smoking during bowling

Hmmm.........OK.

Without giving out names, I was competing in a major tournament in Perth and I was paired with a WA Raichug bowler. Well he was having a rather bad day and was letting everyone know it. As a result my own game was suffering.

It got to the point where his bitching was ceaseless and as I walked back off the approach I told him to STFU. He told me to get ****ed. I head butted him and smashed his nose. I was suspended and I shot 40 pins under average.

I was due back a couple of years ago, but my son became quite ill and my attention needed to be focused on him. That's the main reason we are back in Brisbane.

Really? :eek:
All fun and games then in that tournament :lol:
How long a stretch did you get?

I got 24 months probation for throwing tables and chairs and other assorted behaviour at a mentally disturbed person who had a crack at me in league one night and completely put me off my game.

Something I look back at in regret now. :oops:

PS: We've got so far off topic here we might as well take it to PM's (Personal Messaging) :)

:lol: :lol: Stuff of legends mate.

same as you 24 months, but I never got it in an official letter. I don't even know if I was suppose to.

Back on topic.

Smoking's bad mmmkay.

Hi All,

Now before you guy's go getting to lovey dovey with each other the proposed rule that the big fella was talking about is already in the TBA rule book. See below attachment.

Also do you guys go and change grips or fix up your thumb holes during league, if so I hope hope you dont cause a delay because it states in there somewhere that "No delays shall be allowed for personal equipment failure", wonder if that includes brain failure :wink:

Rob

Stuff of legends mate.

Didn't realise that legends headbutted people or threw furniture at fellow bowlers. :oops: :oops:

I feel sorry for the poor bloke that that holds either of you up during your league play. :?

Rob

PS. I don't smoke but I also don't mind if someone pops out for a quick smoke between games.

well people I didn't know about rule 214 I dont know if it has been enforced at any centre yet but we will see thanks for that .I wonder how long its been there.............renta :? :? :? :?

andrew how many TBA rule books have you seen or have in your possession ,I have never seen one . most league secs have one ,president has one ..........now I have beem informed that you can see it on the net.so I agree I should have read one by now as my wife has one,so i just this minute found out why has it taken til now for rule 214 to be enforced or going to be !!!!!!!!!!!!! .......regards renta

bowlrig said:
Also do you guys go and change grips or fix up your thumb holes during league, if so I hope hope you dont cause a delay because it states in there somewhere that "No delays shall be allowed for personal equipment failure"

Yet most bowlers can accept someone making changes to their ball during league or tournament play and when they do, they are there in the players area when they do so. You're making comparisons when there isn't one. Smoking between games or frames has nothing to do with the sport itself. If you can smoke and not hold me up, fine, but if you do cause a delay because you can't wait to have a smoke, then yes, I'm going to get in your face.

bowlrig said:
wonder if that includes brain failure :wink:

You're telling the story mate. You tell me.

bowlrig said:
Didn't realise that legends headbutted people or threw furniture at fellow bowlers.

I see recognising sarcasm is not one of your strong suits either.

bowlrig said:
I feel sorry for the poor bloke that that holds either of you up during your league play.

First you quote rules regarding delays then you pity the fool that causes it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick one or stay out of it.

renta said:
andrew how many TBA rule books have you seen or have in your possession ,I have never seen one . most league secs have one ,president has one ..........now I have beem informed that you can see it on the net.so I agree I should have read one by now as my wife has one,so i just this minute found out why has it taken til now for rule 214 to be enforced or going to be !!!!!!!!!!!!! .......regards renta

How many rule books have I seen? Well actually several.

How many league meetings have you been to, Renta?
How many Local Association meetings have you been to?
How many State AGMs have you been to?
How many AGMs of the National Body have you been to?
How many National Forums have you been to?
These places are where the decisions are made.

However if you care to tell us when you will next be home we'll have someone from the National Body drop round and note your opinions.

I'll also pass on your thoughts on smoking to Mr Bracks. No doubt he will also contact everyone before he frames his next piece of anti-smoking legislation.

lol, this is like a tennis match

get off the courts guys

sharapova wants to play, and i want to watch

bowlrig said:
Didn't realise that legends headbutted people or threw furniture at fellow bowlers. :oops: :oops:
It was a spectator. Came down and had a go, I finished it. Simple.
Not proud of it, wasn't an appropriate way to act and although I got a lot of support from fellow bowlers over it, I still would've handled it completely different now than I did 8 years ago.

bowlrig said:
I feel sorry for the poor bloke that that holds either of you up during your league play. :?
They've got nothing to fear from me at all. If it becomes a longterm habit, a quiet little chat and joke usually sorts it all out.

Yes Craig you're quite right. I should never have entered this. There will always be bowlers who sit on the sidelines and only voice their opinions when an issue affects them personally.
It just makes me so cross when I know how hard some people are working to get bowling recognised as an Olympic Sport.
To then read dickhead posts from participants in the Sport who aren't happy with the smoking rules or how they are framed, really doesn't help. People do have a choice, they don't have to bowl in a properly structured sanctioned league. They can always come in to open play and smoke and drink to their hearts content.

You're making comparisons when there isn't one.

Yes there is, if you want some bowlers to abide by one rule then other bowlers should abide by other rules that may affect someone else.

Not all ball repairs are done in the players area.

sharapova wants to play, and i want to watch

Did you actually get down to see one of her matches Chucky? :D :D
Would have been unbearable if you had have taken Porto and Jase.

Rob

bowlrig said:
You're making comparisons when there isn't one.

Yes there is, if you want some bowlers to abide by one rule then other bowlers should abide by other rules that may affect someone else.

Not all ball repairs are done in the players area.

No, there isn't. Do you even read what your posting?

Ball repairs during play are usually done on the lanes and you know it. It's also a necessity and an acceptable part of the sport. It takes me mere seconds to replace a lifter or whack a tape in the thumb hole. We've all done it.

Since when is the need to smoke a necessity of this sport?

Andrew,

Its because of comments like that why nobody takes Queenslanders seriously.

you seemed to making a bit of sense until that one :roll:

Back
Top Bottom