How much better is it to be left handed

bigman

i think its great im a left and just wanna see how many of use are out there.
i dont no many leftys out there so i was just wondering i think its much easyer to bowl left handed dont have to worry much about getting lines destroyed and all.

It's usually all or nothing on the left side of the lane. Lefties can be shut out much easier than the righthanders can. But on the flip side, the average 'house condition' tends to favour the lefthanded bowler over the righthander.

Roughly 7-10% of the population is left handed - so if TBA has 18,000 members [which is around the number I believe] about 1600 or so are lefties. On this basis it's been my long held personal view that people like Lovell should never be allowed to win more than 7-10% of any prize pool and bowlers as good as George should be banned from 90% of majors - I mean - it's only fair!!!

I am a proud Lefty and have for 38 years i have put up with right handers whinging about lefties having an advantage
In the old days of timber lanes you might be able to argue that as lanes got worn due to high traffic that lefties had a newer surface to bowl on
That aside i do not believe we have any advantage, In fact Right handers should be better at moving and adjusting quicker than lefties because there are move of them.
Having said that what is the explanation for singles matches on newly oiled lanes etc when lefties do so well against righties and all the whinging happens ??
Oh yes thats right the left hand side of the lane is always oiled differently to block out the right handers and favour the lefties !!!
In many sports involving balls and hand to eye coordination it has been proven that left handers produce above average results.
I am not sure if that is true but it has been said many times and there are many examples of this in many other sports.

Well being left handed i cant comment what the condition is on the right,maybe on certain conditions the left has held up better than the right,on the other hand there have been tournaments i have bowled in where the right handers have dominated. Each to there own. I have been bagged many times from some bowlers that im left handed and have a advantage etc.. I have even been bagged from some LEFT handers as well so work that out. I let it go over my head and im in my own little world when im on the approach and do my best whatever condition they throw at me :)

yeh ive been bagged for being a left lol its funny smetimes cuz i am scoring higher in some of those times i sorter see lefts as a slight advantage but yeh the rights probley more skills in been ablew to change easy cuz im guessing they have to do it all the time i love being left handed its the best there is lol. hahah

In many sports involving balls and hand to eye coordination it has been proven that left handers produce above average results.
I am not sure if that is true but it has been said many times and there are many examples of this in many other sports.

That's why the Professional Golf Tour is littered with left handers. bahahahahahaha

3 left handers in the 100 world rankings hahahaha

With there being no advantage between right hander or a left hander in golf, this is perfect example.

How many of those right handed golfers are actually left handed... :p

Not that I'm any good at Whack F@*?, I'd be one of these...

David Graham started as a lefty and his golf coach told him he'd make a better player being a righty, so he changed ... and won the US Open. Go figure ...

the only good thing about being a leftie would be pretending it was someone else doing it ;)

Shayne,
the post makes perfect sense... Golf may not be the sport where a lot of right handed hitters are left handed but cricket is... Michael Clarke is Left Handed but bats right handed, alot of the commentators call him a true left hander because of this... same with mike hussey, he bats left handed but does everything else right handed...
Back to bowling, i personally dont see a difference between being left or right handed, both have advantages and both have disadvantages its the work that people put into the game that makes them better than the others...

Somehow you 'see' different from that side. Prob explains why i can get over on the gutter when im messin about on the left but not the best on the right at that these days. I think what eye you are domnant with has an effect whatever side the ball comes from. Golf will be easy for me in a couple yrs from the left, got a good feel on the left that seems to be missing on the lanes at the moment. I love working that ball from right to left i just dunno where the accidental striaght drive comes from yet!!

I am a proud Lefty and have for 38 years i have put up with right handers whinging about lefties having an advantage
In the old days of timber lanes you might be able to argue that as lanes got worn due to high traffic that lefties had a newer surface to bowl on
That aside i do not believe we have any advantage, In fact Right handers should be better at moving and adjusting quicker than lefties because there are move of them.
Having said that what is the explanation for singles matches on newly oiled lanes etc when lefties do so well against righties and all the whinging happens ??
Oh yes thats right the left hand side of the lane is always oiled differently to block out the right handers and favour the lefties !!!
yes i totally agree i would like to point out some advantages and some of the down sides, first . lefties usually have a much better swing, 2nd. timing seems to be better.3rd not many playing on thier side of the lane.NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS, they die younger, im with you steve jones. always careing otty.

yes i totally agree i would like to point out some advantages and some of the down sides, first . lefties usually have a much better swing, 2nd. timing seems to be better.3rd not many playing on thier side of the lane.NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS, they die younger, im with you steve jones. always careing otty.

Please explain how you can justify this??

Not being a smart ass, just curious as to how you come to this conclusion.

Your post makes no sense. I would guess that all the right handers would be right handed.

Maybe I should have elaborated a little more... I am Left handed... write, bowl (both cricket and tenpin),play racquet sports and throw left handed however I play golf and bat (cricket/ baseball) right handed.

Not sure if this counts but I also kick predominantly with my right foot.

Great question Roysa - and I WILL be a smart arse [note correct spelling] - so OTT I give you 3 examples of lefties who's timing is in the toilet Steve Bell, John Lilley [the Victorian ex Squash Bowl one], Ian Bradford [remember when] ....oh make it 4 ..add Lovell....who at the line looks like a waddling duck - or is that what he looks like on the way to the line - it's been so long since he was on the lanes I can't be sure!? Just because most every other leftie in history who averages 180+ has a swing like silk and moves life Fred Astaire has NOTHING to do with it!

Jones and Ott,
You ex victorians suck. I've had enough of your comments about left handers. We cannot help been so accurate. When we first started we had to hit the spot, not like the 10 board area you righties had, that is why we are so good. By the way Jones I think Bradford was right handed. If every leftie averages 180+ that's 15 pins above your best. Talk soon.
Cheers Lovey

Back
Top Bottom