaws to your argument.

1) The highest scoring squad was Squad 1 on day 1, no carry down, no track opened up by a previous squad.

2) The disparity I mentioned has a history at Mooroolbark at Melbourne Cup time. Indeed only one lefty has ever won there (Brenton Manning actually) and it is considered a right hander friendly centre when it sets up the Melbourne Cup condition. That in itself I don't have a problem with.

3) You might also have a look at recent history at Sunshine. Indeed the previous 2 years at the AO, only one lefty made the cut in those 2 years out of a considerably larger contingent of lefties. As a result, this years condition was probably to be expected. It usually runs 2 years on, 2 years off at Sunshine for the lefties.

Besides, you only need to look at the Fox telecast to see that the condition was tough on both sides. For Cara to dominate as she did is yet another credit to her ability to grind out a score even when the condition isn't wide open.

She probably would have made the cut at Mooroolbark as well. That is not the point however that Wayne and I were making and if you would just remove the right handed blinkers for a short while, you would see that.

I don't know who you are so I can't dispute whether or not you do know anything about lane topography. What I do know is that without a readout of the lane topography, and the dispersion of the cleaner etc, the graph posted at a tournament site is only a partial insight as to the evenness of the condition and where the shot really is.

Back
Top Bottom