TBA and UTBA Good News

jimcross

Really good news of forward looking co-operation between TBA and United Tenpin Bowling Association, posted on TBA Website. Do yourselves a favour and go onto the TBA site and read the press release.
Talking about going on the TBA site, wouldn't it be great if all the relevant sites about Tenpin, had links provided on each other's sites, so one could just hop from one to the other.

In a spirit of co-operation which would actually benifit ALL of those sites, this would be a great move. I would hope that there would be no petty, percieved, self interests which would stand in the way?

There are some links presently --e.g. The TBA site links to FIQ, ABF, PBA Tour, Goldpin, APBA, AMF, and the TENPIN Bowling Show. There are others, look them up yourself - JASON, why don't we start first and provide links on this site to all the various Bowling Related sites ? There's quite a few, including State TBA ones. Set an example. Probably others will follow.

No dramas doing that here at all Jim...

If TBA and the State sites want to have a Total Bowling link on there sites also then i have no drams at all...

They just have to email me the LOGOS and Web address and we can link each State and TBA site to Total Bowling and Vise Versa...I have been trying to get this to happen for years...

Maybe its time hey...

Yes, Jase,

If we can get a bit of positive response to this --- we can 'lobby' them

It really would be good for all the sites concerned, and it would be great for all those who use them.

Some of the sites already have some links, but unless I am not 'tech savvy' enough to find them, AMF doesn't appear to have any at all?

I agree this would be one of the best things to happen in Tenpin Bowling.
All sites and associations combining and linking.
What great vision or is it just a DREAM!!!!

Some of the sites already have some links, but unless I am not 'tech savvy' enough to find them, AMF doesn't appear to have any at all?

AMF doesn't want to be associated with Totalbowling. They think that the advertising and free press (good and bad) is a waste of time.

AMF doesn't want to be associated with Totalbowling. They think that the advertising and free press (good and bad) is a waste of time.
Let's not turn this into any sort of knocking session. AMF are not the only ones with no links to other bowling sites. Let's just try, one at a time if necessary, to get a site to link to one other, and have it grow from there.

Jase has already said, effectively,how easy it is. All it apparently needs is someone at TBA to get in touch with Jase - or Jase to get in touch with someone at TBA ( Kelly Warren, e.g. ? ) to start the ball rolling......and- who knows where it may lead?

Jase has already said, effectively,how easy it is. All it apparently needs is someone at TBA to get in touch with Jase - or Jase to get in touch with someone at TBA ( Kelly Warren, e.g. ? ) to start the ball rolling......and- who knows where it may lead?

Would need to be the first option I'd say Jim as AMF have in the past disallowed use by TB! Would probably be deemed inappropriate for Jase to go to AMF, knowing where AMF stands on this issue. Maybe with all the changes happening in the sport AMF might change this 'policy' and contact Jase and TB! Heres hoping!

I obviously don't manage to express myself very clearly, from time to time.

What I have been suggesting is that we should start at some ( hopefully ) easy marriages, e.g. TBA, which has a lot of links currently, and Total Bowling, -- and then another easy site to exchange with, and the next, etc., and maybe set the mood for others to follow.

All this without mulling over past experiences or judgments.

TBA seems to be beavering away in the background pulling together some things which pulled us apart in the past, so let's try, GENTLY and NON -JUDGMENTALLY to repair any bridges which present themselves.

If it appears to some people there may be some 'difficult' ones - just leave them for now, there may be a different prevailing attitude later.

I obviously don't manage to express myself very clearly, from time to time.

What I have been suggesting is that we should start at some ( hopefully ) easy marriages, e.g. TBA, which has a lot of links currently, and Total Bowling, -- and then another easy site to exchange with, and the next, etc., and maybe set the mood for others to follow.

All this without mulling over past experiences or judgments.

TBA seems to be beavering away in the background pulling together some things which pulled us apart in the past, so let's try, GENTLY and NON -JUDGMENTALLY to repair any bridges which present themselves.

If it appears to some people there may be some 'difficult' ones - just leave them for now, there may be a different prevailing attitude later.

Jim

Exactly right !!!

You're on the money Jim. The Balkanisation of bowling is harming the sport and therefore all of us.

TBA as the national body with government backing is the obvious banner to unite under and this will not be easy. There are some festering old wounds that need to be healed over. People at the organisational level need to come together for the good of the sport.

We're a reasonable sized nation if we unite. As bickering tribes however, we are no good to anyone, especially ourselves. As either a union, a buyers club or a cooperative bowling and bowlers are in a better position.

Back
Top Bottom