State Championships what are your thoughts

Jase

Admin
Staff member
With State Championships been run and won a couple of weeks ago, we have all had time to digest the Formats and Dates and would be a great time while still fresh in the minds a chance to give some feedback…

One though I had was to make it easier for those who travel to these events and let’s face it we do have to travel…With NEXT YEARS State Championships being held in Rockhampton and the following year no doubt be back in Brisbane again would it be a smart move to consider changing the date…

The old Kool Foam weekend (May Day Long Weekend) would be a great weekend to hold the Masters and state championships second weekend and it still gives everyone a day to travel home…would this increase the numbers…So in hindsight you would have it over the two weekends with the people needing to travel being able to utilize the long weekend…This could also make it easier to hold the Nell Weir Cup on the Saturday Night of that event before the Masters…

This is just a thought…what does everyone think…

Why dont the TBAQ hold the state championships on one weekend? You still hold the Nell Weir Cup on the Friday night and with a little bit of smart scheduling you could hold all the needed squads on the saturday and possibly part of sunday and then hold both your Restricted and Open Masters events.

By doing it this way, your are creating more atmosphere because everyone that goes to the state championships has to bowl at the same time. Thats just my way of filling the squads.

The squads on the Saturday at this years championships were all full. We are looking at playing the restricted masters on the sunday morning and having more squads on the saturday night.

With State Championships been run and won a couple of weeks ago, we have all had time to digest the Formats and Dates and would be a great time while still fresh in the minds a chance to give some feedback…
One though I had was to make it easier for those who travel to these events and let’s face it we do have to travel…With NEXT YEARS State Championships being held in Rockhampton and the following year no doubt be back in Brisbane again would it be a smart move to consider changing the date…
The old Kool Foam weekend (May Day Long Weekend) would be a great weekend to hold the Masters and state championships second weekend and it still gives everyone a day to travel home…would this increase the numbers…So in hindsight you would have it over the two weekends with the people needing to travel being able to utilize the long weekend…This could also make it easier to hold the Nell Weir Cup on the Saturday Night of that event before the Masters…
This is just a thought…what does everyone think…
I think thats a great idea jase back in the 90s that how the Juniors used to run their state championships the last weekend in april and then the may day weekend.

You could run the NW Cup a Saturday nite Restricted masters and squads on the sunday and open master monday morning with people traveling home monday afternoon.

I also think the first 3 games of NW Cup should be allowed to count towards all events

Back
Top Bottom