State Champs at Geelong.

granat

Total Bowlerer
There doesn't appear to be much information around as the new Victenpins website is a dud when it comes to live scores and updated information.

If anybody can keep us updated with scores from the Masters it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Graeme and Nat

Well dont expect to much they are still doing everthing by hand. ie pen and paper. Modern technoligy never heard of it.

Latest i had was Cassie S and Ant M went through underfeated Alicia G and Kristylee G were fighting it out to challenge and Ryan B and Nathan P in the boys.

I do know that Megan Hogg won the graded cup go megan

Think this is right.
Jnrs Graded 1st Meagan Hogg, 2nd Lisa Turner.
Jnrs Open Boys 1st Ant Morrell, 2nd Ryan Burton, 3rd Nathan Parlby.
Jnrs Open Girls 1st Cassie, 2nd Kristy-Lee Godfrey, 3rd Alicia Garioch.
Adults just started. Keep you posted Nat.
Doriana

I'd like to say a HUGE congrats to my good friends Cassie and Ant! Well done on taking out your respective champs boys and girls. Congratulations to everyone else who places as well.

Later, Macca

Adults results in. 1st Porto(dats ma boy), 2nd Mickey, 3rd Trotter.
Ladies 1st Sharyn Lee Calder.
:D :D :D

Congrats to all the winners at the State Champs, and especially to the Werribee bowlers. Werribee bowlers really do rock.

Graeme and Nat :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dorianna

Any scores for vic champ's anywere yet :?:
It has been going for 3 week's :!:

Gary........................

Adult Women Top Three 1st Sharyn Lee Calder well done Sharyn 2nd Cheryl Bast a special big congatulations and 3rd Nat Shelley well done nat.

firstly i would like to give cheryl bast a bit congrats on finishing second and also to trotts on bowling another 299 i think you would almost be in double figures on them by now.
secondly i would like to say what a discrace the the conditions were.when you have bowlers using white dots during the 2 o'clock teams it is a travesty and not a spectacle as it should be.nothing against the centre i beleive the state committee should have allowed to have a reoil some time during the day as i pitty the 2 squads that had to bowl after teams on saturday.people wonder why we dont take the state champs seriously i actually heard someone on the weekend say i cant beleive these 200 average bowlers are struggly true we should be able to adjust but when you have to drive an hour and a half you cant afford to put 5 different plastic balls in the car.
i have better things to do with my time and money than waste it on state championships and if it wasn't compulsory i wouldn't be the only one not bowling. :oops: :oops: :oops:

yeah sad but understandable why you would assume this attitude mac

heres some suggestions to improve these events

junior championships and masters weekend one
adult championships and masters (graded) weekend two
adult championships and masters (open) weekend three

on a daily basis

run 2 singles squads (2 bowlers per lane)
run 1 doubles squad
run 1 teams squad

wash and oil

run 2 singles squads (2 bowlers per lane)
run 1 doubles squad
run 1 teams squad

end of play for the day

and if entries are more than what a day allows, well they will have to be scheduled at a different time, and if that doesn't satisfy the bowlers trying to enter well my answer would be, get your entries in earlier

and one last question seeing i hadn't bowled in the states for 13 years.......

what happened to the opening squad tournament, wasn't it called the denny bowness memorial????

A huge Congratulations to my friend Cheryl Bast on
a brilliant effort on the weekend you toughed it out
kiddo and second in the masters Fantastic effort
=D> Just the beginning for you babe you've had
the the family now it's time to get back into what
you do so well and thats bowl.
I only have one regret and that is I was'nt there
to see it but I know Paulie 1 and Paulie 2 were
pretty proud fellas lol! :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/

Thanks Mary

Having the friendship and support of people like you (and the rest of the Dandy mob) and especially my two best friends P1 and P2 (better known as Bastie and Trotts) certainly makes getting back into competitive bowling a lot easier and enjoyable. :D :D :D

Also a huge thanks to the other girls who hung around and gave me great support, you know who you are and I thank you for that. Narelle you've come so far in the 16 or so years I've known you and you deserve all the rewards you are getting right now :) :p keep it up we're all proud of you :!: :!:

Thanks Mac for your congrats and support maybe next year I'll let you borrow Tweety :!: :!: :bad-word: See you Wed (How do you like them apples!!!!)

THANKS ALL LUV CHERYL xoxox

great idea craig that is excactly how it should be run.by the way you might want to check your profile you are down as a serice technician isn't serice a colour?
dont know what happened to the pre team event at championships i am pretty sure the numbers just fell like other tournements.
you also could use that kegel to its full potential and just flood the lanes would be quite amusing to see bowlers hooking the ball 2 boards with reactive balls,although you would probably get more complaints but it would still be a good challenge even for just one year.
by the way i thought you and roo boy were trying out for rachuig! :?

Cheryl & Bastie

You did great on the weekend you should be proud of yourself.
It is good to see you making another go of it in the tournaments.
I hope you stick with it so we can bowl in a team again like we did all those years ago. 8) 8)

As for Geelong it was a tough weekend for all.
I'm sure the commitee are trying to improve things for us.
If you have suggestions like Craigs above, I have no doubt that the commitee will be more than willing to listen to bowlers point of view to see how it could be improved.

Narelle

Believe in the things you do :wink: :wink:

i started back at geelong yesterday after finishing the centre at horsham, so time and rachuig did no marry as i would have liked

as for the roo boy, hard to get the lad motivated to leave mildura, he was also wanting to come down last weekend, but couldn't get in contact with the tournament director after numerous attempts

i know the roo is coming down for melbourne cup, who knows if i will bowl, although i wouldn't mind having a crack

i think the guys that bowled on sunday would agree, it wasn't the easiest pattern to play on, especially on the right side of the lane. i don't know how the pattern ended up at the end of masters, unfortunately for me, i'm not allowed to stay out that late at night.

congrats to porto on his win :wink: and bad luck again on the 299 as well as bad luck to trotts on his

Congrats to Ant .. what legend and to Cassie your on fire girl . you both did heaps good .. Also to Kristi-Lee .. Bet they're wishing you weren't with us this yea r.. well done and to Alicia .. awesome effort! looks like you've improved outta site!

Love Arak

From memory the results should take about three or so months to come through. The results are all hand recorded afterall so please be patient. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back
Top Bottom