The Wrestling Thread

The Nexus was one of the dumbest ideas ever. None of those guys are terribly good or entertaining (Justin Gabriel completly screwed up the second 450 he did on the Big Show last week).

The funny thing is Orton hasn't changed his in ring personality at all in the last 8 months... Like the 'Taker his fan response is based on who he is feuding with.

And yes I am also enjoying Edge's "War on Stupidity".

I have noticed this thread doesn't give TNA a chance... I think they should be given equal billing of late as they are doing some great things for pro wrestling as a whole.

I love TNA i watch it every sunday morning (tape sat night) and i perfer it to wwe at the moment i'm just over nexus and the crap with vicki and that stupid little man whos name escapes me and laycool i'm just over it

You mean Mr Ziggles? (best nick name i've heard for Dolph Ziggler... gotta love John Morrison for that one)

10/10/10 should be a big one for TNA (waits for Bound for Glory results on Monday :))

And Laycool has absolutely nothing on the Beautiful People (Angelina Love and Velvet Sky) :D

i'm so looking forward to bound for glory
Laycool is lame as have nothing on the ring entrance of the beautiful people ;)

OMG OMG OMG
I just read the results from Bound for glory
- Tag Team Title: MCMG def. Generation Me
- Knockouts Title: Tara becomes the new champion
- Ink Inc def. Eric Young and Orlando Jordan
- X Divison Title: Jay Lethal def. Douglas Williams
- Monster's Ball: Rob Van Dam def. Abyss
- Handicap Match: Sting, Kevin Nash & The Pope def. Samoa Joe & Jeff Jarrett
- Team 3D announced they are retiring as a tag team
- Lethal Lockdown: EV2 def. Fourtune
- Main Event: Jeff Hardy def. Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson to become the NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion! THEY were Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Eric Bischoff, Abyss and Jeff Jarrett!!!!
OMG OMG OMG THEY were hogan, Hardy, Bischoff, Abyss and Jarrett so didn't see that coming
can't wait for sat night now :)

Im wondering with this Undertaker/Kane storyline could mean a change in character for The Undertaker, going back to the American Bad Ass days. Should he lose the buried alive match, it could mean that both Taker and WWE are looking to the future and how Taker can stay involved in the business after he retires. Wouldn't make sense if Taker made TV appearances for his induction into the Hall of Fame, or any appearances he'd make on Raw or Smackdown (perhaps as GM, as unlikely as it sounds) as the Deadman persona after he retires from the ring.

He can't retire
thats just a disturbing thought i love the undertaker
a lot of people didn't like the american bad ass persona.....me i dont know cause i didn't watch the wrestling back then

The Deadman persona is deffinitly his staple but the American Bad Ass one worked at the time he came back. Personally the Deadman one isn't one he is going to be able to maintain, and given the story between him and Kane going back to the Big Evil seems his most likely action.

Now the WWE's concience (Taker) as GM..... That sounds interesting.

My Bragging rights prediction... Raw GM purposely traded Edge to smackdown so he could screw over the Smackdown team like Big Show did to Raw last year.

3rd of april is coming - WM XXVII predictions people?

Edge
HHH
CM Punk
Jerry Lawler
Sheamus

and the big one - CENA......gets screwed by Rock, they have a year long fued. In between Cena eventually wins the title, Rock wins the 2012 royal rumble and the stage is set for WM XXVIII

oh and the other matches - don't care. Seriously though, this is looking like a Summerslam card, not a mania card. Any hardcore matches, TLC matches, ladder matches - those ones that make the night memorable? Hanging the event on The rock, HHH/Undertaker and Michaels HoF induction isn't going to make it as memorable as a spear through a flaming table, a swanton through a ladder or even a 60 minute iron man match.

I think orton will beat cm punk but i reckon chris jericho will come back and put the walls of jericho on orton in retaliation for punting him about 3 months ago.

Lawler will beat the unbearable cole but i reckon ref stone cold steve austin will make it a lumberjack match epecially all the wrestlers cole has tried his ankle lock on prior to (ie r truth etc)

Del rio will win because its his destiny :p

Still thinking how the others will pan out, will watch raw & smackdown this week for more clues.

My Predictions

Cena to Beat Miz for WWE Championship, with the Rock making a comeback in 2012
Edge to Beat Del Rio for Heavyweight
Trish Stratus, Snooki and John Morrison to be Laycool and Dolph Ziggler
Undertaker to beat HHH and go 19-0
King to SMASH Michael Cole
RKO to beat CM Punk
Daniel Bryan to beat Sheamus
Rey Mysterio to beat Cody Rhodes
Big Show, Kane, Santino and Koslov to beat The Corre

wonder what that would pay in a multibet? :p

Bringing this back to the top again.

I would like to say, HOW GOOD IS WWE RIGHT NOW WITH THE WHOLE CM PUNK STORY???

I am loving it, Punk is the best character since Stone Cold, I can see a face turn for him very soon.

Back
Top Bottom