The End Of Ranked Events for WA?

Mr_RG

RotoNation...
With the closing of Fairlanes being instigated for next year and the possible end of the Perth Cup, will this be the end for ranked events being held here in Western Aust?

I mean we lost Cannington Classic last year, and now the possibility of Perth Cup going as well. What will happen? :confused:

Not only will we lose Perth Cup, but there will be no Gold Cup or Christmas Doubles.
This means we will basically have no tournaments other than state ran events such as state masters and state championships.
The only hope is that AMF or Superbowl decide to run a scratch event for the few bowlers that would be interested. Maybe Superbowl could look at relaunching the WA Open or AMF the Grand Prix series that was seen a few years back.
Anyway, thank you Sue and staff at Fairlanes for the hospitality you have showed me over the years, one of the few bowls that actually had the bowlers as their first priority.
Cheers
Jim

With Midland Bowl still on the cards to be opening, its my hope that they wish to continue the tradition of the Perth and Gold Cups.

The Watson family are very bowling community orientated and from what Ive seen they have the game at heart. (Having 2 teenage boys who love the game helps :p )

Many Australian Tournaments have changed venues in the past and continued to run...... I cant see why both of these great events cant aswell.

My Fingers are Crossed..........

Clint

Though even with Midland Bowl, it will be a while before it eventuates, unless another centre decides to take on the Perth Cup. In the meantime we might have to hope Cannington Classic can resurface again.

Perth Cup was run less than 3 weeks ago...... With Midlands plans already in for approval.....one would hope the bowl is 12-18 mnths away...

Im happy to miss one years Perth cup (2007) if it means the tournament has a new house the year after...........

Let's hope so, but I would have thought, even with everything planned at Midland, that it would take a little while to run smoothly over there before they are able to take on a national tournament. I'd say we'd probably miss 2 years, but feel free to prove me wrong because I sure can't wait to bowl another Perth Cup!

Midland is a bit out of the way for some people, but if it means a new state of the art centre for WA, then I'm all for it.

It would be great to see them pick up Perth Cup, but also Gold Cup and a few others that will be gone due to Fairlanes' closure.

We shall see in due time

Lets just hope everyone locally and interstate, but especially locally, SUPPORTS these tournaments if they do go ahead at another centre

I am sure that some of the other Centre's possibly Cannington might be willing to look at picking up Perth Cup and Gold cup. Both these tournaments have always had a good representation from the bowling public.

Midland bowl when it eventually gets up and running will be a centre that will be looking to running some decent tournaments. But at the end of the day its the bowlers that make and break tournaments. If we do not support them and numbers continue to drop on entries, then they can not run.
Nobody wants to bowl in a tournament that doesn't have a reasonable payout, and you cant give good prize money back without competitor willing to part with the cash.

it is sad to see the 2 best ever perth events go, but go they must as i cant see any other centre giving them the respect that they deserve

No disrespect to anyone intended however Perth Cup ran for 30years in the BEST centre in Perth, i just couldnt see it being the same anywhere else

As for Gold Cup, it only survived 3centre changes as it stayed within the Fairlanes Group and received such magnitude support from an alliance through RENT a PLANT, I WOULD BE PLEASNTLY SURPRISED IF IT WERE TO BE RECEIVED ANYWHERE ELSE

If i'm wrong that would be great, but have a look at the events we've had and then ask the reasons why they have not had the longjevity that the above 2events had had

WA OPEN - S/Bowl
Grand Prix - S/Bowl
Rosemount Cup - Rosemount
Cannington Classic - Cannington
Melville Cup - S/Bowl
Brunswick Cup - Craigie
Bunbury Open - Bunvury
West Coast Challenges - All Centres
WA Ladies Circuit - All Centres
City Masters - Rotational
Invitational Masters - Rotational
West Coast Classic - Rockingham
Kelmscott Cup - Kelmscott

and i'm sure there's more that i've missed

All of the above were great events but why are they no longer???

Now you're asking the best 2 to be carried on, why not let them rest peacefully and be remembered as the best.

For me it would be sadder to watch them go somewhere else and be crucified and be remembered as something that should never have been touched.

MORE OPINIIONS ON THE CONTINUAL OF THESE EVENTS WOULD BE GREAT

Back
Top Bottom