Storm Storm Paradigm Complete Domination

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
When I saw the Complete Domination in the Asian releases of the Storm International website, I was captivated. With a RAD+ core (from the Paradigm Domination) wrapped in an R2S Hybrid Cover (from the Sure Fire), who wouldn’t want that puppy? I’ll start with some facts, and then review the ball.

My Specs
I’m a RH cranker. 450+ RPM. PAP is 4½ across and 3/4 up. Ball speed is medium high at 18 mph.

LAYOUT
The ball in question had 2.6 Top Weight and a 4½" pin. Pin was laid out 6” from the PAP with a 5½” Pin Buffer, with MB 4½” from the PAP. This puts the pin left of the middle finger, with the CG southeast of the grip centre. It looks left handed. (See the attached photos - Yes, I am Right Handed.) I've seen Chris Barnes and Michael Fagan throw similar layouts and was impressed enough to drill something similar.

COVER
The cover stock is factory polished R2S Hybrid. This gets the ball through the heads easily and the R2S as always reads the midlane with firm control. This ball looks great btw. The colour is Pewter, Bronze and Scarlet. The vanilla / cinnamon scent is not too offensive either and makes me wonder what’s for dessert.

REACTION
I've bowled this piece on Brunswick synthetics with a THS and a fairly easy (seniors) tournament pattern with some games on it. Here's how it went.
This ball goes clean through the heads, reads the midlane like a book, and then makes a strong move left. At first I was concerned about the strength of this ball as I had deliberately drilled it weak. In league on fresh backends, with OOB surface, this ball makes a serious and continuous move. It looked like it was kicked left when I gave it more rotation on test shots, so I laid off and stroked it more. It responded very well to the change in hand position. I was able to play inside to out and hold the pocket all night with small moves. Pin carry was good and I feel this will improve with me getting looser with the softer shot. I am also looking forward to throwing this on a slicker tournament pattern.

On the Seniors pattern with carry down, game one was 246 without a practice ball. Needless to say I was impressed. I mucked around with it and threw comparison balls and shots for the next game and threw 237 the game after getting serious again. So then I started moving around to see what it would do. Corner pin carry got tricky once I was targeting 22 board but I was staying in the oil too long by that point and any ball would have rapped from in there. This is a ball that strikes from just about anywhere on the lane. A good thing in anyone’s language.

CARRY
Pin carry is very impressive. I stuck some Tuggeranong stone 10’s, but blew some big racks and some atomic messengers. I don’t remember leaving a flat 10 with it yet. Like every R2S covered ball, this ball cracks the rack with a sound that will make you smile.

SUMMARY
The Paradigm Complete Domination is a good looking ball with a lot of punch that responds to changes in technique. It’s a very useful thing to have in the bag. This ball will give you a clean look through the front of the lanes, variable motion through drilling and technique and great pin action.

The RAD+™ core makes this ball turns the corner with outstanding strength, but the R2S cover provides good control. The Complete Domination is a very strong piece, even with a weak drilling. You could use a medium to weak drill pattern than normal to give you control or just let it rip! Note: To use the same pattern I have (good for crankers or power strokers), make sure your pro shop can do this precisely using your PAP coordinates. This one is not a layout for the “she’ll be right” kind of driller.

This ball provides a lot of horsepower. I can see strokers and tweeners with anything from medium speed and up getting a lot of great carry with this piece using medium layouts like a pin-in ball drilled over the CG with the MB kicked right of the thumb. (5x5-ish) For players with slower speed, a long pin (4+”) over the bridge or middle finger with a similar MB location would get downlane easier.

Storm Australia is holding extremely limited stocks of these so if you want one, be quick!

Jason Doust
Storm/Vise Amateur Staff

Sorry - Timed out while editing and lost the photo. Here it is. :D

Attachments

• Paradigm-Complete-Dominatio.jpg
    Paradigm-Complete-Dominatio.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 71
Another 1st class review as always. Informative and easy to understand. Jason, what fragrance is this ball, just out of curiosity? Wow, looking at the photo, you certainly did drill it to reduce flair! I imagine if you loaded up this beast, it would want to flip off the lane! Nice to see you're so impressed with a skid/flip ball as I know you're a huge fan of Storm's strong arcing balls (eg. Agent series) as opposed to their angular gear.

I noticed Rebel Tenpin currently have these in stock. Certainly worth a look at. Nice looking ball too. :thmbup:

Thanks Rob! Vanilla / Cinnamon is the scent. It's quite mild. Smells like doughnuts!

The layout is low flare but don't be fooled. This ball still flares a bunch, just moves off the spot in a more controlled motion than otherwise. (R2S is a rolly hooking cover too.)

Back
Top Bottom