Squad listing for VSS event - 28/6/09

tonx

Just an initial squad listing for Event number 3 for 2009, to be ran at OZtenpin Greensborough on 28/6/09.

Some of you may or may not be aware that this event will clash with "Victoria Cup" held at Werribee that weekend, so bowlers have to decide which event they wish to support. I'm not sure why Werribee felt it appropriate to clash, however they have, so it's up to your guys!

Squad listing is as follows,

Limited to 40 bowlers at this stage, with option to extend closer to the event.
1. Andrew Tonkin
2. Russell Hinton
3. Tyson Hinton
4. Robert Zikman
5. Jeanette Baker
6. Kevin Clunes-Ross
7. Dillan Demather
8. Amy Farrell
9. Chris Farrell
10. Roy Farrell

As usual, I'll keep the updates as regular as possible! Get those entries in to show your support for the Victorian Sports Series!

Andrew,

We checked the Victorian tournament calendar, the TBA tournament calendar, and with a couple of other bodies. At the time of deciding on our tournament, and applying for TBA accreditation, we weren't aware of your VSS event.

However, if you knew about the Victorian Cup I think there could have been a couple of options:
A: Move your date to avoid a clash.
B: Call us and advise us of a clash, so that we could work something out.
C:put it on totalbowling and imply it was done on purpose.​
Any of the above options could have avoided bowlers having to make a choice and also any unpleasant postings and implications about our intentions- whether intentional or not.

Good luck with your event and there probably is still time to come to a compromise if you are interested. We both hold these events with one thing in mind - the value to the bowler!

Just a thought,

Edi

we weren't aware of your VSS event.

Just need to correct you here Edi.

The Victorian Sports Events are not "my" events. They were an idea taken from the success of a yearly event that the Old ED Flemming lanes came up with back in 2002. Every year they would put on a fantastic sports event that would challenge the bowler on World Class tournament patterns and the bowlers loved it. Instead of having to average 260 to be competitive in a tournament, every bowler had a chance of making finals against the best Victoria has to offer by making good shots and sparing well.

The events are now ran by the centres which the event is held in, with each and every centre that we hold the events in giving an unbelievable game rate because they wish to support the series and the bowlers. The pattern and format decided by Luke Adkins, one of the leading lane guru's in Victoria.

The date for this event was decided on the 5th of February as stated in this section TotalBowling

If you wish to discuss the clash of events furthur, feel free to call Luke at Oztenpin Epping on 03 9408 3077, however due to the lane allocation at Greensborough being booked since February (at a fantastic game rate as usual thanks to Oztenpin Entertainment Centres), I can't see a possibility of a move of the VSS event. It will however be the decision of Luke, as well as Oztenpin for any adjustment of dates.

I wish you guys all the best in gaining the 60 entries you are hoping for, and if the dates had not have clashed, I would have likely been out there to support the event like I do almost every tournament on the Victorian Calendar.

Limited to 40 bowlers at this stage, with option to extend closer to the event.
1. Andrew Tonkin
2. Russell Hinton
3. Tyson Hinton
4. Robert Zikman
5. Jeanette Baker
6. Kevin Clunes-Ross
7. Dillan Demather
8. Amy Farrell
9. Chris Farrell
10. Roy Farrell
11. Hugh Livingstone
12. Jenny Camilleri
13. Alan Notman
14. Joel Lovegrove
15. Graham Pearson

Keep those entries comming, and thanks for the support so far guys!

1. Andrew Tonkin
2. Russell Hinton
3. Tyson Hinton
4. Robert Zikman
5. Jeanette Baker
6. Kevin Clunes-Ross
7. Dillan Demather
8. Amy Farrell
9. Chris Farrell
10. Roy Farrell
11. Hugh Livingstone
12. Jenny Camilleri
13. Alan Notman
14. Joel Lovegrove
15. Graham Pearson
16. Lee Phillips
17. Michael Wilson
18. Chris Mackenzie
19. David Carmichael

Hey tonx, can you please make room for me in your sport series??

Closest thing to My sports series I can offer, is a Saturday arvo watching the footy with a slab in the fridge. I can however put you into the VSS squad listing :D

1. Andrew Tonkin
2. Russell Hinton
3. Tyson Hinton
4. Robert Zikman
5. Jeanette Baker
6. Kevin Clunes-Ross
7. Dillan Demather
8. Amy Farrell
9. Chris Farrell
10. Roy Farrell
11. Hugh Livingstone
12. Jenny Camilleri