The Wrestling Thread

I really like TNA at the moment, wwe has no stories/fueds I could care about any more. However TNA need to start working out what is going to work in wrestling and what doesn't. Speaking of what won't work - anyone got the latest on a when/if they are starting an ECW revival in TNA (Dreamer, Raven, Dudleys, Stevie)?

I've heard little on that but I have heard that the ECW revival isn't part of the "Big change" that Dixie Carter has been eluding too. However (Someone may have to correct me here) Tommy Dreamer has signed a TNA contract so he will be making an impact (with Raven and Stevie backing him up obviously). If an ECW revival does happen I deffinitly see Bubba going over, not so much D Von. Looks like they are starting a D Von vs Bubba feud over Jessie Neal (don't know if it's the case but it certainly seems like its heading for it).

The one thing TNA has to get rid of is "The Band" so over thier crap.

Good to see Jay Lethal is getting the push he deserves too, Seriously his Ric Flair impersonation is impecable. That should be his new gimmick, impersonating his opponent to piss them off hahahah
He has provided some of the funniest TV in wrestling since The Rock was picking on Stephanie McMahon.

No offence guys but I have noticed that TNA barely gets a mention on here, Now I have been an avid fan of wrestling for over 2 decades (and yes I knew about the "staged" parts of it for most of that) and in recent months I have been more and more impressed with the TNA roster.

They have lured in some big names and a lot of the storylines and gimmicks are worth merit (Not as overused as the Cena is invincible gimmick IMHO). They are using the older guys to showcase the skills of the younger guys in there and seem to push the right people at thr right time. (For one the actually found a way to utilize Mr Anderson (Kennedy WWE) and D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke WWE) efectively) not to mention the spectacular talent they have on roster particularly the X Division.

They don't seem to be afraid of non-PG storylines and action, namely they are the only company I have seen where the female competitors seem willing to get just as nasty as the guys (Example Taylor Wilde and Daffney in a 1000 tacks match). Something the WWE is leaning away from as they have noticed thier main audience are children and women (60%) where as TNA is tapping into the other side of the market which being they are the "underdog" is probably the best approach.

If you haven't given TNA a chance watch Impact 10:30pm on Saturday nights on FOX 8 (for those with pay tv) I would like to think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

No offence guys but I have noticed that TNA barely gets a mention on here, Now I have been an avid fan of wrestling for over 2 decades (and yes I knew about the "staged" parts of it for most of that) and in recent months I have been more and more impressed with the TNA roster.

They have lured in some big names and a lot of the storylines and gimmicks are worth merit (Not as overused as the Cena is invincible gimmick IMHO). They are using the older guys to showcase the skills of the younger guys in there and seem to push the right people at thr right time. (For one the actually found a way to utilize Mr Anderson (Kennedy WWE) and D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke WWE) efectively) not to mention the spectacular talent they have on roster particularly the X Division.

They don't seem to be afraid of non-PG storylines and action, namely they are the only company I have seen where the female competitors seem willing to get just as nasty as the guys (Example Taylor Wilde and Daffney in a 1000 tacks match). Something the WWE is leaning away from as they have noticed thier main audience are children and women (60%) where as TNA is tapping into the other side of the market which being they are the "underdog" is probably the best approach.

If you haven't given TNA a chance watch Impact 10:30pm on Saturday nights on FOX 8 (for those with pay tv) I would like to think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I have got to agree I prefer TNA to WWE at the moment i'm so over the same storylines being repeated over and over again.
I still watch WWE but i find myself hanging out for TNA every week and I love how the women actually wrestle not just look fluff around like "laycool"

TNA Victory Road 2010 Results

Ultimate X/Submission match for the X Division Title

Brian Kendrick vs Douglas Williams (c)
Winner : Douglas Williams (Retains) Via Submission (Modified Cobra Clutch)

3 Way Dance

Brother Ray vs Brother D-Von Vs Jessie Neal
Winner : Brother Ray Via Pinfall (on Jessie Neal)

Title Vs Career Match for the TNA Knockouts Championship
(If "The Beautiful People" interfere Title changes hands via DQ)

Madison Rayne (c) vs Angelina Love
Winner : Angelina Love (New Champ) Via DQ

Tag Team Match (Mystery Opponents)

AJ Styles and Kazarian Vs "The Freak" Rob Terry and Samoa Joe
Winners : AJ Styles and Kazarian (AJ Styles pined Rob Terry)

Steel Cage Match

Matt Morgan Vs Hernandez
Winner : Hernandez (Door Escape)

Jay Lethal Vs Ric Flair
Winner : Jay Lethal Via Submission (Figure 4 Leglock)

TNA Tag Team Title Match (Vacant)

Motor City Machineguns Vs Beer Money Inc
Winners : Motor City Machineguns (New Champs) Via Pinfall

Kurt Angle Vs "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Winner : Kurt Angle Via Submission (Ankle Lock)

TNA World Championship
Fatal 4 Way

Abyss Vs Jeff Hardy Vs Mr Anderson (Anderson) Vs Rob Van Dam (c)
Winner : Rob Van Dam (Retains) via pinfall on Mr Anderson (wait for it...... wait for it..... ANDERSON!)

Didn't watch it myself, can be bothered with PPV lol!
I wanted to know the results, thought others might be interested.

Hanging for this weeks Impact now, there is going to be massive blow back aout Jay Lethal and Angelina Love winning thier respective matches.

Didn't watch it myself, can be bothered with PPV lol!
I wanted to know the results, thought others might be interested.

Hanging for this weeks Impact now, there is going to be massive blow back aout Jay Lethal and Angelina Love winning thier respective matches.

I wonder how Abss is going to handle his loss who is the "THEY" he keeps going on about

Speculation is that the "they" Abyss is talking about IS NOT the ECW guys.

Thats a totally different angle. The reason that one is taking so long is they are still in discussions with Paul Heyman.

The Abyss thing co-incides with this "Big change" Dixie Carter keeps talking about apparently.

For those who didn't watch RAW this week had better catch a recap....

Even Bourne got hit with an RKO DURING the "Air Bourne" Shooting star press!

WWE Money in the Bank Results

WWE Womens Championship

Layla (C) Vs Kelly Kelly

Winner : Layla (retains) via Pinfal

WWE Divas Championship

Alica Fox (C) Vs Eve

Winner : Alicia Fox (Retains) Via Pinfal

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship

The Hart Dyanasty w/ Natalya (c) Vs The Uso's W/Tamina

Winners : The Hart Dynasty (Retains) Via Submission (Sharpshooter)

Smackdown Money In The Bank

Big Show Vs Kofi Kingston Vs Christian Vs Dolf Ziggler Vs Matt Hardy Vs Kane Vs Drew McIntyre Vs Cody Rhodes

Winner : Kane

Raw Money In The Bank

Randy Orton Vs Evan Bourne Vs The Miz Vs Mark Henry Vs John Morrison Vs Edge Vs Chris Jericho Vs Ted DiBiase

Winner : The Miz

World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio (c) Vs Jack Swagger

Winner : Rey Mysterio (retains) Via Pinfall

Kane cashes in his Money in the bank contract....

World Heavyweight Championship

Kane Vs Rey Mysterio (c)

Winner : Kane (New Champ) Via Pinfall

WWE Championship
Steel Cage Match

John Cena Vs Sheamus (C)

Winner : Sheamus (Retains) Via Climb Out (Cena was held off the ground by members of The Nexus)

GREAT to see Kane as champ. Many years overdue!!

Indeed, It's been quite some time since Kane had a good push. Without the Undertaker around I could think of no one better to fill the void.

I'm also liking Randy Orton's "Anti-Hero" push. He hasn't changed his persona at all, just changed his targets putting him over with the fans.

Back
Top Bottom