Sunset Superbowl - 300 - Cory Knowles

T

Tangles

I know Tom has posted this in the main forum already, but I thought I'd post it here as well. Cory Knowles bowled a 300 on Tuesday night whilst pre-bowling for the Wednesday night All Stars scratch league. Congratulations mate, even though I was working down the back at the time I had no idea what was going on. :lol:

Cory's 300 was...
-His first
-Sunset's twentieth (since it opened in 1997)
-Sunset's third for 2005
-Toowoomba's fifth for 2005 (Sunset has had 3, Garden City has had 2)

The high scores continue to roll out, should be a great East Coast here in September! Looking forward to it!

First of all congrates to Cory . Kehan about the 300;s Garden City has actually had 3 Max Starr, Zanes and Jim Dallaway and 1 in practice by Ian Phelen . Its good to see the 300,s coming hopefully there will be many more for both centers.
Thanks Cindy.

Cindy,

Max Starr's was last year, I was referring to the numbers for 2005.. :D

I dont think it really matters, shouldnt people just be happy with the fact that there are 300's being thrown around the place??
I didnt get the opportunity to see Zane's, Jim's or Ian's but Im sure they were great games.

I find this Funny. Cory as I know as put in to get the ring and so on for bowling his 300! It was done in a pre-bowl.

Yet TBA Rules

TBA Rule 409 Conditions Governing a 300 Game Award.
1. The high score have been bowled in a league or tournament accredited by TBA

I asked tba if you could bowl it in a pre-bowl. The replyed:

If the prebowl was done by only one individual, unfortunately not. The second paragraph of Rule 403 defines that TBA awards are not available for any scores bowled in matches without the direct opposition of their opponent.

He prebowl by him self. Why is it he gets the awards???

I don't think this is fair. I know that sunset on his form which was send to tba said he bowled it in league being all stars on a wednesday night. In fact he did it the night before in a prebowl. How is this fair for others. Can people just do what they want?

P.S He bowled alone.

Hey Bowler stop whinging Cory bowled it not you, so give him the raps that he deserves for bowling a 300.
He is bowling very well at the moment so he deserves everything that he accomplishes. I heard that he won the TQI State Masters on the weekend with a 231 average so this just goes to show how well he is bowling at the moment.
So in ending Bowler just keep bowling & worrying about yourself & not anybody else.

Brad Lipp.

Well done Cory ( Winning state. )
I'm not winging about him bowling 300. Maybe read it again?

I'm just stating whats the point of having rules if you can get around them? Seems unfair for others who have done the same thing and not be able to get the awards or for people in the future. Why is it a center can change something to get away with it? This was never aimed at Cory. It wouldn't of mattered who it was, I would be still saying this.

Point of the matter is the rules seem to be useless if there so easy to get around.

TBA Rule 409 Conditions Governing a 300 Game Award.
1. The high score have been bowled in a league or tournament accredited by TBA ( This wasn't so bowled in a pre-bowl )

Rule 403 defines that TBA awards are not available for any scores bowled in matches without the direct opposition of their opponent. ( Bowled on his own, not with his opposition )

On the form it was said he bowled it in league being allstars. Not Correct. If the correct details were put down that was bowled in pre-bowl and so on it wouldn't have went though now would it. TBA was not told the correct information.

As the saying goes s--t happens, but I hope for Corey's sake all the right avenues where taken & all the t's crossed & all the i's dotted & not done how you said they where done, otherwise there could be more s--t sprayed over the place.

In this instance, Bowler is correct.

Prebowls are not counted towards honour scores no matter which way you want to "view" the rules.

I myself have scored a couple of 300's & 299's in prebowls. I even did them with pacers. But unless you bowl the scores during sanctioned league or tournament play (and this means at the time the sanctioned competition is being played), then it is unfortunate but the score cannot be sanctioned.

Still a great effort by Corey, and perhaps the centre will still honour & recognise the score in some way themselves - there is nothing to stop them from doing that. It just can't be recognised as a sanctioned 300.

I also know what it is like to bowl a 300 in a prebowl as I did it last year.
The leauge was TBA accredited, but as Graham pointed out, unless it is bowled under leauge conditions, the score does not count towards recieving an award, so I received nothing except the glory of chucking 300.

But that should'nt take anything away from Cory bowling 300. Well done.

I also heard that in the TQI masters on the weekend, Cory shot a 299 on the way to winning the masters, awesome bowling!!

Hey well done Cory! All I can say is it's about time!! Hope to see ya soon :shocked!:

So what is the point of pre bowling if you do not get recognition for your scores.Is it not up to your league about prebowling?
If you bowl in another league for you pre bowl does a 300 count then???

Les I do have a life thanks. I don't go around telling others to get one. And you know that answer to your question. Maybe you should take your own advise.

SORRY have to agree with bowler, a 300 should definitely not count in a pre-bowl. And your scores are recognised in that league, but the scores are not recognised as sanctioned 300's etc, and neither should they be. However, bowling a 300 at any time is a huge effort

Back
Top Bottom