TBA ACCREDITED LANE MEASURING COURE

TBAQ

If you are interested in becoming an accredited lane measurer
this course is for you. TBAQ will be holding a Lane Measuring Course on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th May 2006. (This is a 2 day course)
Venue:North Rockhampton Squash Bowl
Date: Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th May 2006
Time: 9am - 5pm each day
Cost: $175.00 (incl. gst)
For more information or you would like to book please contact TBAQ
Ph: 07 3876 5400 (office hours)
or email [email protected]

Hi

Just wondering if you would be holding any other lane measuring courses this year. Would like to go just have to decide whether to bowl twin tour or not.

But if theres going to be another one then that makes the decision easier.:p :p

Cheers

Andrew C

Accredited lane measurer...............LOL..........shouldn't that be, a lane inspector?
WOW!!! thats mighty exspensive..........I wonder where they got that price from??????

With all due respect...................a two day course to learn how to read a spirit level and follow a few simple drawings!!....................you gotta be kidding.
Anyone who is reasonably intelligent and is familiar with the imperial measuring system should be able to comprehend the information in a few hours................it's not rocket science.

Neville

Brunswick Tech said:
Accredited lane measurer...............LOL..........shouldn't that be, a lane inspector?
WOW!!! thats mighty exspensive..........I wonder where they got that price from??????
With all due respect...................a two day course to learn how to read a spirit level and follow a few simple drawings!!....................you gotta be kidding.
Anyone who is reasonably intelligent and is familiar with the imperial measuring system should be able to comprehend the information in a few hours................it's not rocket science.
Neville

Well maybe they would actually like the job done properly:rolleyes:

i used to have all the info i got it at a state junior bowling camp in '94
dont remember a lot anymore though
i would like a copy to read over though
you should be givin a book with all info on it then tested at your own pace when your ready
because you will more than likely be helped along in the class anyway
daniel

Stuart Little said:
Shawn, some people would rather have the qualifications to do it, TBA doesnt recognise things from anyone

Qualifications? what qualifications? again, I say...................if your familiar with the imperial measuring system, know how to read a spirit level and can follow a few simple drawing relating to lane dimensions and specifications.....................one should be able to digest the all the information in a few hours.......................it's not a complicated!!

It's not for me to judge or discern anothers intelligence...............we all know our limitations, abeit most of us undervalue ourselves. Have we not all long ago drawn conclusions on where we fit in society? .............how you evaluate your intelligence relies on your own personal perspective.

Mans mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to it's original dimensions...............

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make our world.

Neville

Yes, true Mark, very true. Now what has that got to do with lane measuring and accreditation? Are you saying it should be done by the metric system instead of the imperial system so more can understand the process?

The rest of the post had good points, it's just that I can't see their relevance to this topic.

Just to clarify what is meant by Lane measuring and what competencies are required and how to access bowler information for adults and youths as well as juniors

If Bowlers want to examine how lane specifications affect the play strategies of lanes this information is still available

to juniors and youth bowlers
via State Development camps - next camp date (for SQ 1st, 2nd and 3rd July at Mt Gravatt Lanes, NQ 24th, 25th and 26th June at Kirwan Lanes Townsville) contact TBAQ (07 38765400) for more information -

to Adult Bowlers
via 12 frame clinics - a minimum of 10 persons willing to participate will have a clinic held at your local Qld centre. Costs are $60 per person for 7 hours bowling AND learning plus lane fees approximately $40. Fees cover hand out material, presenter and use of copyright program and bowling continually for 7 hours (great value).

The Lane measuring course covers:
Learning outcomes:

At the end of this course the participant will have the knowledge and skills required to:

• plan and prepare to measure centre lanes
• measure lanes accurately and consistently
• report to TBA and to complete all necessary documentation for the centre to become an accredited TBA centre.

In particular the participant will be able to:
• Identify the tools and materials used to measure lanes to TBA standard
• Identify and apply TBA & FIQ measurements, standards and requirements
• Identify and follow the procedures and checks for industry accepted methods used to measure and accredit a new centre with TBA
• Follow the procedures and checks for industry accepted methods used to re accredit a centre with TBA
• Demonstrate the ability to work using imperial and decimal measurements and conversions from one to the other.
• Demonstrate the ability to use lane measuring tools and materials to measure lanes accurately and consistently
• Demonstrate correct and accurate recording of measurements on TBA forms
• Demonstrate correct and accurate reporting and completion of the process and accreditation forms supplied by TBA
• Communicate effectively with centre lane technician and management regarding any measurement issues

Hoping this covers your questions.

Best wishes

Gail Torrens Grad. Dip. (Elite Sports Coaching)
TBAQ State Coaching Director

Easy Tiger said:
Yes, true Mark, very true. Now what has that got to do with lane measuring and accreditation? Are you saying it should be done by the metric system instead of the imperial system so more can understand the process?
The rest of the post had good points, it's just that I can't see their relevance to this topic.
Hey Tiger, don't be fooled..................I'm not Mark Lawnton, never have been, never will be.............one shouldn't assume.

No, I'm not saying we should measure the lanes using the metric measuring system.........................that's a strange conclusion to come to?

The proverbs and quotes that I posted may not be relevant to the thread subject, however I do believe they are relevant to the question posed to me by Stuart....................I'm sure that if they were indeed not relevant, the post would have been deleted.

Neville

Back
Top Bottom