Ebonite Total NV

KANAFA!

Coverstock: Traxion Reactive 0.30
RG: 2.51"
Differential: .051"

Pin to PAP Distance: 6 1/2" (Below finger)
Surface Preparation: 4000 Abralon - Factory Finish polish

What I Was Looking For in this Ball and Layout:

The first time i drilled the Total NV up, i drilled it with my pin above my ring finger, CG kicked out to the right 2" from my Centre Grip and MB 3" right of my thumb hole. This was the first mistake i made. This layout on this ball = A LOT OF HOOK! and it was just too much for me on most conditions unfortunately. So we drilled the NV up with a left handed drilling (basically!) I had not drilled a ball like this before, and had no real expectations.

What I Ended Up With in this Ball and Layout:

What i got from this drilling was quite a nice surprise. By drilling the ball with Pin and MB to the left of my middle finger and thumb hole, i have taken most of the core out of the ball. So now, the ball basically rolls down the lane, sitting on its axis and has a mild backend reaction. Now this suits me, because with my hand i can really throw the ball smooth without having to worry about it jumping up all the time. The cover is still a strong piece of work, so i still get good pin carry. I could see this ball and layout being used for strokers on special conditions like the FIQ short, because the core is taken out of the ball so it will roll smooth, but the coverstock is strong enough to carry well.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom