Storm Storm Fired Up

OMG. :crazyeye:

Did you just say that? Too funny. :eek:nfire:

I want my own bowling centre and an oportunity to start my tattoos again.:-(

Back to the post my first new ball (a Fired Up) in 8 year's i'm no longer a staight up and down bowler love the reaction even if people complain about me riding the lane's ( Hello NSW women HaHa )

Gary..................................:cool:

I used a mates Shy Bolt at the beginning of the season. The span was a bit too short, I damaged my wrist and bowled crap with it, but that was due to not having bowled for 4 years.

How does one choose these days as to what suits them? There are so many new balls on the market it's very difficult to make a choice.

This is another great ball from Storm. The ball has an excellent backend reaction when the lanes have carried down a little and the heads dried. You can also use the ball in a more forward roll release to get more use out it if you want to.

How does one choose these days as to what suits them? There are so many new balls on the market it's very difficult to make a choice.

I hear what you are saying PeterB, been out of the game for 7 years and trying to find a new ball is making me obsessive to balling review sites!!!!

16lb Fired Up drilled to go long before the break, I must say I have not bowled with such an aggressive ball like this. I am a tweener and I have never had to throw a ball faster to get this to make it do less on the back end.
My usual line of riding the edge to the hole is now a 7 pin spare shot. With foot and speed adjustments (standing left of centre, aiming at the 2-3 arrow on the right)
I am seeing this ball destory the pocket leaving nothing standing even low pocket shots but if you let this ride high in the pocket expect the ugliest splits around. Going brooklynn with this is an alright shot but tends to leave the 5 - 9 a lot.
Once I figured out how this ball should be thrown I have picked up my avg 25 pins and I have bowled a 659 serise with it. My only gripe is that it doesn't like fresh lanes much where there is a lot more oil. Once the lanes break down in tournament/league play this ball just owns.
Also I dont see the fuss about 16lb balls burning up their momentum and speed down the lane. If anything this explodes the pins where as my 15lb Monster Frenzy tends to hit with a wimper.
Anyways love this ball for what it was meant to do, bash pins in the medium to broken down lanes. "Like a remote control to the pocket" :snipersm:

the fired up is easily one of the best balls ive ever owned hooks on the oil and is big and smooth on the dry a very huge backend hits extremely hard if your looking for a big skid snap ball on medium oil condition and thats pearl reactive go with the fired up its a tremendous ball on the right condition but not a carrydown ball as mines drilled pine above the bridge maximum length small flare potential and big backend the ball even with a weak drilling is tremendous absolutely love this ball highly recommend it the only thing now is ill have to plug the fingers as the layer before the weight block has a chip on it from the angle of the pitch in one of the finger holes which has a chance of leading to cracking the bridge overall though great ball

the storm fired up is one of the best storm balls on the market huge backend and hits at times incredibly hard ive never had a ball that gives me more messengers cause of the extreme entry angle this ball creates

this is a truly outstanding ball but the lifespan sucks big time mines cracked in 4 months and not even many games on it its cracked on the weight hole im not impressed i will continue to use storm as its wonderful gear but the lifespan sucks.

??

Had mine since september last year, still in perfect nick, no cracks or nothin.

I found the fired up a very very flippy ball...only really used it with success on carry down

Still love this ball but I have had some issues with the ball dying on the breakpoint and never look like hitting the pocket. Had some coaching and was told it was my release. I adjusted and after a huge string of bad games seeing no spin, I have not had a game under 200 since and it is moving like it should at least 10 boards if not more. Amazing how little things like your release can change how the ball behaves.

The lesson if the ball doesnt do what you want anymore it isnt the balls fault.

Ball is 4 months old no signs of cracking here.

gneissy said:
The lesson if the ball doesnt do what you want anymore it isnt the balls fault.

This comment here, has to be one of the greatest comments ever made on a bowling site.

Well Done!

I have had one since late last year and it's still in as new condition, no cracks or problems. Great ball though and yes it does flip a lot. Drilled up aggressively it is great for carry down conditions, hits well.

Got mine a month ago.
It hits well, but put it away if conditions are dry.
Took it to Keon Park mid April, where I haven't been able to score for years.
Bowled on the Vic 150 pattern and averaged 235.6 for 9 games, so I'm a fan

hey,
i love my storm fired up. With this ball i have shot my highest which is a 267, so i just love it. I have had mine for about 9 months and it will still recover from a bad release and it comes back into the pocket for 2 board.

Back
Top Bottom