stupid rule queries.

Explain this to me like i've never been in a bowling centre.

A league secertary has asked if i know the rules about when a ball goes in to a gutter. Yes, thats it, no score, a zero. It was then argued by a bower(who use to run leagues 10 years ago, he says.) He has never heard of that rule and that if a ball comes out of the gutter, the score counts.

I say no, he says, show me the proof in the rules.

Consolt tba rules. Illegal pinfall I believe.

It is illegal to score any pinfall from a ball that has left the lane. Well, that should make it clear.

No, he argues that the lane runs from the outside of the right gutter to the outside of the left gutter, and still wants to argue that the pinfall should count.

Tell me what you think.

Been in and around tenpin for about 30 years, never ever has the score counted from a ball that has gone into the gutter. Tell this person to watch the old movie classic The Castle , tell him he or she they are :rolleyes: dreamin.

Just stupid!
The lane area is 40 - 41 inches from gutter to gutter. Once the ball leaves the lane area any pinfall is illegal (as per the rules on illegal pinfall).
You should suggest to this fool that the next time he/she leaves a pin standing up in the gutter that it should be respotted

Split Happens, explain to this person that he needs to spend another 10 years understanding the rules.

Damm, if this rule was in effect, I would add at least 5 pins to my average since everytime I've missed a 7 or 10 pin, the ball jumps out.

What an idiot!

Leo

Hahaha, I'm laughing, cause i got one of them tonight in Dandy, BUGGER. Of course it doesn't count, otherwise i would of rolled a 218, instead of a 192.

Damn you gotta hate that.......:confused:

Split happens good interesting post but u post with no id who are u is their a reason u hide:confused:
Nothing wrong with post but i think it's good people have an idea who is posting what!

Gary .................................:cool:

alexnjudy said:
That's why that STUPID JACK ASS not running a league anymore :rolleyes: hope his name is not JACK !! :cool:

Too right, Alexjudy - but it's these guys/girls that get voted or re-elected as secretary / president not knowing the rules.

It's probably happened to many bowlers who may have lost the game or series by a few pins - the trouble is that the majority of gutter ball spares are never corrected - for lack of caring since it's too hard to correct (might even take time away from a smoke break) or the old saying - "we're not playing for sheep stations" ....how many times have you heard that one (lol).... give us a break!!!

Michael Mac

I have a query in which i brought up with a rachiug bowler during the warnambool cup as it happened a few times and it does run along the same lines as a ball jumping out of the gutter and hitting the pins.
I had bowled my ball a missed the lot but for some strange reason the ball came back out of the pit or off the backboard and on to the pin deck taking out a couple of pins. He told me that the score counts. I believed him as he has been around for a while and knows the game pretty well. I have bowled for a while now and was always under the impression that once the ball leaves the lane surface/pin deck the ball is then dead. Could someone please clarify this. It probably doesnt happen very often but i saw it probably 5 - 10 times during the Warnambool Cup.

Confused
Kelvin

:rolleyes: Ball in gutter is dead period end of argument. Just a question to those bowlers in Warrnambool cup if you wern't sure what the ruling was why did you not ask the tournament director.

Phil.:cool:

Happy to say me. Based on what happened to me at Rachuig this year. After that shot of mine at Stikezone, that everyone had a great laugh at, and took me fifteen minutes to explain to the TBA rep why my ball was rolling back up the lane. He asked if the score need to corrected. I had a miss on the second shot, and he wanted to know if l had hit any pins, so that they could make the correction, as they counted. Only going on what the TBA official was saying to me at the time of the incident. I was under the impression that the ball was also dead, but was advised the score would have counted in this instance. Not sure why that it is though, and was wanting to find out as was rather busy at the time.

In the rules it says, a ball can not come back onto the pin deck and knock down extra pins.

I know this as I was checking the rule for the gutter ball.

Hi Guys,

More than happy to admit that the info given to myself at the Nationals was not correct. Have found in the rule book the following.

RULE 109 PINFALL - ILLEGAL
When any of the following incidents occur the ball counts as a ball rolled, but pins knocked down will not count:
1. When pins are knocked down or displaced by a ball that leaves the lane before reaching the pins.
2. When a ball rebounds from the rear cushion.
3. When pins come in contact with the body, arms or legs of a pin setter and rebound.
4. A standing pin which falls upon removing dead wood or which is knocked down by a human pin setter or touched by
mechanical pin setting equipment will not count and must be replaced on the pin spot inscribed on the pin deck where it
originally stood before delivery of the ball.
5. Pins which are bowled off the lane, rebound and remain standing on the lane must be counted as pins standing.
6. If in delivering the ball a foul is committed, any pins knocked down by such delivery will not be counted.
7. Pins knocked down by a ball illegally delivered. Refer Rule 603, Holes.

Kelvin, it was only 1 or 2 pins and made no differance in the actual game so would not worry about it mate, l'm not as you beat me by more than the couple of pins.....:p

Wow, I heard about the Rachiug incident also, but understand the Tournament official was wanting to issue a Yellow Card violation (perhaps that was for the delay the incident caused).

Seems to me that if someone is officiating a top-level tournament [like Rachiug] they should be more familiar with the rules of our great game. (No offense intended to the official in question.) Perhaps Tournament Directors need to have some sort of accreditation before officiating at certain levels of tournaments.

Vaughnn said:
Wow, I heard about the Rachiug incident also, but understand the Tournament official was wanting to issue a Yellow Card violation (perhaps that was for the delay the incident caused).

It was only a little delay.......not my fault the ball decided to roll back up the lane, after it hit the curtain at the back :eek: . Still surprised it got out prior to the gate coming down.....:D

Yes, it is time that some officials learned the rules and how to apply them when required.It just amazes me how many rules are ignored,because it is easier to get on with the game then adhere to the proper rules and regulations. I do blieve that TBA have started to set up some course for officials, which will give them an insight of what is expected and will give them a certificate and official standing, very much on the same basis as Coaches are now. This should be very good for the game in years to come.

Ok ppl since we are with this stupid queries and we are dealing wt so many stupid people and most ppl here are bored..here we go ;)
Let's say Bowler A who is a Captain of a team who is not bowling on that day goes to a handicap / disable bowler and says to him you are crossing my bowlers lane everytime. All your shots are illegal and your scores doesn't count !! How do you address that problem :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom