LANE MEASURERS COURSE

Mr Mac

A Lane Measurers Course is to be held at Kedron Bowl in Brisbane on 18/19 November 2006. Starting at 9.00am to 4.00pm each day. Cost is $225.00 Inc GST.
For more information on this course and a booking form, please contact The Tenpin Bowling Association of Queensland [email protected] (o7) 3876 5400 or the presenter John McKenna (07) 49271555 [email protected]

Please tell me why this is neccessary. I know there must be a reason but for the life of me I can't think of it.

In order to have all bowling lanes in Australia certified, so that they comply with the international specifications, TBA and the bowlers of Australia require people who are trained to measure and check that the specifications are correct for all bowling lanes.
This course trains those who will be accredited to do the checking of the lanes and equipment.
Thanks for the enquiry
Regards
Mr Mac

Just one more question Mr Mac.

Does the TBA pay the people for measuring the lanes? After all, it's the TBA who issues the certification, isn't it? I think our governing body should foot the bill for this. And what do the course attendees get for their $225 besides training and a piece of paper?

Yes you get a piece of paper and a large manual and most importantly KNOWLEDGE.
But the procedure in many places is that the Centre pays to have their lanes certified or the Association may in some cases pay to receive the lane certification. So the person do the measurements can receive something for their efforts.
So it can vary in arangements depending on circumstances in each centre..

Back
Top Bottom